Daly Cherry-Evans - The Phenom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's some highlights reel for such a short career so far. I love watching the kid play - the enthusiasm he brings to the game is just plain joyful to watch. And, as others have said, he's tough, too. Wouldn't trade him for anyone.

mozgrame said:
Daniel said:
I watched Trent play live in the Sunny Coast final and wrote a report on it. I thought his kicking game didn't look too good and he was solid but not special

To be honest, i always thought he'd make a very good dummy half.

Yeah I would agree with that. Tough, solid defender and and ok kicking game but not great. I just don't know if he had a good enough pass to both sides

What an awesome video, thanks for sharing that. Lets hope for some more DCE brilliance on Friday night.

bones said:
Watching this really makes me wonder how Trent Hodkinson ever got a look in before he did.

And remember when Trent signed mid-season with the Dogs? Des told us not to worry as there is a kid playing Queensland Cup who had the goods. Understatement of a lifetime.

Daniel said:
My god the kid is just such an awesome talent.
Some of the work shown in that clip is amazing, he backs up better than any half I have seen in our colours for a long time, always there in support, has elusive speed but doesn't look quick, can break tackles, has a step, can pick a pass better than anyone out there. Honestly just a complete and utter freak.

This will go down as one of the best halves combinations at manly ever, two kids with so much talent and skill, this is a once in a lifetime halves combo

Well said! What a great highlights video to capture the essence of what he brings to the Eagles week in week out for 80 minutes every time

I think Chez builds off Foz. He looked abit lost when Foz was out, but now he is back to his blistering best.
A Clive Churchill isnt beyond him this year!! His pumps, cut outs, fends, and speed is a great combination.

How exciting for all of us that the best halves combination in the NRL is young AND contracted long term. Good times ahead!

And to think, we owe it all to the Brisbane Bronco talent scouts.
Thanks Broncos for your lack of foresight.
How do you think sticking with Wallace has worked out for you?

I think he might have some potential! Lol
But seriously he is a really nice person if you ever get the chance to talk to him you will see what a true champion he is.

Check how many tries in that clip has him going over either untouched or without a solid tackle being effected (plenty of shirt grabbing).

Its indicative of just how elsuive he can be to opposition defenses.

Great YouTube find B_E.

2_thumbs_up1.jpg

Magnificent DCE highlights reel

I love how Cherry runs around the entire ground at Brookie high fiveing (sic) all the supporters after the game. Matty Ballin is pretty much the only other player that does it. It's great for the fans. I hope DCE hangs around for a long time.

Chip and Chase said:
If I was Snake I'd be dirty on this kid, how many times is he there backing up on the inside only for DCE to have the pace to make it to the line himself. I reckon he has "robbed" Snake of a dozen or more tries because of his speed. LOL.

DCE went through a little flat spot early in the year, but the whole team did to be honest. He is firing on all cylinders now.

His flat spot coincided with Foran's injury,other teams noticed that Liam Foran aint much chop and to be fair the left side was a debacle with injuries around that time,i do not blame DCE for his "form slump"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4