Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Work colleague had his second jab last week,said to load up on panadol for the second jab,really felt the effects for 24 hours after the second jab(Pfizer I think).Recomends not planning much for the day after......

My wife is a health care professional and her view is to try avoid anything like that as it is good for body to work through it (unless of course you are not able to / your own circumstances are different)

Just got my first jab. Now lets see if there are side effects. I havent turned maroon and white yet, but who knows.

Hopefully you don't turn shades of other teams colours!!!

The general consensus here is that the first shot will just give you a sore arm but with the second shot you may get more side effects. Those side effects can be worse if you've had covid-19.

For me - I haven't had covid-19 and my second shot made me tired and some chills for a day.
Neighbour - had covid-19 and her second shot gave her a headache, made her tired, and a lot more fever / chills combo than me, but still no real biggie.

I realise that's a sample size of two, but there ya go, enjoy!

My wife is a health care professional and her view is to try avoid anything like that as it is good for body to work through it (unless of course you are not able to / your own circumstances are different)

The info they give us to read while we wait the 15 mins post 'jab' says much the same.

Try and let it play out gives you the best chance of the 'best' result, even though you may feel like you have a cold.... but if you can't, take some Tylenol.

From my personal experience load up on the water be hydrated as much as you can, the people I know who got ill from the first and second jab had COVID-19.

I had Sputnik V both shots and both shots of Pfizer, the reason I did both was as the EMA did not recognise Sputnik V, the QR code you get for being vaccinated gets scanned as you enter some countries now.

Had to care for sick son who had issues with Diabetes...

Guess that one of the concerns with this virus is that how many mutations or variants is it capable of producing into the future . Different circumstances but the Spanish flue pandemic apparently burnt itself out just over 100 years ago but that was still after a couple of years . Also not everyone who is exposed to the virus will necessary be affected by it , vaccinated or not but can still transmit it [ or is this just speculation ] One observation that i would make is that Australia really diminished its natural advantage of an isolation factor in being an island by not having purpose built or set purpose quarantine facilities outside of the capital cities .[ although some individual state jurisdictions were advocating previously ] With the still present threat of outbreaks and serious mutations , hope that all levels of government can get their collective acts together and get some progress in this area. Just too many ongoing risks relying too much on hotel quarantine .

Yep I was wary of the clotting because its in our family so I waited to see if my younger brother died before taking the risk. He suffered very little side effects. I also have diabetes, low range, and blood pressure issues. Had cholesterol issues but change of diet and meds I'm on, has me at about 2 so that's under control. Blood pressure up in my last test bah humbug. Getting old takes its toll

I'm 39 and waiting patiently to be able to get the pfizer vaccine in October. Don't really want to go near the AZ one, from when they were each announced the AZ one looked a bit dodgy to me, with the Pfizer one looking much more appealing, I am glad that's what is more than likely to be the one that I get hold of, or at least they open up the J&J one to us once the US is sorted.

Still I am sticking with pfizer, as long as they don't stuff up and I end up with a massive erection after getting the jab

I'm 39 and waiting patiently to be able to get the pfizer vaccine in October. Don't really want to go near the AZ one, from when they were each announced the AZ one looked a bit dodgy to me, with the Pfizer one looking much more appealing, I am glad that's what is more than likely to be the one that I get hold of, or at least they open up the J&J one to us once the US is sorted.

Still I am sticking with pfizer, as long as they don't stuff up and I end up with a massive erection after getting the jab

I agree with you Dan. Our Government rushed in blindly and committed itself to the AZ vaccine and now most older people cant get Pfizer at all. Not saying AZ doesn't work. Its just the Pfizer seems to have fewer complications and a higher protection, from what I've read. But I decided at my age it wasn't worth holding off. This virus is in the community, highly communicable, and will continue to resurface from time to time. Sad thing is Australia has a very low level of those already vaccinated. OK while its in check, but if there is a break out, it could be dangerous for those unvaccinated.

Why is the recommendation to avoid pandol ?
How does it impact the vac process ?

The theory as it has been explained to me is that by taking panadol or similar you might inhibit your body's processing of the vaccine. Like all things it is by no means proven and is only a guidance to try avoid it if you can

Guess that one of the concerns with this virus is that how many mutations or variants is it capable of producing into the future . Different circumstances but the Spanish flue pandemic apparently burnt itself out just over 100 years ago but that was still after a couple of years . Also not everyone who is exposed to the virus will necessary be affected by it , vaccinated or not but can still transmit it [ or is this just speculation ] One observation that i would make is that Australia really diminished its natural advantage of an isolation factor in being an island by not having purpose built or set purpose quarantine facilities outside of the capital cities .[ although some individual state jurisdictions were advocating previously ] With the still present threat of outbreaks and serious mutations , hope that all levels of government can get their collective acts together and get some progress in this area. Just too many ongoing risks relying too much on hotel quarantine .
Spanish flu or 1918 H1N1 is still with us, most of the current strains of Infulenza are actually descendants or variants of it.

In all likelihood COVID19 will be much the same, we won't eradicate it but merely get it under control with herd immunity.

The NRL has come down hard on Sharks star Josh Dugan for breaching biosecurity protocols, while the Bulldogs have been hit with a $50,000 breach notice for failing to communicate the increased restrictions to players.

Dugan has been fined $25,000 after he was caught attending a Potts Points restaurant on June 25.

The NRL has come down hard on Sharks star Josh Dugan for breaching biosecurity protocols, while the Bulldogs have been hit with a $50,000 breach notice for failing to communicate the increased restrictions to players.

Dugan has been fined $25,000 after he was caught attending a Potts Points restaurant on June 25.
I wonder why the huge difference between Dugan's fine & the Canterbury 5's fines?

Is it because the Canterbury 5 weren't officially advised of the COVID protocols by the club & therefore were deemed dumb & innocent as opposed to informed & guilty?

I wonder why the huge difference between Dugan's fine & the Canterbury 5's fines?

Is it because the Canterbury 5 weren't officially advised of the COVID protocols by the club & therefore were deemed dumb & innocent as opposed to informed & guilty?
It looks that way with the dogs as a club also getting the 50k fine and the sharks zip.

I agree with you Dan. Our Government rushed in blindly and committed itself to the AZ vaccine and now most older people cant get Pfizer at all. Not saying AZ doesn't work. Its just the Pfizer seems to have fewer complications and a higher protection, from what I've read. But I decided at my age it wasn't worth holding off. This virus is in the community, highly communicable, and will continue to resurface from time to time. Sad thing is Australia has a very low level of those already vaccinated. OK while its in check, but if there is a break out, it could be dangerous for those unvaccinated.
I got the AZ two weeks ago. First night I had the shakes, chattering teeth and a splitting headache. My left arm still has a big red blotch where I got the jab. If they were discriminating against any other group (insert minority here) there'd be outrage..... but of course we're all over 60 and have magic blood.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4