Cuthbo to go, Ox, Wolfman, Robbo, Lyon to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OneEyedEagle link said:
We should use the same bean counter the rorters are using, that way we can keep em all and still be under the salary cap... I wonder if the likes of Oford and co would be open to pay cuts to keep the nucleus of the team.

Would you take a pay cut at your job to keep other employees there? I would think not. You can't blame the players for trying to get as much money as they can while they play because their careers are so short.

It's a toughie...

Orford plays 1 good game to 3 average games. With beaver no longer in the frame we really miss second phase play and Cuthbo provides this.

If orford really wants to stay why is he fielding offers from wigan and warrington??

I do agreew ith the sentiments on rose though.  His comeback has been fantastic and he runs the ball back with alot of force and really bends the defensive line. I think we need him.

I think our strongest bench is probably the one we have at the moment.

14. LeStrange
15. Kite
16. Hall
17. Rose

Will Tony Williams replacing Hall on that bench next year.

I think the next place we need to invest should orford resign and cuthbo go would be a replacement for LeStrange. I'm not happy with his form this season and think we have looked alot better in every game with ballin in 9. I'm sure ballin could play 80 so that maybe opens up another spot for a utility back or back rower in he future.

Cuthbo to be released so that Beaver can have one last season next year.

At the moment i'd rather cuthbo running around than kite. wtf has he done with his ticker this year?

eagle_predator link said:
Well Ox is 31 and in two years he will be 33 if he does sign with Manly ? he needs to take a pay cut imo and what message are we sending to the likes of Daly Cherry-Evans,Hodkinson and Foran ?

It's fantastic news that Lyon maybe staying ? and that Robbo and Wolfman are close to signing or have already as for Cuthbo well i wouldn't like to see him leave the club.

Are any of these ready to make the step up to first grade? Or do we look elsewhere if Ox goes. If so any suggestions?

We have a few Toyota Cup players that I 100% think will make the grade.

Cherry Evans is good, but not sure he will make the grade unless Foran becomes the type of 5/8 that Locky, Campese and Soward are

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=180707.msg227265#msg227265 date=1244947421]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180707.msg227242#msg227242 date=1244936841]
Rose is 1 of my favourites Mata, his comeback is inspirational, his level of footy at the moment is superb

Geez, I hope we can keep big George, he's been our best for the last 4 or 5 weeks.
[/quote]

With the respect we have shown the Big Fella, keeping him here through that entire injury, I feel that Rose will pay that back to the club if a reasonable offer is put to him and show some loyalty back.
[/quote]]

They said on the radio after the game on Saturday night that Rose has signed another contract.

cuthbo has been linked to the Sharks, I hope it is not true....anywher but there !

Cuthbo hasn't come on to be a regular first grader.  Agree with all the comments re offloads, Rose, Kite etc.  If Cuthbo goes to the Sharks he's a fool. 

Cuthbo could be great but either injuries or his lack of consistancy has hampered his progress, additionally with Choc & King always dropping the pill or giving away cheap penalites we cant afford to have anymore blokes who are mistake prone - Cuthbo is almost guaranteed to drop the ball or throw a speculator at least twice a game

TigerNige link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180707.msg227266#msg227266 date=1244949197]
Well Ox is 31 and in two years he will be 33 if he does sign with Manly ? he needs to take a pay cut imo and what message are we sending to the likes of Daly Cherry-Evans,Hodkinson and Foran ?

It's fantastic news that Lyon maybe staying ? and that Robbo and Wolfman are close to signing or have already as for Cuthbo well i wouldn't like to see him leave the club.

Are any of these ready to make the step up to first grade? Or do we look elsewhere if Ox goes. If so any suggestions?
[/quote]

Good question Hodkinson should be given a chance in the NRL and i wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get a run this year at some point ?

As for Manly looking else where for a No.7 that would depend on if Ox leaves and if he does than you would think that Hodkinson,Daly Cherry-Evans & Foran would all be in line first ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4