Cooper Cronk off to Sydney- Big 3 is no more!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cooper leaving storm at years end to come and live in Sydney with his partner Tara Rushton ( fox sports reporter).

Question is which Sydney club will get his services, most Sydney clubs will make a play for his services

Probably the roosters, dogs and parra are leading contenders

Last edited:
So, who is he playing for next year? Surely the Roosters will be in the mix, Parra, St George? How much will they pay? Interesting times.

You would think most Sydney teams will try and sign him up. If he was cheap he would be worth buying but will probably earn well over $1,000,000 a season.

I hope Manly don't sign him up for the money he will be offered, we are building a nice team and he would have 2-3 years at most left after this season.
My tip is he will end up at the Roosters or maybe the Dogs.

Last edited:
A link:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...7/news-story/0788127ec913a3bb9cf705925cf7a02d

COOPER Cronk will send Sydney clubs into meltdown by sensationally announcing he will move to the Harbour City in 2018, ending his 14-year career at the Storm.
Just last year Cronk inked a $2 million, two-year deal to commit his entire career to Melbourne, but with a release granted by the only club he has ever known the player market has just been turned on its head.

Newcastle?
part of the NRL trying to make the club viable, wouldn't put it past them to reduce his fee under the salary cap to make the club saleable

This may cause some player merry-go rounds as clubs try to fit players in.

Squeels, Souths and Dogs would be an options for sure, although they prob need to move some players to fit him in. Dogs and Squeels you would think are very keen on him as they have made it known they want a new half.

Dragoons just dropped 1M on Hunt, so cant see them dropping another 1M on him.

Tigpies are desperate for a re-build, and cronk could be crucial to that. However they will lose 1-2 of their 'big 4' if they want him. As we know the tigpies are tight on cap.

Manly, Chooks and the 'Riff are out. All 3 have working combos in the halves and cant see them wanting Cronk for 1-2 years. Plus the riff have basically signed their 2018 roster anyway, and could be tight on cap if the cap falls short of the planned $9M.

Green to storm, Cronk to manly using b Stewart's money? That would be nice. Dce 5/8 Cronk half. Which ever club sign him will probably only need to spend 700-850k as fox sports will be covering some through 3rd party deals
I think the tight bond that the team have formed with each other is crucial to our success. Green has been getting along well with DCE. Whilst it would be nice, I don't think we need him to win the premiership.

Would the Storm go for Foran.
Only an hour from Sydney so close to his family and less media attention.

You would think most Sydney teams will try and sign him up. If he was cheap he would be worth buying but will probably earn well over $1,000,000 a season.

I hope Manly don't sign him up for the money he will be offered, we are building a nice team and he would have 2-3 years at most left after this season.
My tip is he will end up at the Roosters or maybe the Dogs.
With Des just getting the 2 yr extension I reckon he'd end up with Dogs. Roosters have Pearce and Keary...Surely that's enuff lol

Wow, what a spanner in the works for Foran.

Cronk will be no.1 half now although he's only got 2 years at the most.

Brooks and Moses as well.

Tigers would live Cronk but doubt they'd have the money as they'll want at least 3 of their 4 signed. Brooks expendable as far as I can see.

If Cronk ends up at dogs, can't see Foran going there.

I think Parra will be the big movers for him.

Not only on the field for them but he will help with their image off the field.

Parra premiership favs in 2018? I think I'll back them if he ends up there.

if he moves to dogs that could be a worry... all they need is a gun half to make use of their forwards and they're off.
fortunately, it seems you have to be a type of player to be at the dogs... and i just don't feel like he'll go there.
my tip is 7 at souths and reynolds goes to 6 due to his close relationship with madge who was at storm. however, both of them are similar players in regards to organisation, kicking game and both don't rely on a strong running game.. so not sure how itd work as a combo

if he moves to dogs that could be a worry... all they need is a gun half to make use of their forwards and they're off.
fortunately, it seems you have to be a type of player to be at the dogs... and i just don't feel like he'll go there.
my tip is 7 at souths and reynolds goes to 6 due to his close relationship with madge who was at storm. however, both of them are similar players in regards to organisation, kicking game and both don't rely on a strong running game.. so not sure how itd work as a combo
Souths have Cody Walker who has been working well with Reynolds. Don't think they'll go too hard for Cronk.

I reckon he'll end up with the Eels, Dogs or the (salary cap) Rorters. The team with the most brown paper bags will sign Cronk. And no, Norman's brown paper bags don't count.

Media will pay him as much as getting bashed up every week.

My money is on his retiring @:cool:
That's been the vibe for a while that he'll retire.
I think he'd be the sort of bloke to play a year short than a year too long.
But strangely he hasn't asked for any advice from me so I'll leave it to him.....
I'm there if he.needs to chat..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12