Concussion study

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting read. Sweedes play contact sport?
Alexander Gustafsson took Jon Jones 5 rounds and almost beat him.

Chin is a legit thing that isn't factored in here. They need to study concussions obviously and the effects, but they also need to understand the genetics or whatever behind why some people can take a battering and hold up and why others get tapped and it's lights out.

About a million (not quite) reports have been done on the NHL (hockey) showing that the fighting and other acts leads to cte and a study done on 87 nfl players show it as well.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...-nfl-players-test-positive-for-brain-disease/

But the NHL has a todd greenburg as well....his name is gary bettmann and is about the only guy still running around, fingers in ears going "la la la la there's no proof...there's no proooof!"

So maybe the nrl will be different (ah hahahahahahaha) but when those at the top deny everything not many changes will happen.

I copped a lot of pretty heavy knocks over the years, and have suffered as a result. See it was all about being hard: it doesn't matter if you're seeing two or three of them you do not show you're hurt.

I had to get retinas re-attached in both eyes, I had to teach myself how to write again and have had pretty severe depression issues since I quit playing in my mid 20's. Short term memory is still bloody average (I have to note stuff down or I forget everything) and that's not including the knee rebuilds and other physical damage I'm carrying.. It's the head stuff that really worries me at time though.

If I could go back, would I change anything?

Probably not. But I recognize the damage that I've done..

I've watched that movie "Concussion" twice (Will Smith...bloody brilliant!).
I kept thinking of all the head injuries that were just par for the course when I played (70's&80's). It was a real eye-opener.
Where it goes from here I don't know. But something's need to change.

I copped a lot of pretty heavy knocks over the years, and have suffered as a result. See it was all about being hard: it doesn't matter if you're seeing two or three of them you do not show you're hurt.

I had to get retinas re-attached in both eyes, I had to teach myself how to write again and have had pretty severe depression issues since I quit playing in my mid 20's. Short term memory is still bloody average (I have to note stuff down or I forget everything) and that's not including the knee rebuilds and other physical damage I'm carrying.. It's the head stuff that really worries me at time though.

If I could go back, would I change anything?

Probably not. But I recognize the damage that I've done..
Sorry to hear about all that. I appreciate your wit on this site.

Sorry to hear about all that. I appreciate your wit on this site.
It can be extremely tough at times to be honest. I quit playing because I'd got to a point where I simply wasn't feeling big hits: everyone thought I could take anything dished out but all it was to me was a loud noise, a white flash and no pain. Then I found myself forgetting which team we'd just played and my hand eye coordination went south as well...

Figured it was a good time to stop lol... That and having some sciatica dramas which was too persistent to live with..

It can be extremely tough at times to be honest. I quit playing because I'd got to a point where I simply wasn't feeling big hits: everyone thought I could take anything dished out but all it was to me was a loud noise, a white flash and no pain. Then I found myself forgetting which team we'd just played and my hand eye coordination went south as well...

Figured it was a good time to stop lol... That and having some sciatica dramas which was too persistent to live with..

bloody hell. You need to get one of those them thar 3D printers and knock out a few new parts!!!!

!!!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8