Contact Warringah Council Directly [Link Inside]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who will win the battle of the Brookie fees?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Warringah Council

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • FOLLOW LINK on 1st page of THIS THREAD to TELL COUNCIL YOUR VIEW!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Unfortunately mate, I think your going to be disappointed in the coming years.

Agreed. But my feelings on the matter won't change what the club does or how I react to it. I've left them before when they treated our history with contempt and I'll do it again.
You don't screw people over and expect them to thank you.

It's risky if not enough people can make it.
It wont change their minds. There's been discussion going on for years and it's got us nowhere.
We need someone who has the facts to get onside with someone at the Daily and run a media campaign. Maybe one of the FC guys would be best placed.

This has been done before if my memory serves me correctly.
Maybe 6 - 7 years ago?

What makes you think things will improve under a new greater Manly council? There is no evidence to suggest they will be any better. You will still get former Warringah councillors finding their way onto the new council (if it comes to pass), representing the same one-note minority interests (read Nimby and not necessarily amenable to the MWSE at Brookvale etc), that occurs now.

Throw in councillors representing that noted hotbed of Sea Eagles' support, aka the rump of Mosman municipality, and you may have an even more fraught situation than we have now.

May I suggest Friday 4th March, say around 7.30pm to give those with jobs a chance to get there. I'm in.
This is the strongest strategy by far because it highlights the demand for a stadium in the area and the support for Manly to remain in the area. We need the Dogs match to go ahead at Brookie and we need a full house - which is on the cards after the off-season we have had.

The council hold all the cards. The only way they will take notice will be if there is any rally at the Dee Why HQ of the council, maybe a walk that starts from Brookvale oval and finishes at the council, could be an idea.

The council are holding the club to ransom and its time that the rate payers of Warringah got out there and showed their disapproval of the councils actions towards the club

... The only way they will take notice will be if there is any rally at the Dee Why HQ of the council, maybe a walk that starts from Brookvale oval and finishes at the council, could be an idea...
And you base this assertion on...? Please list the protest rallies that have won victories against local councils.

Michael Reagan is not a bad bloke and goes regularly to games at brookie which makes me think that this is all part of the NRL's and Penns bigger plan to move us from Brookie

There is a lot of misinformation being spread, and I'm confused.
If, as the club says, it is prepared to pay for and undertake the upkeep of the Oval, then the Council's claim that it costs $600,000 in maintenance is irrelevant. Why wouldn't Council agree to this (thus, saving $600,000 per year) in return for accepting a lower rental fee?

Does everyone really believe they are being told the whole story from the club? It's all smoke and mirrors. Kelly and Bare will soon be exposed. I love Brookvale Oval but it's not in the clubs game plan. Don't let all those stories fool you. $$ wise makes sense (cents!) to move. The fallout will be losing lots of loyal fans but they have long term plans in place and the reality is they will pick up new fans and the club will go on, leaving anyone that doesn't want to stay on board behind. That is a sad reality. Kelly's comment 'when he first entered the doors 'want to turn the club into world class standard' means just that. All the stuff they are saying in the papers is a PR coverup so they come out looking good - they will move from Brookvale in a heartbeat.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
What makes you think things will improve under a new greater Manly council? There is no evidence to suggest they will be any better. You will still get former Warringah councillors finding their way onto the new council (if it comes to pass), representing the same one-note minority interests (read Nimby and not necessarily amenable to the MWSE at Brookvale etc), that occurs now.

Throw in councillors representing that noted hotbed of Sea Eagles' support, aka the rump of Mosman municipality, and you may have an even more fraught situation than we have now.
All the Councils are the same bunch of dicks driven by ego and power and long lunches

The best way is to register and have your say at the monthly meetings. Everyone gets a minimum time to speak (5 minutes from memory) so if enough people do this you effectively shut council down until they do something.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8