Commentators Love to Hate Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
OK .... I have nothing if not a big pair .... so at the risk of sounding sexist or whatever that other missygonginist word is ....

Ever since these damn shielas have wormed their perfumed way into commentary positions ... with heavy breathe and gushing hyper-bola .... every player they interview is a superstar.... every game played is a once in a generational experience ..... every play is the best there has ever been .....

... I am sure last night one of the players made the most tackles ever made and had the greatest running metres of any forward since .... last week ...

On the flip side...Voss and Ennis annoy me when commentating together. With their never ending drivel and competition to see who can come up with the most blokey/aussie slang and supperlatives. They're like two dimwits that have just figured out how to use a thesaurus.

All fans of every team believe that everyone and everything is against them when they lose. Most commentators, media reps etc were singing our praises before last night. It's the very nature of sports commentators to talk up the winning side. Refs have an ability to get shirty with ceretain players...and therfore the team they play for suffers. The sooner we get non biased robots to ref games and laser beam technology to rule off side/forward passes etc...the better. Maybe bots would make better journos as well. Keep all emotion out of footy and watch it improve. #waynebennett

lol
I find that Voss in particular gets off on bagging us particularly when we're behind in matches, he death rides us and talks up the opposition every time, my missus reckons he brings out the worst in me, and on reflection I can only agree

I find that Voss in particular gets off on bagging us particularly when we're behind in matches, he death rides us and talks up the opposition every time, my missus reckons he brings out the worst in me, and on reflection I can only agree

He does the same to me. I don't understand how a bloke with a chin that big is so mouthy. He'd have permanent knuckle indentations on his chin if he grew up in CQ. Another thing he has in common with Ennis.

#chinbros

lol

OK .... I have nothing if not a big pair .... so at the risk of sounding sexist or whatever that other missygonginist word is ....

Ever since these damn shielas have wormed their perfumed way into commentary positions ... with heavy breathe and gushing hyper-bola .... every player they interview is a superstar.... every game played is a once in a generational experience ..... every play is the best there has ever been .....

... I am sure last night one of the players made the most tackles ever made and had the greatest running metres of any forward since .... last week ...

Well Woodsie, females do fake it ya know some are just better at it and not so obvious :wait:

The trouble is that their network has committed to airing the broncos games pretty much every week and has manipulated the draw to do so. As such they need the broncos to be doing well if they are going to maximise ratings. No one will tune in when their seasons over and they are playing another poorly performing team, unless channel 9 can somehow make a story out of it.

Like many have once Suli and Parker left the field thats when the Donkeys scored a try and the game changed. Donkeys played majority of the game down the right edge with alot of effect and in the end injuries finally caught up to us but Manly keep on trying until the end.

If AFB, DCE, Walker and Turbo played we would have won that one comfortably.

Commentators never worry me during a game, I get more fired up over the on field stuff from Refs or the lack of replays when the opposition has a contentious decisions and the over kill replays when we do.
I just mute the telly, and the voice in my head takes over the commentary, better Manly balanced and focused less drivel and much much more colourful, but then the wife is also threatening a padded room:think:.

You have and forgive me for not doing my research. I might have come up with a more pertinent response.

In regards to pertinence and your question about western civilisation.....no......I don't think homosexuality will lead to the downfall of western society. It may have been a common factor in other civilisations like the Hellinsitic, Macedonian, Greek or Romans (as most bigots like to point out)......but I don't believe it was the determining cause of their demise either.

Give any civilisation/empire enough time and it will fall.

They stack the commentary teams with people on the Donkeys pay roll, the snivelling commentary always slanted in their favour makes turning down the sound a good option when watching your team play. That is what I did last night after sampling the biased and unfair commentary on both Fox and Nine.

I like vossy hes the best commentator when he has brandy by his side. I find warren smith gets particularly jubilant when we are losing and are behind...

For example ( imagine his voice )

And now Manly! have knocked on. Again! (Chuckles maniacally)

I listened to both Fox and the Triple M app. I didn't think the issue was hating Manly however what I saw as the issue was as follows;

Triple M app - Ben Dobbin and Ben Hannant know even less about NSW rugby league teams than Queensland teams. Their knowledge of the Manly team began and ended with the phrase "Des = Mad Professor". Really outstanding stuff.

Fox - News Limited own the Brisbane Broncos and needed to talk them up, no owner wants their investment doing poorly. There is also no way they haven't used the allure of a cushy post-footy commentary gig to manage the cap for ex-players (Hodges and Parker are awful). There were positives in Brisbane's game but not putting the game to bed until the last five minutes against an exhausted team with $3M of salary cap on the sidelines and no bench is not covering yourself in glory.

Last edited:
You’re taking it into areas I wasn’t heading in. I was merely talking about those biscuits! Sorry for any confusion.

Please....your confusion doesn't upset me at all. (Hahaha...that's just a joke, mate) But....this is the silvertails footy forum isn't it?? Oh good....then this is the right place for keeping the pot bubbling.

FYI - "Pot bubbling" is not a bong reference. Lol!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12