Craig Bellamy to consider retirement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is nothing but a filthy furking cheat and should have been banned for life along with O'Sullivan in 2010. The NRL will be a far far better place for his demise.

Get off the fence Ralphie and tell us what you really think of him. :nod:

Ok then, he built a reputation whilst cheating by having a squad he should never have had. He has benefited from that to this day because players go there for "unders" to play for the messiah. Despite gaining that advantage to this day his team has been rubbish the past 2 years and he looks like running because of it. He is an average coach whose ONLY success was as a result of cheating.

But of course this is only my opinion.
Well argued opinion Ralphie. But the original one was more entertaining.

Last edited:
Do people think the coaches know the specifics of players contracts though? I know I did up until listening to Toovey on NRL360. Seemed like he was completely out of the loop?

Maybe Bellamy knew which players he wanted, and the recruitment staff and management did the rest?

I don't know, he just doesn't seem the type to cheat. Ok, he will push the rules to win, but not outright cheat, does he? If there WERE links to him being involved as well, he'd 100% be out of a job wouldn't he?

You can bet when Hasler was running things "He knew exactly what was going on ".
I think some coaches have a way bigger role than others do .It all comes down to how hands on they are & their player management skills , I guess....

Do people think the coaches know the specifics of players contracts though? I know I did up until listening to Toovey on NRL360. Seemed like he was completely out of the loop?

Maybe Bellamy knew which players he wanted, and the recruitment staff and management did the rest?

I don't know, he just doesn't seem the type to cheat. Ok, he will push the rules to win, but not outright cheat, does he? If there WERE links to him being involved as well, he'd 100% be out of a job wouldn't he?
Of course he would be demanding to know how much of his salary cap was going to individual players, and how much space was left - and how he could juggle his roster within the resources. The decision on whether to sign any player is ALWAYS related to how much cap that player takes up - unless you know for sure you effectively don't have a salary cap, as was the case for Melbourne.

Bellamy was across everything. It would seem ludicrous to suggest he would not be across such a critical aspect - probably THE most important aspect - of the success of his teams.

Seeing the logic of this, and proving it in a court of law though, are two different matters.

Sorry. He's a very good coach. Yes salary cap blah blah - Roosters, Broncs anyone? And this question is already being asked about MWSE 2016. Bulldogs? Eels! - but he has gotten a team quite often written off at season start, to the finals most years. Remember too, that the big three are all involved in rep season and still the team comes through. You also have to look at the number of rejects that he's had playing their very best footy when at the Storm.
And the players seem to like him - except maybe big Georgie Rose ' cause he was expected to work.
You may not like his tactics or his personality- I kinda like the heart on the sleeve - but not a good coach? Don't be silly.

Of course he would be demanding to know how much of his salary cap was going to individual players, and how much space was left - and how he could juggle his roster within the resources. The decision on whether to sign any player is ALWAYS related to how much cap that player takes up - unless you know for sure you effectively don't have a salary cap, as was the case for Melbourne.

Bellamy was across everything. It would seem ludicrous to suggest he would not be across such a critical aspect - probably THE most important aspect - of the success of his teams.

Seeing the logic of this, and proving it in a court of law though, are two different matters.

If that's the case, he shouldn't be in the game at all imo.

Ok then, he built a reputation whilst cheating by having a squad he should never have had. He has benefited from that to this day because players go there for "unders" to play for the messiah. Despite gaining that advantage to this day his team has been rubbish the past 2 years and he looks like running because of it. He is an average coach whose ONLY success was as a result of cheating.

But of course this is only my opinion.
Agree 100%. Bit like a certain Queensland "super coach" who had a pretty good win/loss record when he had the qld state of origin squad running out for him week in week out..

Jesus, he's nudging 60. Looks bloody good considering age and the job he has.

Anderson aged about 20 years in 2 as coach, and had a heart attack at a game !!

What I love, Is the Storm have been an elite team, and people say they are Manly's rival.

That's much better than people comparing us to The Eels for example. Shows we are elite as well.
Wrong, they are cheating scum.

I'd suggest he will get the plumb job at the NRL.....
I don't know ...as big a carnt as he is matching him up next to greenfark ....well that's just a whole new level of low...I don't know wether he's got it in him?

Agree 100%. Bit like a certain Queensland "super coach" who had a pretty good win/loss record when he had the qld state of origin squad running out for him week in week out..

And how in hell the NSWRL/ARL didn't go hard after the Brisbane teams of the 1990's over their salary cap I'll never know. I mean, take their 1993 GF winning team - of the 17, only 4 had not at least played Origin at that time (Alan Cann, Andrew Gee, John Plath and Peter Ryan - and only Plath wouldn't ever), while 8 of the starting side were Aussie test players and all bar Ryan had played in the 1992 GF winning team.

The Donkey's in 1993 had at 9 internationals in their first grade squad (the only one not to play in either GF win was Paul Hauff). Try getting away with that these days and be under the cap.

As for Bellyache.....sorry but I will never believe that he and the players were innocent in the Drizzle's salary cap rort.

And how in hell the NSWRL/ARL didn't go hard after the Brisbane teams of the 1990's over their salary cap I'll never know.
Try getting away with that these days and be under the cap.
Seems they know how to do it these days and get away with it. Didn't Andrew Gee simply resign, resulting in the cap rort investigation being stopped because he couldn't be interviewed?

Hopefully it will be the end of the Melbourne reign.I'm over those scum.
Greenturd will never let the filth drop from the top 8 spotlight. Ch nein and fox won't allow ratings or subscription drop in Victoria. Same with the Qld donkey cheats There is no level playing field.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7