Corey returns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This club is so backwards...
I'm speechless..
And I can't deal anymore..
Honestly
Never would have occurred to me so to sign him, but... players who are tough and work hard,sometimes get somewhere, eventually.

Scott Sorensen is nearly 31 and was a very average worker bee for years at Sharks - he's played 84 reserve grade games!! Joined penrith and now he's a multiple premiership winner.
Dean Matterson at Manly another example, no-name who kept pounding away and now has a chance to do more.
It happens at times. This one might work, but if not we've lost very little. Probably not good news for the likes of Boyle and Woods, I'd guess he is going for that depth replacement role.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In the article on the website Seibs is quoted saying "He adds a different sort of dimension to the midfle forwards that we have already got" to me that says we are viewing him for the middle.
Yep. We've had too many giant forwards, not enough of the workers. If we are going to squeeze Schu into the pack somehow we will definitely need more workers and less giants, seems to the way we are going.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
We have a number of spots left in our top 30, seemingly very little cap space remaining and there are hardly a lot of quality off contract players left on the market, the outrage here is a bit overboard

Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge Waddell fan (rated him highly early in his first season for us but he was pretty trash afterwards, particularly after signing with the Dogs) but as far as bottom dollar depth signings go he isn't that bad. He's definitely much better when playing in the middle and his stats at the Dogs this year didn't stack up too bad, ran for more metres per game than Aloiai, Keppie, Woods, Tuilagi and his future brother in law..

Phobia

In the article on the website Seibs is quoted saying "He adds a different sort of dimension to the midfle forwards that we have already got" to me that says we are viewing him for the middle.
“We feel like Corey adds further competition for spots and depth to our squad in 2024.”

Undoubtedly he won't be a first choice member of the 17. But he does put pressure on those above him at the very least. Given someone here said that Kelma was paid something like 500-600k for three years, if Corey's on low coin this will be a decent swap.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In the article on the website Seibs is quoted saying "He adds a different sort of dimension to the middle forwards that we have already got" to me that says we are viewing him for the middle.
yeah for years we have had a pack of planks that lack a bit of mobility and lateral coverage.so dessie . i quite liked him initially at manly but the pack needed more of everything so he was part of an underwhelming era overall .

im not quite sure what to say. if i was sure, im not sure if it should be said but he is here so .

probably better than condon, and in a year where the dogs axed everyone and dropped to reggies even more he had a fair showing. not as robust as cotter but kind of in the same mould

anyway change is good

Signing him doesnt make me wish we kept keppie. Thats a goodish sign

Ben

Bencher
“We feel like Corey adds further competition for spots and depth to our squad in 2024.”

Undoubtedly he won't be a first choice member of the 17. But he does put pressure on those above him at the very least. Given someone here said that Kelma was paid something like 500-600k for three years, if Corey's on low coin this will be a decent swap.
Keppie is on 500k per season and I’m pretty sure Kelma is on 300k per season. Hopefully we are paying him no more than Kelmas 300k that has been freed up.

Pete W

Bencher
08 PASEKA 10 TRBOJEVIC
15 LODGE 16 BULLEMOR 17 ALOIAI
[18 SIPLEY, 22 JAMES, 26 WADDELL]

11 OLA'AKAUTU 12 TRBOJEVIC
13 SCHUSTER
[20 PARKER, 23 MATTERSON,
27 LAWTON]
06 BROOKS 07 CHERRY-EVANS
09 CROKER 14 CHAN KUM TONG
[19 ARTHUR, 24 HUMPHREYS]

01 TRBOJEVIC 02 SAAB 05 FAULALO***
03 GARRICK 04 KOULA
[21 TUIPULOTU, 25 PAULO, 28 TALAU,
29 VAEGA]

30:
?*** / Condon / Fulton

double hoops

First Grader
Blacktown still have Faulalo profile up on their website. May mean zilch, but they seemed to have removed all Manly contracted players and others that signed for other NSW cup teams. So it may suggest Faulalo dosen't currently have a top 30 spot.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12