Corey returns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
The Corey Waddell Perspective ....
At 27 years of age the 5 season experienced NRL player can only secure a one year contract and for the club that his brother in law plays in

The Bagging players Perspective ...
You dont bag the players
You bag the people at the club that recruit those players and fail to live up top their clubs high expectations in the NRL results driven business

We all live and die with the choices we make

2023 NRL ladder​

Pos.ClubWDLF/APoints
1st
panthers.png
Penrith Panthers180633342
2nd
brisbane-broncos.png
Brisbane Broncos180621442
3rd
storm.png
Melbourne Storm160816838
4th
warriors.png
New Zealand Warriors160812438
5th
knights.png
Newcastle Knights141917535
6th
sharks.png
Cronulla Sharks1401012232
7th
roosters.png
Sydney Roosters13011-2432
8th
raiders.png
Canberra Raiders13011-13732
9th
rabbitohs.png
South Sydney Rabbitohs120125930
10th
eels.png
Parramatta Eels120121330
11th
cowboys.png
North Queensland Cowboys12012430
12th
sea-eagles.png
MESTROV/ SEIBOLD Sea Eagles11112629
Next year will be the year that both mestrov and seibold’s tenure will be judged… the results will do all the talking. Let’s hope they are they are the kind of results that make silvertails very happy.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The point being (which you CLEARLY missed) is it's yet another forward returning from long term rehabilitation.

Lodge, Aloiai, Paseka, Croker, Lawton all coming back from long term injury doesn't ring a bell with you? On top of Schuster needing re-tuning. (These are just forwards - not including guys like Tom, Tuipulotu & Reuben not finishing the season).

We then add Waddell (who is fringe at best), and Brown (who's always dropped, or suspended).

Anyways, when I claimed 12th - 15th at the start of last season, you ridiculed me, and advertised that you thought I was markedly negative blah, blah, blah ... and guess what......surprise, surprise. Here we are
Players recovering from short and long term injuries and getting surgeries to fix the niggles they picked up across the season is par for the course at this time of year.

If we have an injury toll next year like we did this year I'll be right there with you saying we'll be 12th to 15th. If you take the fullback and 5 starting forwards out of any team they will be absolutely crap. Imagine the Panthers without Edwards, JFH, Leota, Martin, Sorenson, and Leniu.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
You know he was called in for that one game after a three month banishment to NSW Cup and the club publicly looking to offload him?

Hardly one of the best forwards in GF team…he had a shocker in the game as well and the media came out and criticised Arthur’s decision to reinstate him after such a long lay off.
He was one of the Eels' best for quite a long time, I suspect there was something going on off the field at the back end of his tenure with them (which concerns me).

Players recovering from short and long term injuries and getting surgeries to fix the niggles they picked up across the season is par for the course at this time of year.

If we have an injury toll next year like we did this year I'll be right there with you saying we'll be 12th to 15th. If you take the fullback and 5 starting forwards out of any team they will be absolutely crap. Imagine the Panthers without Edwards, JFH, Leota, Martin, Sorenson, and Leniu.
The difference being, if you take out those forwards from Penrith they got the academy to fill those spots with the best youngsters...meanwhile we have got no one.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The difference being, if you take out those forwards from Penrith they got the academy to fill those spots with the best youngsters...meanwhile we have got no one.
Not in the same season they won't.

But yes that is the huge systemic advantage that the Panthers have - one of the biggest junior bases in the league. We have never been able to compete with that.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Best player hahahaha. Then again, given the quality of our forwards, he might be right up there next season !!

Oh, and for the record everyone, a little inside knowledge, Lachlan Croker is also presently in a sling, recovering from an operation ! A little insider info.
I'd noticed Croker wasn't featured in any of the promos for the new logo. That must've been why.

Ryan

Journey Man

But eagle, it's not just the injuries, because your right of course, it's the habitual nature of them from these players, and the length / seriousness of said injuries.

It's not like they are cleaning some Cartledge (sorry about the spelling there) out, these are serious ACL, dislocated shoulder type deals.

Also, please, PLEASE God give me a finals series next season. Is it too much to ask to come in the top 50% of the league ?

Damien2812

Bencher
If we feel that we seriously need an insurance policy for Schuster we should have never resigned him…. A team with any chance of winning a comp cannot afford to make these kinds of michuster who shouldn't have been resigned
Sc
If we feel that we seriously need an insurance policy for Schuster we should have never resigned him…. A team with any chance of winning a comp cannot afford to make these kinds of mistakes
Schuster shouldn't have never been resigned especially on the rumoured $800k. Signing Waddell again is depth in the backrow and only Schuster is the incompetent one since Haumole has one side covered.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The sky is falling everyone, we've signed a depth forward and now we are chasing a guy who just one year ago was one of the best forwards in the team playing in the grand final.

We should be investing in 18 year olds nobody has ever heard of! What are these idiots from recruiting doing?

And one of our players has just had surgery at the end of the season and is using the several months before next season to recover?!? Who has ever heard of such things?
Mate u know reason ,logic ,and fact has no place here , I mean what are you thinking ?

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Sc

Schuster shouldn't have never been resigned especially on the rumoured $800k. Signing Waddell again is depth in the backrow and only Schuster is the incompetent one since Haumole has one side covered.
Yeah understandable. You know Schuster said himself that his new contract was less than it is now but the media pundits still insist on saying it’s $800k. I guess it makes it sound more sensational and the truth should not get in the way of a compelling headline.
Personally I think he is a talent the question is his headspace which is the coaching teams job to assess.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Next year will be the year that both mestrov and seibold’s tenure will be judged… the results will do all the talking. Let’s hope they are they are the kind of results that make silvertails very happy.
Off course we all want our club to succeed
Passionate and Proud Manly people Hate Losing
and lose respect for losers that bring our cub down to their level

Last edited:

NYEagle

Bencher
Welcome back Corey

Capable of a breakout year. Got some good work at the struggling bulldogs and I think he will do well in a strong Manly side.

NYEagle

Now we are apparently signing woods but at least not in our top 30.
Anyway hopefully Waddell will be his brother in arms securing the workers first premiership.
Nothing against these guys or any players for that matter personally but they are not the kind players imo that will bring you a FG premiership even as trusty plodders….
He doesn't need Woods as his brother in arms, he's got a potential brother in law in Jakey. lol

Welcome back Corey

Capable of a breakout year. Got some good work at the struggling bulldogs and I think he will do well in a strong Manly side.

NYEagle
He will be a in better environment for sure. Being tight with Jake and a few old faces as well. His form for the Dogs really only dipped when Baz left, since Baz was the one who brought him in. Im backing him to do well.

MW66

Reserve Grader
Seems an ok signing on the basis that I would love a big signing but realise we don't have the cap e.g. Curran seems a much sexier signing. While there are mixed views on the The bulldogs forum "The Kennel", there are a lot of comments about him being hard working and contributing more than higher paid players on their roster. Many are sad to see him go. Is he better than Tuilagi, Woods, Condon - probably. So a good, cheap squad player.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't mind Waddell returning. He did ok at the Dogs and is good for our depth. Yes we could sign better but we could also sign a lot worse than him.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member

Well said and very much on point

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16