Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not sure if those are rhetorical questions but susan has certainly alluded previously to the numbers not stacking up, so fair play.
Point though is that the numbers while significant are not the determinative force at play. What matters are the circumstances and the effect on the psyche of the populace. So far about 13000 have died. Compare with ‘only’ 2977 that died in 9/11 attack yet the effects of that persist nearly 2 decades on.
But it's not really comparable to 9/11 is it? I would say that it is more comparable to other illness like @susan has mentioned. So it's about the risk and likelihood that it is indeed far worse than anything before. But how do we, both collectively and individually assess that risk?

As for what to do my uneducated guess is that the gov is taking a risk based approach where it sees the potential impact of the virus V clear financial impacts.

It seems that for the government the impact of the virus (and you would hope that is informed) is far greater than the coming economic trouble.

But it's not really comparable to 9/11 is it? I would say that it is more comparable to other illness like @susan has mentioned. So it's about the risk and likelihood that it is indeed far worse than anything before. But how do we, both collectively and individually assess that risk?
No its not comparable at all, that is my point. The number of deaths is not the most important force at play. (Pretty sure susan at times has also compared with the number of deaths from car crashes, or suicides. Sorry if that wasn't you Sue but someone has and anyway the point stands).

Centrelink down across Australia
Systems just collapsed
Ring back tomorrow the advice

Just gets better
Predicted that. I couldn’t fathom for the life of me how they didn’t put anything in place when from all reports the whole thing wasn’t working when there was just regular unemployed. That combined with your good point about something needing to be done three months ago to protect the vulnerable makes it hard to find hope.

They'll cancel the comp
and give the premiership to the Storm 'cause sCam said so

The sea eagles are a small suburban family owned business operated out of rented premises. .. As such they are entitled to many many components of the Gov't bail out ...

Played correctly it could be our first year of profit ...
Definitely 1,000% don't agree with that.

I own a small business and so far I'm not seeing anything that will help me through this. Nothing, I actually wish I could get the dole, $1,100 a fortnight and I'd be ****en happy to wait in a queue for 8 hours to get that ****, if that's what it took? FMD, I dream for that kind of money.

Small business owners like me will earn nothing, we will eat into every last bit of our cash reserves, all our personal savings and we'll try and survive by taking on more debt and even then without customers or sales many of us will probably still go broke.

As far as I can tell, the measures announced so far are designed in a way to enable employers like me keep my staff employed. What I will receive at the end of April might cover a months wages, but they are not paying it until end of April anyway. They do nothing to help cover my daily overheads,. ..... insurance, rent, electricity....... bla, bla, bla. You get it. So if I don't have sales then those things aren't covered and then my team don't have a place to work anyway.

Its probably not the best financial decision but I've too much personal energy and money invested in my business to walk away without trying everything but at the moment that $1,100 a fortnight looks pretty sweet and I really wouldn't complain about having to wait in a queue or that the My Gov website crashed.

Anyway, **** times for all.

Go Manly.

Curious to know how much foxtell has already paid the nrl for this year and how that affects things. Do they ask for a refund? Guessing thier subscriptions will drop alot. Will they help the nrl stay afloat this year?

Curious to know how much foxtell has already paid the nrl for this year and how that affects things. Do they ask for a refund? Guessing thier subscriptions will drop alot. Will they help the nrl stay afloat this year?

I imagine most of the Fox League people will be made to step down immediately, perhaps at the end of the week but I doubt they’ll help the NRL at all as they too will be bleeding ( if this goes on I’ll be suspending my subscription unless they give me a massive reduction in costs).

I read somewhere that Fox pays quarterly in advance.

I predicted the suspension of the season with terrifying accuracy.
Hope I am equally WRONG about our future fate. @:(

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10