Danny Weidler re: Watmough/DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I haven't been on here for a whole day but did this thread start off questioning, then go to positive, then somehow turn negative again?
Sheesh, it's hard to keep up.
I really hope DCE never reads this site and I'm really glad that he Choc had great games on Friday and Manly beat the doggies. Life is good.:D
Peace and Manly love Silvertails.:heart:

tookey said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
I don't think DCE's manager did him any favours when he asked for the contract upgrade in 2012 (I think).

He had no choice as he was on a very low contract originally.

Maybe DCE has made contact with Ricky Stuart? If the raiders offer Milford $1.2m a year imagine what they would offer DCE.

He did not need to come out and publicly ask for a release.

I have no problem with asking for better money, but the way his manager handled it publicly was wrong.

HappilyManly said:
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/choc-hails-haynes-origin-impact/xm3fv0m

Body Language, Speech Intonation Experts - please give us your read on Choc Cherry :D
By all means HM.
Storm in a teacup.
Choc is not sophisticated enough to be acting. There was a difference and it was sorted before it became an issue.
Go back to your homes, folks, nothing to see here.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Go back to your homes, folks, nothing to see here.

Stormtrooper: Let me see your identification.
Obi-Wan: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.
Stormtrooper: We don't need to see his identification.
Obi-Wan: These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Stormtrooper: These aren't the droids we're looking for.
Obi-Wan: He can go about his business.
Stormtrooper: You can go about your business.
Obi-Wan: Move along.
Stormtrooper: Move along... move along.

SERObiRock8 is using Jedi mind control again.;)
And thanks for the vid-link @HappilyManly. Choc looked very schmick and I liked what he said especially at the end.

RiverEagle said:
They're grown men, not school kids @Chip and Chase

I'd rather they clear the air a little.

It seems they're ''damned if they do, damned if they don't...''

People have been feeding off the rumours for months, and demanding the club or players speak up.....

Choc does so in a sensible, relaxed manner (that the senior guys are upset over Gift leaving and a little uneasy about a changing-of-the-guard is normal BTW ) and he's STILL in the wrong?

I'd much rather rely on what comes out of their mouths (in this case Choc) not innuendoe and here-steria!

And I do feel better for what Choc's opinion is worth, tho ppl still see it for something else.

I don't mind him doing an interview, but he should be saying "there are no issues". What him and DCE want to work out behind closed doors is their business and one would hope (as grown men) that they can work it out sufficiently to achieve their goal. I assume we all have jobs here, so we know that there are always workplace frictions and it's not always happy families but we shouldn't be feeding trolls like Weirdler.

It's not the end of the world but I'm just a little disappointed that Choc feels this needs to be made public.

Yeah I do get where you're coming from @Chip and Chase

Ideally they'd all be happy campers and best mates, but as you highlight, it's also a complex workplace in the end too.

My point was just about other ppl here crying out for the players to clear the air - or indeed believing all the worst stories paraded in the media.

At least here we actually had it from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Of course, Choc may have been playing down the depth of divisions there, but it reassured me just a little and I hope the same for others here.

Never been a fan of Weedler though either.

By the looks of it the senior playing group were pissed off with DCE for taking up cap space that could of been used to keep Gifty, with no intention of staying with the club and going of to the Broncs. DCE tells Choc to take a chill pill and that he's gonna be sticking around for awhile and all is well at Manly!

Hope that was the deal anyways lol

danny just needed someone to give him some sort of scoop after the embarrassing footage of T'eo brushing him and calling him a germ.

No scoops were available so he paid choc big $$$$ to ask him about this non issue.

Then danny nodded solemnly throughout said interview to give the impression that he isn't the sort of journo to go around printing untrue rubbish.....(such as his columns regarding choc and cherry divisions and comments choc [didn't] make in the soo camp.)

Facts: And you heard it here first!

Here's another angle. What if the players are pissed off with Cherry for being mates (as I am told, and still don't want to believe ;)) with a horrible little germ that is proud of his association with a bunch of wankers known as the EBC, or whatever the stupid name is they gave themselves. A little prick that is willing to sleep with a team mates Wife/Partner, with no respect given to his own family, team mates or morals in general. A selfish little mongrel who made his name at a pack of mongrels, and then finally committed the ultimate DOG act against his "friend", and his own Partner and Child(?).

