Commentators Love to Hate Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I am constantly getting called out at home by my own family...there is a reason.
During EVERY Manly game, I tend to argue with the comments and bias at every turn against the Seaeagles...almost a form of insanity I know....but I share the truth here on Silvertails. :wait:

Example last night, was the constant chat about the "Broncos being back to their best" and "Milford is Amazing"
To be fair, apart from a close range try and the fact Brisbane dominated field position....Manly were busted and out on their feet with half the team in their 3rd game allowing zero pressure so he could have all the time in the world to get away kicks in the Red zone for tries (Due to the fact they couldn't run the ball in)
Very limited in praising Manly - should have been " This is close to the gutsiest performance ever, already missing their Star players and could be up by 18-0" is what I would have expected by a neutral observer.
There was in fact 1 in the box late in the game who was along the lines of "you Manly fans out there should be proud, the side is like a pack of lions who never lay down".....Obviously this was once the game was shot.

Maybe its a good thing as these are generally signs Manly are on the Up.....I have always believed the ONLY time the footy fans and media go easy on Manly is when they are NOT a threat....so in a sick way - I really like it !! >:)

The bias against us has been around for years , just part of the “ no one likes us but we don’t care” deal.

And it’s never going to change because we aren’t the media darlings, never have been, never will be.

I am constantly getting called out at home by my own family...there is a reason.
During EVERY Manly game, I tend to argue with the comments and bias at every turn against the Seaeagles...almost a form of insanity I know....but I share the truth here on Silvertails. :wait:

Example last night, was the constant chat about the "Broncos being back to their best" and "Milford is Amazing"
To be fair, apart from a close range try and the fact Brisbane dominated field position....Manly were busted and out on their feet with half the team in their 3rd game allowing zero pressure so he could have all the time in the world to get away kicks in the Red zone for tries (Due to the fact they couldn't run the ball in)
Very limited in praising Manly - should have been " This is close to the gutsiest performance ever, already missing their Star players and could be up by 18-0" is what I would have expected by a neutral observer.
There was in fact 1 in the box late in the game who was along the lines of "you Manly fans out there should be proud, the side is like a pack of lions who never lay down".....Obviously this was once the game was shot.

Maybe its a good thing as these are generally signs Manly are on the Up.....I have always believed the ONLY time the footy fans and media go easy on Manly is when they are NOT a threat....so in a sick way - I really like it !! >:)
Agreed totally and I said the same thing this morning. The Broncos are far far from being back and wont make the 8. With some luck - and if Suli wasn't injured we would have won that game. No doubt in my mind. The Courier Mail up here in Brisvegas is all aglow about the Broncos resurgence.

All fans of every team believe that everyone and everything is against them when they lose. Most commentators, media reps etc were singing our praises before last night. It's the very nature of sports commentators to talk up the winning side. Refs have an ability to get shirty with ceretain players...and therfore the team they play for suffers. The sooner we get non biased robots to ref games and laser beam technology to rule off side/forward passes etc...the better. Maybe bots would make better journos as well. Keep all emotion out of footy and watch it improve. #waynebennett

lol

Gus also suggested on two occasions that one of our boys should go to the bin, whereas the broncos were head wrestling and face mashing our guys every tackle.
Lodge must had said something that grated Marty. He rarely gets that heated up and then packed down in the second row to avoid taking the thug's head off.

Gus also suggested on two occasions that one of our boys should go to the bin, whereas the broncos were head wrestling and face mashing our guys every tackle.
Lodge must had said something that grated Marty. He rarely gets that heated up and then packed down in the second row to avoid taking the thug's head off.

The head wrestling and face mashing didn't work all night for the broncos. Boyd learnt that neither trying to use his head to wrestle...or face to mash Gosiewski was a good idea. lol

That was a ripper of a try and showed tremendous determination. He was not going to be stopped!

Does anyone on this site actually think any of commentators or reporters are any good? No? At the end of the day they are like politicians - a waste of oxygen!

I agree.

I couldn't believe the love in for Milford. While he had a better game than usual, it was hardly a masterclass and back to his brilliant best! @:rolleyes:

The bit that got me riled up (amongst many others) was when Milford put up a towering bomb and Garrick caught it, broke a tackle and ran another 10 metres or so. It was a great take as Elliott was coming for the ball also, Brisbane players bearing down on him and it went high in the air. All those idiots on fox did was go on about what a great kick it was and Milford this and that....and then went on to say how the ball "fell into Garricks arms"

It was a great take under pressure and then he made ground. It wasn't until they replayed it that they then said it was a great take. They almost forgot about that part. That was Ennis from memory.

There was definately a love fest towards Brisbane last night with only a small mention of Manly's great effort towards the end.

I like fox commentators much more than channel 9's but they were totally biased last night.:swear:

I pretty much agree with all or most of the previous comments but to be fair Braith Anasta was trying , while heavily outnumbered to point out how well we were doing for a team with so many guns injured or unavailable

One of the Bronco's tries came off their #7 being tackled but allowed to pass off the ground :confused:

All 3 Fox called it off the ground.
One said I'd like to see the replay of that as it was clearly off the ground - no replay of that stanza was shown :mad:
Yeah that looked sus ... I recorded it, I'll have a look but I really only want to watch the first 30 mins.

OK .... I have nothing if not a big pair .... so at the risk of sounding sexist or whatever that other missygonginist word is ....

Ever since these damn shielas have wormed their perfumed way into commentary positions ... with heavy breathe and gushing hyper-bola .... every player they interview is a superstar.... every game played is a once in a generational experience ..... every play is the best there has ever been .....

... I am sure last night one of the players made the most tackles ever made and had the greatest running metres of any forward since .... last week ...

One of the Bronco's tries came off their #7 being tackled but allowed to pass off the ground :confused:

All 3 Fox called it off the ground.
One said I'd like to see the replay of that as it was clearly off the ground - no replay of that stanza was shown :mad:

I was screaming at the tv as well....couldn't believe they'd let something so blatant go.

I knew when we got the early penalties 6-2 that they'd have to go lenient on them the rest of the match. I don't know how many times Brisbane tacklers just happened to get their legs accidentally caught in our players to slow the play the ball down....at one point a brisbane tackler was lying on Joel Thompsons leg and he couldn't get up and the ref called milking! WTF? Plus all the crap in the tackles, around the head which has already been pointed out.....they certainly got away with lots after the initial penalties were given.

In saying that, the refs didn't decide the game and we were brave in defeat. It got to the point with 22 mins to go, i was wishing the clock tick faster as we were going down like flies and the guys were out on their feet.

We've got a gutsy bunch of guys playing for us now. I was a very proud supporter last night.

OK .... I have nothing if not a big pair .... so at the risk of sounding sexist or whatever that other missygonginist word is ....

Ever since these damn shielas have wormed their perfumed way into commentary positions ... with heavy breathe and gushing hyper-bola .... every player they interview is a superstar.... every game played is a once in a generational experience ..... every play is the best there has ever been .....

... I am sure last night one of the players made the most tackles ever made and had the greatest running metres of any forward since .... last week ...
Just watched the extended highlights which has the Nein commentary. That sheila was Gus :sick:

Yeah that looked sus ... I recorded it, I'll have a look but I really only want to watch the first 30 mins.
I deleted all evidence from last night :giggle: but seem to recall Broncos left to right running

1:19 to go, their #9 passes off the ground, called by Voss/Ennis.
They force a drop out due to Manly not earning that penalty :swear:

1:175 was the arm with ball on ground but the pause increments are too long to capture at that point
20190511_113403.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11