Could Manly miss the 8?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
However my honest assessment is we are at about the 6th or 7th position form wise. I don't think we are top 4 quality this year. Our very best can match the top sides but we lack finals experience in the forwards. I think we'll finish 6th and go out in week 2.

However my honest assessment is we are at about the 6th or 7th position form wise. I don't think we are top 4 quality this year. Our very best can match the top sides but we lack finals experience in the forwards. I think we'll finish 6th and go out in week 2.
Mick, I'd be ecstatic if we do that. The team has already overachieved in my book (although I hope they don't think so), so anything we do from here on in is a bonus.

Looking too at everyone's draw for the remainder the sweeps and dragons have a nice run on current form teams. Broncos do have some interesting ones. We on form can win at least 3 of last 6 and end on 32 I'd say in 8 not 4. Although bugger that and let's win more and get in the top 4!

In doing my calculations on the finals predictor, i ended up with Manly needing to win that game to pick up 4th and Penrith needing to win it to make the 8. Would make for quite the game. There are an interesting few weeks ahead. We'll soon find out which coaches have teams firing at the right time.

I am willing to be that is all out this window already after the merge lost to the spoon favourites (panthers would have been fighting them i assume for 8th)

This weeks games all had clear favourites when i looked a couple of days ago, we were second best odds of the non favourites at $2.35 just behind a $2.32. So far in 4 games the favourites have won 2 lost 2.

Just so hard to tip these things tight and it is really tight right now

We were top 4 quality until last week, other than last week we've been one of the best sides in the comp. if the Sharks are a top 4 quality team than we are. Every sis has their form dips, every side gets out of them. We will get out of ours with time and belief, this week should be the week. The only games we've genuinely looked bad in we're both against the dragons and the first two games of the season

I am willing to be that is all out this window already after the merge lost to the spoon favourites (panthers would have been fighting them i assume for 8th)

This weeks games all had clear favourites when i looked a couple of days ago, we were second best odds of the non favourites at $2.35 just behind a $2.32. So far in 4 games the favourites have won 2 lost 2.

Just so hard to tip these things tight and it is really tight right now

Totally, and my tipping record is pretty average at the best of times so its hardly likely to be too accurate. i tried to be as non biased as possible in doing it, ill try again after this round. I was even surprised that after doing it we were still in the hunt for top four. Throw in the resting of players in the final rounds etc.. and anything can happen. I do think a few key positions will come down to that final round though.

It makes the players we had out even more significant.

I hope you are right and we bounce back against the Storm & Roosters!

But honestly the signs are not good..................hammered last week, the tigers win was dodgy, the loss to the panthers was poor (i know henry perenara was their man of the match but still...), scraped past the warriors

None of those teams are genuine premiership challengers.

I hope you are right and we bounce back against the Storm & Roosters!

But honestly the signs are not good..................hammered last week, the tigers win was dodgy, the loss to the panthers was poor (i know henry perenara was their man of the match but still...), scraped past the warriors

None of those teams are genuine premiership challengers.
We were on the edge for a while just sneaking wins. Sharks did the same until we flogged them they were just sneaking wins but the week after they showed everyone how good they really are and flogged the inform premiership contenders the roosters.

I think we need to win one of the next two games against Storm or Roosters to be sure of a spot in 8. If we lose both of those than it's a must win on everything else and that could mean a finals playoff against Penrith in the last round - or at least a for and against battle with Dragons and Panthers for the last spot.

Eels have a soft run home so I think they are safe now unfortunately, as much as i was hoping losing Gutho would hurt them they looked solid last night. Cowboys may yet falter, they have a tougher draw (5 out of last 6 games against teams in finals contention). The Round 25 match between Panthers and Dragons could hold the key to our fate.

Last week's shellacking by Dragons may haunt us, we needed that win for a 6 point buffer over them to be safe and let them fight it out with Panthers for last spot in 8. Too late now, but that was a bad beat in the context of our season - valuable competitions points went begging and F/A took a hammering
Pretty much this and Chalmers post. I feel the saints loss will haunt us (52-22! Is a huge loss!). I love Manly but I'll say it now we can't win this comp. however if we make the 8 that will more than surpass my expectations for this season.

Being a pessimist here but it's a reality. Rorters will dust us. Drag queens play bunnies and will win. Panthers will play tigpies and win. Panthers now have a better F/A. From 3rd to 9th in 3 weeks.

Not sure we can make the 8 now......!

Since that contrived loss to the Riff, we have not really been looking the goods. Something, or a number of somethings have happened to affect our team morale, effort, defence, general skills, etc and I don't know what!!

What a roller coaster, not much hope at beginning of season of going anywhere near the finals, then some hope started to creep in, then some major hope about a month ago and now not much hope at all for the end...!

You'd be silly to write the team off, but there would want to be a monumental shift in defensive attitude next week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8