Collingwood supporter pulled out for racist remark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whilst I do believe Eddie's remark was probably more clumsy than sinister, isn't it funny to see him squirm. He's such an arrogant toss at the best of times, good to see him out of his depth and struggling. With any luck he might learn some humility from this whole episode.

voicefromthehill said:
cherry_poppins said:
Eventually time will weed out the racists and Darwin's work will be complete

If that girl commits suicide Goodes should be held personally responsible,I'm sure he's heard much worse, I wish I could be the subject of pathetic racial slurs for the dosh he's pulling

Fool

Dopey dogooder with no sense of reality

Girls her age and size are prone to self harm and she will now be a social lepper for the rest of her life,good work picking on a dumb kid Goodesy you precious princess,her life is ruined over a dumb comment I'd argue she's not old enough to fully grasp yet,but no feel sorry for the highly paid Adam Goodes whose surely shrugged off worse

The real villain was that cracker in the stands,he was disgusting and I hope he never has nor will procreate,but unfortunately there's still a few generations until they are all gone (time will do the ethnic cleansing of racist filth for us,eventually and hopefully do in my racist brothers and sisters too,Yes black people can be racist too)

Eddie seriously don't do that,it ain't smart man......I can see what he was trying to say but in this age,don't talk politics or religion with friends and please Eddie, don't try to be funny whilst being on a broadcast program talking about racism if you ain't black, you'll end up screwing the pooch

Anyway back to the real topic after that tangent

Us blacks put up with racism every day in one form or another,most times its not being picked up by an empty taxi or having overly vigilant security guards or having a racially based nickname, but you know what? I can have a cornrow and look totally awesome,can the racists? Bitch Please,we have perks

Also, Why would an aboriginal abuse an aboriginal? I'm black SER8 you racist (cracker talking **** about a black man is ALWAYS racist,I'm so anti militant ), how dare you accuse me of being racist to my own race,I'm not black Hitler

Sure are some precocious Paul Kents on this site who wouldn't know racism if it slapped them in the face,but your all trying to help right? Don't,we don't need pity for the way your scraps of human filth put us through any longer,we're strong enough to stand up now, well other than Goodesy

Eddy: idiot.

This whole thing: the incident itself but moreover it's afterlife as a major media event is of a particular, sadly predictable kind--the scapegoating: it's those ignorant working class people that are racists, not the system, the constitution (until recently acknowledged), the legacies of the history of eradication, relocation, breeding out, etc of indigenous populations, the continuing racist cultures of some police forces and other bureacracies, not to mention the 'White Australia' policy, etc, etc. So look beyond the media scapegoat of today

From a wider perspective it seems to me to be just more evidence/symptom of the unworked through consequences and bad conscience of mainstream Australian society in regards to the settlement (read: invasion) of White Australia a couple hundred years ago. To me this is a kind of festering sore that we 'Australians' have to deal with properly sooner or later. Leaving it to the media to exploit endlessly is not doing it properly.

It's making the news over here in the UK so it's disseminating around the world as another image of Australia's racist heritage....neither here nor there really in relation to the real core of this, but you can't imagine this ever coming out to the wider world from new zealand, say (of course they aren't without their problems with the legacy of 'settlement' but this kind of media fascination/amplification with racial difference is unimaginable in that context)...

Things are changing I guess and this 'event' and the discussion here registers that too so that's something. As a 13 yr old in the 70s I would have been liable to yell something ignorant like that, and no player would have had the courage to stop and complain as there would have been no expectation it would have been taken seriously.

cherry_poppins said:

If that girl commits suicide Goodes should be held personally responsible,I'm sure he's heard much worse, I wish I could be the subject of pathetic racial slurs for the dosh he's pulling

So it was Goodes that splashed the 13 y.o girls name and photo around the world?

cherry_poppins said:
voicefromthehill said:
cherry_poppins said:

Fool

The real villain was that cracker in the stands,

(time will do the ethnic cleansing of racist filth for us,eventually and hopefully do in my racist brothers and sisters too,Yes black people can be racist too)

I'm black SER8 you racist (cracker talking s**t about a black man is ALWAYS racist,I'm so anti militant ), how dare you accuse me of being racist to my own race,I'm not black Hitler

You should look up irony one day.....I have tried to point it out for you.

Of course we all knew you were black - it's part of the sign up requirements :s

Oh, and I hasten to add, nothing you have said or revealed (mainly rambling nonsensical drivel) would see me resile from my previous position. So just in case you have forgotten what it was - here it is again

FOOL

I'm pleased to hear you are not pro-racist Cherry_Poppins, though I was surprised to learn you identify as black. You have to admit, not many black people say time will heal racism, and not many refer to Darwin's work being completed, at least not in my experience.

In a racist incident you attacked the black man, maybe that also contributed to my confusion.

Anyway, I'm still curious about your views on the girl. Don't you have greater concerns that Aboriginal teenagers continue to self-harm? Suicide rates among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders run at almost 3 times the rate for the rest of the population.

Isn't this part of our country's failure as a paragon of racial equality?

Next time you pop by I'd love to hear more about all your perks, too, that is a fascinating topic in its own right.

Ok, now it's getting to Darwinism & the failures of modern society to be as evolved as it should be by now.

Once this hits the general forum.....................................

Either you think racism needs to stop, or you don't.
It's a simple YES/NO question.

All the rest of the rationalisations, diversions, arguments, etc is meaningless drivel.

Blind Freddy can see which side of the fence the various posters are on.

Ok, now this is in here I guess we can take a broader angle on the issue.

I tend to blame all sides on these issues.

Obviously bigots of all persuasions are just idiots. They need to be publicly humiliated as there is no need for bigoted, redneck behaviour in modern society. I'd go so far as to say that I'm bigoted against bigots. I have zero tolerance for them and see no need for their continuation within our society.

On the other hand, I don't feel that the continual recognition (or "celebration" as the media like to say) of things that make an identity for a minority group help their own cause. We should not be seeing the differences in people. All this does is act as a red flag to the rednecks. Does the gay community really think that holding a massive, televised, in your face demonstration of everything that the rednecks despise really helps them blend in?

There's a book by an anthropologist (can't think of his name) called "guns, germs and steel" that I would recommend to anybody with racist leanings or anybody who just enjoys history. It's virtually impossible to have racist preconceptions if you have read it.

What people need to just accept and move on with is that there is no race. We are all just members of a species of African ape that has spread out and colonised the globe.

Being a white fella or a black fella or gay or straight or female or male does not make you special. Only your own intelligence can make you anything more than someone else.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4