Corey returns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The sky is falling everyone, we've signed a depth forward and now we are chasing a guy who just one year ago was one of the best forwards in the team playing in the grand final.

We should be investing in 18 year olds nobody has ever heard of! What are these idiots from recruiting doing?

And one of our players has just had surgery at the end of the season and is using the several months before next season to recover?!? Who has ever heard of such things?

eaglebuzz

Bencher
All the dog fans I know were very pleased to see the back of him.
He was tolerable when he played for us. Not someone I'd want in the starting 17 but if you're hit by injuries and need someone who can hack it in First Grade to step up, you can do a lot worse than Waddell.

I see him as an alternative to Woods, not an alternative to Tuilagi.

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
The sky is falling everyone, we've signed a depth forward and now we are chasing a guy who just one year ago was one of the best forwards in the team playing in the grand final.

We should be investing in 18 year olds nobody has ever heard of! What are these idiots from recruiting doing?

And one of our players has just had surgery at the end of the season and is using the several months before next season to recover?!? Who has ever heard of such things?
I think @Ryan is right on this one. We look to be headed into next season with soft middles. It appears very concerning we are signing the likes of Waddell…

LeonardCohen

Bencher

You know he was called in for that one game after a three month banishment to NSW Cup and the club publicly looking to offload him?

Hardly one of the best forwards in GF team…he had a shocker in the game as well and the media came out and criticised Arthur’s decision to reinstate him after such a long lay off.

JenEagle

Bencher
I don’t want to bag anyone who plays first grade as it is a privilege and extremely difficult to make it that far however I watched a lot of dogs games over the last two years and this is a very concerning signing in my opinion.

CRPSI eagle

Reserve Grader
Jeez, Dogs fans all over social media are giving it to us ! Even on Manly's official Twitter, a dogs fan goes, "Thank fck he's gone".

I guess someone has to own the laughing stock title.

And why do people need to confer with Jake or Tom about anything? Like Des being let go? Who the hell are they, and what have they achieved at Manly ? Many, many mediocre performances and season results.
100%, glad it’s just me thinking the same.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Just for some perspective there are plenty on the Kennel upset they let him go. A lot saying he was their best player last year.
That's what I read about Waddell also, on the times that I visited the Kennel site and when I needed a laugh after a Manly loss.

The Kennel wanted to burn Burton at the stake last season
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Ryan

Journey Man

The point being (which you CLEARLY missed) is it's yet another forward returning from long term rehabilitation.

Lodge, Aloiai, Paseka, Croker, Lawton all coming back from long term injury doesn't ring a bell with you? On top of Schuster needing re-tuning. (These are just forwards - not including guys like Tom, Tuipulotu & Reuben not finishing the season).

We then add Waddell (who is fringe at best), and Brown (who's always dropped, or suspended).

Anyways, when I claimed 12th - 15th at the start of last season, you ridiculed me, and advertised that you thought I was markedly negative blah, blah, blah ... and guess what......surprise, surprise. Here we are

Ryan

Journey Man
Yeah and still managed to win back to back spoons.
And what's your point? We've just finished 12th, and won just 40 something percent of our games...

Here is who you expect to magically bridge the gap between us / Brisbane / Penrith etc: Paulo, Talau, Waddell, Brown, Brooks.

We are getting pumped next season with our forwards. There's no mobility, uptempo energy, speed, explosiveness or intensity. That, and the plonkers we DO have are coming back from long term injuries (decent portion of them) including now our starting Hooker ! Think he's going to be doing arm curls between now and when training returns? Maybe you don't get that.

You got what you deserved last season. You're going to get exactly the same again next. Don't get me wrong, there will be some decent games. But we are a mid roster, a mid team, with mid expectations. 12th - 15th.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I don’t want to bag anyone who plays first grade as it is a privilege and extremely difficult to make it that far however I watched a lot of dogs games over the last two years and this is a very concerning signing in my opinion.
The Corey Waddell Perspective ....
At 27 years of age the 5 season experienced NRL player can only secure a one year contract and for the club that his brother in law plays in

The Bagging players Perspective ...
You dont bag the players
You bag the people at the club that recruit those players and fail to live up top their clubs high expectations in the NRL results driven business

We all live and die with the choices we make

2023 NRL ladder​

Pos.ClubWDLF/APoints
1st
panthers.png
Penrith Panthers180633342
2nd
brisbane-broncos.png
Brisbane Broncos180621442
3rd
storm.png
Melbourne Storm160816838
4th
warriors.png
New Zealand Warriors160812438
5th
knights.png
Newcastle Knights141917535
6th
sharks.png
Cronulla Sharks1401012232
7th
roosters.png
Sydney Roosters13011-2432
8th
raiders.png
Canberra Raiders13011-13732
9th
rabbitohs.png
South Sydney Rabbitohs120125930
10th
eels.png
Parramatta Eels120121330
11th
cowboys.png
North Queensland Cowboys12012430
12th
sea-eagles.png
MESTROV/ SEIBOLD Sea Eagles11112629

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
They will be saying the same thing about Burton, Addo Carr, Kikau soon if they don't start winning some premierships.
Like any good Manly fan I hope you are right! and Waddell turns out to be a good budget buy.! In the few games I watched the bulldogs play last year I did remember him missing a few key tackles here and there. Hopefully the team is doing so well he plays most of his next season at Blacktown..

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Now we are apparently signing woods but at least not in our top 30.
Anyway hopefully Waddell will be his brother in arms securing the workers first premiership.
Nothing against these guys or any players for that matter personally but they are not the kind players imo that will bring you a FG premiership even as trusty plodders….

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16