Danny Weidler re: Watmough/DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The issues were done and dusted a while ago, i mean even Brett has had enthusiastic animated discussions on field with DCE relating to lines run etc etc which shows a mark of respect.(Seemed to me Brett was making a real effort to show all is good real mature leadership qualities)

I'm sure there were issues, pretty obvious Watmough has a working relationship that is for sure but i honestly don't think tensions are simmering away readying themselves to explode--- what is done is done time to move on is where i feel it is at.

As an interesting aside (or interesting to me!) I noticed Choc's boy Jake was a ball-boy for us the other night.

I'm sure many, such as marga, knew this but it was pleasant news to me.

I hope Choc's words allay the fears of the worriers here, too.

FlyingHigh said:
I just hope Cherry told Choc that he plans to stay.

I reckon that's in the general vicinity of what was discussed because the issue was the senior group were peeved because Cherry was using up a lot of the potential cap space while having no intention of staying.

RiverEagle said:
As an interesting aside (or interesting to me!) I noticed Choc's boy Jake was a ball-boy for us the other night.

I'm sure many, such as marga, knew this but it was pleasant news to me.

I hope Choc's words allay the fears of the worriers here, too.
Jake was one of the ball boys last season too. He's a good kid. Donny's boy is one also.
I was never worried about Choc leaving and couldn't see anything major with him and Daly, but glad they have sorted it all out. All is good at Manly. :)

It's all good news, but I still wish the Manly club would have broken this news instead of Weedler. This could have been nipped in the bud ages ago by the club. I hate seeing Weedler getting pats on the back by anyone for anything.

I think the fact that Watmough and DCE had issues in the first place is concerning. Here we have a great young player who is offside with our most respected clubman and probably the mates (Choc, Stewart's, Matai, etc). It makes you worry that Daly might not want to stick around.

The biggest draw card any club can have regarding retention, is for the player to enjoy their football so much and make great friends, that leaving for another club is simply too hard. I don't get the feeling this is going to be the case for DCE, so money is really gonna talk in his instance.

Going on Choc's post-game interview with Nein, Jake Watmough turned 12 on Friday so Manly tearing up the Scumdogs would have been a nice birthday present.

One thing I noticed is that from the camera angles Nein had, Snake was actually one of the first to check on DCE when he went down injured, then he started getting on both the cheap watch and refs case about it. Best buds they may not be, but they'll still stand side by side for Manly.

Kevinward777 said:
FlyingHigh said:

I reckon that's in the general vicinity of what was discussed because the issue was the senior group were peeved because Cherry was using up a lot of the potential cap space while having no intention of staying.

is that inside information, or are you drawing that conclusion from media speculation?

It seems that there really is some truth to the player revolt concerning the Gifty departure, but all we have to go on is media speculation, unless someone with contacts in the club tells us otherwise.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/choc-hails-haynes-origin-impact/xm3fv0m

Body Language, Speech Intonation Experts - please give us your read on Choc Cherry :D

Am I the only one who thinks this stuff shouldn't be anywhere near the media ?? I don't want to be reading / seeing Manly players talking about any rifts in the playing group, patched up or otherwise. We don't air our dirty laundry. I hope Choc gets a rap over the knuckles for it.

All that interview did for me was to confirm that there ARE issues.

Chip and Chase said:
All that interview did for me was to confirm that there ARE issues.

Yeah, same.

Reading his body language tells me that he deliberately didn't shake DCE's hand. He paused when coming up with an answer, then said he couldn't remember who's hand he shook (or didn't), and then in the next breath mentions that he went to training the next day and said "I don't think we shook hands"...which one is it?

He doesn't like him and that's plain to see as far as I am concerned. It's not good either, because if DCE feels like an outcast at the club, what chance have we got of him wanting to stay?

They're grown men, not school kids @Chip and Chase

I'd rather they clear the air a little.

It seems they're ''damned if they do, damned if they don't...''

People have been feeding off the rumours for months, and demanding the club or players speak up.....

Choc does so in a sensible, relaxed manner (that the senior guys are upset over Gift leaving and a little uneasy about a changing-of-the-guard is normal BTW ) and he's STILL in the wrong?

I'd much rather rely on what comes out of their mouths (in this case Choc) not innuendoe and here-steria!

And I do feel better for what Choc's opinion is worth, tho ppl still see it for something else.

Choc is old school. Former bad boy turned club legend. DCE is new breed well spoken, not the fighting ***k*ng type, so they are going to have some differences.
The fact that they sat down and had it out speaks volumes for the both of them.

Kevinward777 said:
FlyingHigh said:

I missed out on this whole story, so Cherry decided he was going to leave Manly when his contract finishes?(assuming to the Broncos)
And the senior playing group is dirty at him because the club is keeping potential cap space to resign him?

I swear i have heard him saying to reporters in the past 12 months that hes happy at Manly and doesnt want to leave

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6