Danger match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the NRL is the toughest competition in the world in terms of depth. I don't think you'd get anywhere near as many upsets in any other sport or competition as you can get in the NRL. That means teams are for the most part really competitive and its about performances and attitude on the day. If we don't show up in the right frame of mind we can get beat by anyone.

The key to beating teams who don't have finals to play for is to get off to a good start. The longer they are in the game, the more likely they are to fight it out to the finish.

NYEagle said:
Sigh.........

Memories of Manly 64, Parramatta 12 at Parra stadium keep flooding back. Big Donnie Mckinnons great try.....

Some quotes from Mossop and Co.

at 58-12:

Mossop:
"well some of the Paramatta fans have realised the game is over and are leaving the arena at the moment....."

at 64-12:

Ian Maurice:
"64 to 12!. is that the 64 dollar question?"
Mossop:
"that's the 64 dollar answer"

Mossop:
"Haggett is living out of Crushers pocket!"

I love it. Still have this game on a video tape :)
I watch it from time to time. What a great side 1988 was - should have won the comp but for a windy afternoon down at Wests which cost them a top 3 spot after squandering a 22-4 lead to draw 22-22.

NYEagle

I think Matt Burke scored his first try for Manly in that game.

bones said:
NYEagle said:
Sigh.........

Memories of Manly 64, Parramatta 12 at Parra stadium keep flooding back. Big Donnie Mckinnons great try.....

Some quotes from Mossop and Co.

at 58-12:

Mossop:
"well some of the Paramatta fans have realised the game is over and are leaving the arena at the moment....."

at 64-12:

Ian Maurice:
"64 to 12!. is that the 64 dollar question?"
Mossop:
"that's the 64 dollar answer"

Mossop:
"Haggett is living out of Crushers pocket!"

I love it. Still have this game on a video tape :)
I watch it from time to time. What a great side 1988 was - should have won the comp but for a windy afternoon down at Wests which cost them a top 3 spot after squandering a 22-4 lead to draw 22-22.

NYEagle

I think Matt Burke scored his first try for Manly in that game.

Yep. Was just about his last too wasnt it?. He wasnt around long.

DSM5 said:
Any team that Souths beat 56 to 6 seem like easybeats.

I Agree DSM5 , the eels are a disgrace, The only danger i see in this game is a danger to our selves by being complacent, giving away stupid penalties , not completing our sets and dropping the balls in early tackles etc....etc. If we are fair dinkum we should carve the eels to peices.

Monday evening felt so bad,
Everybody seems to bag us,
Coming Tuesday I feel better,
Even our Luke Burt looks good .........

BOZO said:
DSM5 said:
Any team that Souths beat 56 to 6 seem like easybeats.

I Agree DSM5 , the eels are a disgrace, The only danger i see in this game is a danger to our selves by being complacent, giving away stupid penalties , not completing our sets and dropping the balls in early tackles etc....etc. If we are fair dinkum we should carve the eels to peices.

Bozo, you're psychic, 20 minutes in and you've described the game precisely

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4