• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d say it’s more a case of a successful team is a happy team.
Success doesn't come unless you have a happy playing group. If the group don't play for each other then they won't be successful. IMO Souths are a very unhappy playing group and their performance and results are directly related to that. Our coach and has done a great job uniting this squad. Additionally the quality of our assistants who are being well utilized by the coach have played a huge part in our improvement. I hope the St George game was just a one off and we never repeat that again. They have a long way to go to be real title contenders. They will have to produce what they produced against the Panthers on a week to week basis against all comers.

NRL FOX
Jason Demetriou’s days at South Sydney “are numbered” and short of a miracle turnaround against Cronulla this Saturday, the board will reportedly sack the embattled coach this weekend.

Demetriou will need a huge upset win over the Sharks to save himself heading into the bye, but even then it will likely only be a stay of execution.

• 📚
Reactions: Ned
Seibold needs to work on getting the team up for the Warriors game, we have a habit of slumping after big games like yesterday’s game
Yes it's something that Manly sides have been known for going back decades, there's always been a lack of focus that's bothered me, I hope Seibold has a way of keeping their minds on the job

Yes it's something that Manly sides have been known for going back decades, there's always been a lack of focus that's bothered me, I hope Seibold has a way of keeping their minds on the job
Yep! I remember when we were in the top 5 and we would come up against souths or norths who were in the bottom 4or5 and we would lose!

I guess we had some terrible coaches back then!

Jury still out for me. I think there have been some great changes over the past 12-18 months but not sure if that is Mestrov or the coaches. And then there are games like the Dragons which do my head in e.g. "we didn't turn up". Well, that's the coach's job to ensure mentally we are up.

Our wingers constantly flying in off the wing leaving massive overlaps. This has been happening for the past 2 years - surely the coaching group can fix that.

And letting go Tuitavake, Fifita, Fainu's x 2 still irks when we have kept Woods and Schuster.

Jury still out for me. I think there have been some great changes over the past 12-18 months but not sure if that is Mestrov or the coaches. And then there are games like the Dragons which do my head in e.g. "we didn't turn up". Well, that's the coach's job to ensure mentally we are up.

Our wingers constantly flying in off the wing leaving massive overlaps. This has been happening for the past 2 years - surely the coaching group can fix that.

And letting go Tuitavake, Fifita, Fainu's x 2 still irks when we have kept Woods and Schuster.

Yeah this is my only major concern. We seem to have cleaned out all our young blokes that would be starting to come through now. Aside from young hoppa the cupboard is pretty bare.

Controversial opinion, coaches influence on finishing position is overrated!!

Now let me clarify.....coaches are a HUGELY important part of the team. The team including everyone from the front office to the kit boy. However, you need all areas of that team firing to win premierships.

Ivan Cleary was amongst the longest serving first grade coaches without a premiership and he now has 3 in a row. He didn't suddenly become a good coach 3 years ago, all the peices fell into place from the roster to the front office, salary cap managment etc etc.

Likewise there was a time when people were starting to put Madges name up with Bellamy and Bennett. Move forward a few years and he is getting the sack from a Tigers situation that just wasn't working.

I'm off on a Sunday tangent here but I do think we make out that everything stems from the coach, success or failure and for mine it is far more nuanced then that.

They are a cog in a machine, one of the most significant cogs but a cog none the less.
Probably the best post I've read on the forum thus far.

Yeah this is my only major concern. We seem to have cleaned out all our young blokes that would be starting to come through now. Aside from young hoppa the cupboard is pretty bare.
I think Humphries has a future at the club.

The other issue appeared to be (allegedly) Tartak clients earning FG contracts playing in Matts, Ball and Flegg. That's never going to work.

I'm still here , I got nothing against Siebold, I do have something against our owners.. You also seem to forget Des had a slightly less star studded team team than this one, and was 1 win away from a GF again with this lot , with Turbo firing.. Des has inherited a new roster of players that go about things half arsed , cant compare Seibold to Hasler yet , Seibold has a long way to prove he is in the same category as a record winning GF coach and a coach whos taken 2 teams to heaps of finals series... I hope he does well , nothing pleases me more than Manly winning , but there was also fktards blaming dessie for losses less than Seibolds ones. The ones who picked on DCE have no idea about the position he plays... I wont death ride him however he should be put under the same microscope Des was.. Des was a fallout guy for Penn deciding to go woke.. That's the facts if he had this team wed be firing, our team this year here is far superior to that of the Titans.

I'm still here , I got nothing against Siebold, I do have something against our owners.. You also seem to forget Des had a slightly less star studded team team than this one, and was 1 win away from a GF again with this lot , with Turbo firing.. Des has inherited a new roster of players that go about things half arsed , cant compare Seibold to Hasler yet , Seibold has a long way to prove he is in the same category as a record winning GF coach and a coach whos taken 2 teams to heaps of finals series... I hope he does well , nothing pleases me more than Manly winning , but there was also fktards blaming dessie for losses less than Seibolds ones. The ones who picked on DCE have no idea about the position he plays... I wont death ride him however he should be put under the same microscope Des was.. Des was a fallout guy for Penn deciding to go woke.. That's the facts if he had this team wed be firing, our team this year here is far superior to that of the Titans.
You're entitled to your opinion but that Titans team has gone backwards considerably under Hasler. They've always had defensive issues but have always been rather enterprising with the ball. They look like a bunch of park footballers that just met before kick off. There's no energy, they look unfit, bored, and void of ideas.

Hasler's second stint at Manly was a train wreck at times - 2020 and the back end of 2022 were some of the darkest years I can remember at the club. By the end of 2022, it sounds like everyone hated the joint, even Jake and Tom. It was definitely time for a change.

You're entitled to your opinion but that Titans team has gone backwards considerably under Hasler. They've always had defensive issues but have always been rather enterprising with the ball. They look like a bunch of park footballers that just met before kick off. There's no energy, they look unfit, bored, and void of ideas.

Hasler's second stint at Manly was a train wreck at times - 2020 and the back end of 2022 were some of the darkest years I can remember at the club. By the end of 2022, it sounds like everyone hated the joint, even Jake and Tom. It was definitely time for a change.
so making it one game from a GF in 2021 is some of the darkest days? cmon man , and 2022 everything was going ok considering the injuries we had we were on our way before rainbow jersey gate .. thats on Scott Penn he washed his hands of it , and Des was left picking up the scraps lets not sugar coat that.. anyway we will agree to disagree

so making it one game from a GF in 2021 is some of the darkest days? cmon man , and 2022 everything was going ok considering the injuries we had we were on our way before rainbow jersey gate .. thats on Scott Penn he washed his hands of it , and Des was left picking up the scraps lets not sugar coat that.. anyway we will agree to disagree
You’ll see I referenced 2020 and 2022, so not sure why you implicated 2021, which was obviously a nice ride. I never thought we were a shot at the premiership though. Our defence was ordinary.
I’m don’t dislike Des and even love him to an extent but I think the game left him behind around 2017. He did a decent enough job in his second stint, but in those four years, he was never able to get our defence in order. We copped some thrashings.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8