Congratulations Tony Williams on a good season.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If I remember correctly, Lyon played several games at 5/8 last year and so was not always wolfman's centre partner. That could explain some of it.

Also, let's not overlook the fact that Tony played 25 games for 15 tries, while David played 18 games for 11 tries. According to my maths, that gives T-Rex a strike rate of 0.6 tries per game and the wolfman 0.61. Just a little more ahead, but keep in mind that Lyon was not always just inside him in '09.

Next!

Frogz link said:
He was a winger at parra...why did we but a 18 year old \"powerhouse' to replace beaver...what a load of crap.

He was actually a centre when we brought him, made the Toyota Cup team of the year in that position. I don't know if we got him to replace Beaver, but he was certainly signed to be a forward

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=185289.msg293829#msg293829 date=1284285733]
He was a winger at parra...why did we but a 18 year old \"powerhouse' to replace beaver...what a load of crap.

He was actually a centre when we brought him, made the Toyota Cup team of the year in that position. I don't know if we got him to replace Beaver, but he was certainly signed to be a forward
[/quote]

Still looks like he plays NYC.. Turnstile.

codewana link said:
If I remember correctly, Lyon played several games at 5/8 last year and so was not always wolfman's centre partner. That could explain some of it.

Also, let's not overlook the fact that Tony played 25 games for 15 tries, while David played 18 games for 11 tries. According to my maths, that gives T-Rex a strike rate of 0.6 tries per game and the wolfman 0.61. Just a little more ahead, but keep in mind that Lyon was not always just inside him in '09.

Next!

That was what I was about to say.

Sure some of the tries T Rex scored Wlfman prbably wouldnt have. But dont forget the amount the TREX butchered after being set up where Wolfman would have scored a lot of them

The centre inside always has an effect on a wingers try scoring ability.

Have a look at Robbo. He barely crossed the line this year with Matai next to him, as Matai held the ball more this year and was run out of room a lot by the plays anyway.

Lyon creates space and creates things to get fifi away. Sure Fifi still has work to do but most wingers could finish those sets off

codewana link said:

Next!

Source for those stats?

Pretty sad when you have to fudge the figures, eh?

MPC link said:
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=185289.msg293817#msg293817 date=1284285378]
Gualavo is 88 years old...this guy is a kid.....

A kid that is playing out of position? He was brought to Manly to fill beavers role. He has yet to play a game in his intended position.
[/quote]

If he was signed as a backrower, surely he would have got a few games in there this season? Des has 1 position for him only, and thats as a winger.

Rex
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/manly/manly2009_sc.html

they are not "made up" stats.
Rleague keep all these records every year for every team. They are a great source of facts. Hard to argue with that point now hey?

Rex link said:
[quote author=codewana link=topic=185289.msg293834#msg293834 date=1284285879]

Next!

Source for those stats?

Pretty sad when you have to fudge the figures, eh?
[/quote]

I'm so excited to see you eat your words after you read this:
http://www.rleague.com//db/player/w/williams_tony/index.php
Scroll about halfway down and you'll find his stats for 2010 read:
"25 games; 16 tries, 0/1 goals, 64 points."
I'd also like to point out that the missed goal attempt was from right in front of the posts - remember that game?

NOTE: I realise that I had quoted 15 tries instead of 16 - don't know how that happened, but it really doesn't change all that much.

Now for David Williams' stats:
http://www.rleague.com//db/player/w/williams_david/index.php
Again, scroll down to 2009 NRL Premiership
"18 games; 11 tries, 44 points."

Now for the maths - try to keep up Rex, I'll keep it simple for you.

Tony Williams' tries per game:
What we do here is divide the number of tries T-Rex scored by the number of games he played this season. In this case it looks like 16/25. This is equal to 0.64 (not 0.6 as I had previously quoted - again, my bad, but the point remains the valid).

Now David Williams' tries per game from 2009:
11/18 = 0.61

Now, even with the revised figures, there is still only a disparity of 0.03 tries per game (for those playing at home, that's 0.12 points per game).

Keep in mind, Lyon wasn't in the centre position all of last season which would suggest Wolfman had to create the opportunities more frequently on his own. Aso I'm also not sure Tony's game this afternoon has been added to the tally. If it hasn't, his stats drop.

Do you see how that works Rex?

Did he miss a game this season? If he didn't that should be 27 games, and figures drop lower.

With that said one thing we do need to remember is that Lyon missed big chinks of this season and last season with junjury and origin.

It would take a bit of research but I wonder if we could find stats on tries scored with Lyon in centre or at least when he was on the field

Well, Uate scored 21 tries this season.. And he didn't play outside the 2010 Dally M Centre Of The Year.

Can you imagine Uate playing outside Lyon?! Unstoppable!

Uate's a BEAST!

Dan link said:
Did he miss a game this season? If he didn't that should be 27 games, and figures drop lower.

With that said one thing we do need to remember is that Lyon missed big chinks of this season and last season with junjury and origin.

It would take a bit of research but I wonder if we could find stats on tries scored with Lyon in centre or at least when he was on the field

How racist.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8