Crusher blasts fixture furore

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phantar said:
Yes, presumably it was "business as usual" when numerous Manly supporters supported Cracker (sorry...Crusher) Cleal through his wife's illness, via that night at Hoyts Warringah Mall, a few years ago.

Wonder if he's ever troubled by the knowledge that they didn't want him at Belmore? They wanted Dave Warwick instead.

What so he then has to devote his entire life to the club for that?!

Are you the sort of person who donates to charity but must receive something in return for doing so? I'm guessing the answer is yes.

My comments 'ruthless' or 'red-neck?' Perhaps. Or perhaps contrarian. And I don't think they can be construed as offensive to his wife. I'm pretty sure I read other comments in a similar vein on this forum when he left last year. Not sure if you leapt down the throats of others on those occasions?

Personally I think you're both resorting to hyperbole.

And I think I made a valid point. Cleal has (verbally) rationalised the process that saw him leave into a 'business as usual' approach.

Enjoy the game tonight!

I don't think you'll get much support for those comments Phantar. That was in pretty poor taste mate.

I don't see a real problem with Phantar's comments. And I agree that they don't appear disrespectful to his wife - not so for crusher.

The point being made was that the fans were there for him when he needed them. But not so much when we needed him.

If Crusher doesn't want to cop what Des is copping then he should not offer up interviews and make comments like "people need to move on" and "it's business as usual" or, "it's just another game".

When Des left under the circumstances that he did, and all his sycophants followed blindly, they robbed us of the opportunity to bask in the glory of another premiership. Not to mention leaving the club in turmoil. We have every damn right to be angry. We have every right to "move on" when we are good and ready. Most of all crusher, this isn't "just another game".

A win tonight will go a long way to letting some of us "move on".

Phantar said:
My comments 'ruthless' or 'red-neck?' Perhaps. Or perhaps contrarian. And I don't think they can be construed as offensive to his wife. I'm pretty sure I read other comments in a similar vein on this forum when he left last year. Not sure if you leapt down the throats of others on those occasions?

And I think I made a valid point. Cleal has (verbally) rationalised the process that saw him leave into a 'business as usual' approach.

Enjoy the game tonight!

Family first is what i'd expect and both of these merkins were part of the manly "family"

Noel turned his back on that and his own son for the almighty dollar Dasler,I wouldn't give what Ryan says much credence,he spends the year deathriding his own club

From today's paper we have them in court

Ryan said:
Phantar said:
Yes, presumably it was "business as usual" when numerous Manly supporters supported Cracker (sorry...Crusher) Cleal through his wife's illness, via that night at Hoyts Warringah Mall, a few years ago.

Wonder if he's ever troubled by the knowledge that they didn't want him at Belmore? They wanted Dave Warwick instead.

Your a grub Phantar. There's more to life than football. Get real man ! One of the worst posts I have seen in years on these forums. Seriously, you should be well and truly ashamed of that !

I think the post that said they hoped Brett Stewart did his knee again was worse. Much worse.

All manly fans have you crusher and your little mate dessie in our thoughts quite often, however due to the threat of this getting closed I cant say what I think.

Good luck for the future, perhaps we can go pig shooting sometime, love and kisses, Earnie.

I am sorry but I still can not understand the vitriol being flung at cleal. He had his reasons for leaving, and we weren't savvy to them, we need to get over it and just get on with things.

To be upset at a man who did so many great things for our club, and did nothing at the end but leave for another is a sad indictment of the mentality that we sometimes have.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Ryan said:
Crusher is, and will be one of the best recruitment guru's, and talent scouts in the game. A true asset to any team. Was also a legendary player.

Des Hasler is, and will be one of the best coaches in the game.

People tend to not like the tall poppy in their professions. It's a massive loss that these two men aren't with us still. Class and quality doesn't just grow on trees.

I hope they do very well at The Bulldogs (they are human after all, and gave a large portion of their lives for our enjoyment).

Instead on focusing on what The Bulldogs are doing, there is a hell of a lot of things happening in our own back-yard that needs addressing both on and off the park to worry about anything else.

Get over your fascination with the dog and his pup. As Phantar says the dogs were after Warwick who intitialy agreed to join the dogs only to reverse his decision after he learned that crusher had signed up with them.

They're are gone now and I hope they fail. I'm only interested in Manly and how we are going.

I'll always get upset when coaches, players or whoever leave the club in murky circumstances. I don't like it when they turn and do their utmost to beat us, or sneak players from my club. It annoys me because of the passion I have for the club. I don't like it when Manly fans bet against us as well. Unlike Cleal, I do not see the game as a 'business'. It's a passion, and if he can't understand that, then I feel sorry for the mercenary grub.

The Eagle said:
Phantar said:

Enjoy the game tonight!

Family first is what i'd expect and both of these merkins were part of the manly "family"

Noel turned his back on that and his own son for the almighty dollar Dasler,I wouldn't give what Ryan says much credence,he spends the year deathriding his own club

From today's paper we have them in court

You have no idea. He turned his back on his son? How so? The fact that he went to The Bulldogs was BECAUSE of his family.

Here's a tip. You ain't his family. Not now, not in the past, not ever.

Fact is, your so upset at his leaving, your lashing out. Any why not? Not many recruitment guru's pull together a roster quite like Crusher and Des.

Keep deathriding,we'll keep on truckin

I meant his son you sped,the one who got ****ed over by the Bulldogs when his career prematurely ended,maybe you should research

Post of the thread. Chewy on haslers boot. Good win by the boys ".

Frank said:
I don't see a real problem with Phantar's comments. And I agree that they don't appear disrespectful to his wife - not so for crusher.

The point being made was that the fans were there for him when he needed them. But not so much when we needed him.

If Crusher doesn't want to cop what Des is copping then he should not offer up interviews and make comments like "people need to move on" and "it's business as usual" or, "it's just another game".

When Des left under the circumstances that he did, and all his sycophants followed blindly, they robbed us of the opportunity to bask in the glory of another premiership. Not to mention leaving the club in turmoil. We have every damn right to be angry. We have every right to "move on" when we are good and ready. Most of all crusher, this isn't "just another game".

A win tonight will go a long way to letting some of us "move on".

The Eagle said:
Keep deathriding,we'll keep on truckin

I meant his son you sped,the one who got f***ed over by the Bulldogs when his career prematurely ended,maybe you should research

First of all, what's a sped? Secondly, his name was Kane Cleal, and I'm sure I know his play, had more "actual" contact with, and know more about Kane than you.

Secondly, how is suggesting that you are upset about Des / Crusher leaving death-riding the Eagles? Over statement much?

You seem pretty simple, so I'll leave you to play with your toys. I'll wash them free of your dribble some time later.

Also, get a life. You and I mean nothing to The Cleal's. Noel, has more class in his ass hair, than you do in your entirety.

Noel, has more class in his ass hair, than you do in your entirety.
Geez Ryan, you couldn't come up with a little
less confronting visual than that?:p

wombatgc said:
Noel, has more class in his ass hair, than you do in your entirety.
Geez Ryan, you couldn't come up with a little
less confronting visual than that?:p

Crusher is one hairy machine :)
I love the man, and still want him to do a bush tucker event at my joint for my b'day - I reckon his stories would be phenominal.

One thing though. I have and am in complete awe of the man's beard. That is one sweet rug, and I want it !

Shane you are, and always will be, just some immature little twat that we tolerate here.

Dont ever forget that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7