You can't judge a player by his mates, I know. We have to do what is best for the club, I know. DCE is the future of the club and must be retained to help ensure our future success, I know. But if their mateship is real, and strong, I can't help but feel a little sad or disappointed in DCE. I really hope Cherry doesn't share any of his mates character traits, because if he starts to display them, and we honestly don't know him as well as the Manly players do (maybe they've picked up on something), I would vote for let him go and start again.

My dear old Dad had a saying that rings true every single time, in all aspects of life. He would tell me often, "Water and people are exactly the same, they will always find their own level and mix well together". I hope he is wrong in this case ( sorry Dad :( )

Please note; This post is FULL of assumptions and innuendo (no, not the Italian suppository). I feel I am now ready for a job in print media. :D

mozgrame said:
Here's another angle. What if the players are pissed off with Cherry for being mates (as I am told, and still don't want to believe ;)) with a horrible little germ that is proud of his association with a bunch of wankers known as the EBC, or whatever the stupid name is they gave themselves. A little prick that is willing to sleep with a team mates Wife/Partner, with no respect given to his own family, team mates or morals in general. A selfish little mongrel who made his name at a pack of mongrels, and then finally committed the ultimate DOG act against his "friend", and his own Partner and Child(?).

You can't judge a player by his mates, I know. We have to do what is best for the club, I know. DCE is the future of the club and must be retained to help ensure our future success, I know. But if their mateship is real, and strong, I can't help but feel a little sad or disappointed in DCE. I really hope Cherry doesn't share any of his mates character traits, because if he starts to display them, and we honestly don't know him as well as the Manly players do (maybe they've picked up on something), I would vote for let him go and start again.

My dear old Dad had a saying that rings true every single time, in all aspects of life. He would tell me often, "Water and people are exactly the same, they will always find their own level and mix well together". I hope he is wrong in this case ( sorry Dad :( )

Please note; This post is FULL of assumptions and innuendo (no, not the Italian suppository). I feel I am now ready for a job in print media. :D

I don't think that's a fair assessment. I have mates, close mates, who have made poor choices in life, but a good mate stands by them regardless and tries to help them through it. Being judgmental is probably not what a wayward mate needs.

ManlyMit said:
By the looks of it the senior playing group were pissed off with DCE for taking up cap space that could of been used to keep Gifty, with no intention of staying with the club and going of to the Broncs. DCE tells Choc to take a chill pill and that he's gonna be sticking around for awhile and all is well at Manly!

Hope that was the deal anyways lol

This is also how I see it.

For the dull, as my old mate Alan may say, my previous post was, I would have thought, obviously tongue in cheek material.

Meaning ; tongue in cheek - Phrase of tongue. Speaking or writing in an ironic or insincere way.

"one suspects that he is writing with tongue in cheek"

Here is a picture to help illustrate.

mozgrame said:
For the dull, as my old mate Alan may say, my previous post was, I would have thought, obviously tongue in cheek material.

Meaning ; tongue in cheek - Phrase of tongue. Speaking or writing in an ironic or insincere way.

Most humble and sincere apologies ;)

Ralphie said:
mozgrame said:

Most humble and sincere apologies ;)

Haha! Funny bugger. Hey, that reminds me, I didn't apologise to Alan. Meh. Oh well....I'll say it here. Sorry Alan. If he sees it he sees it. Sees sees lol. Why the hell don't they make bacon flavoured CC's anymore?? I ate my last packet in 1987 and haven't seen them since. :mad:

mozgrame said:
Haha! Funny bugger. Hey, that reminds me, I didn't apologise to Alan. Meh. Oh well....I'll say it here. Sorry Alan. If he sees it he sees it. Sees sees lol. Why the hell don't they make bacon flavoured CC's anymore?? I ate my last packet in 1987 and haven't seen them since. :mad:

I must be getting silly, I don't know why you are apologising to me Mozzie. But please, this is one arguement I have managed to stay out of.

Alan said:
mozgrame said:

I must be getting silly, I don't know why you are apologising to me Mozzie. But please, this is one arguement I have managed to stay out of.

argument

lollerskates! heeheehee

Alan said:
mozgrame said:

I was one of the dullards that got caught up in the "Are tendons heavier than fullbacks?" or what ever that thread was. In my defence however, I didn't actually read any of the previous posts in that thread. lol

Sadly...nobody seemed to get my amazingly funny joke in that same thread about Kevin Bacon snapping his Achilles tendon in Footloose. Haha! That joke is hilarious!! Bacon......HEY...what about those bacon CC's :mad::mad: Who's with me??

Chip and Chase said:
RiverEagle said:

People have been feeding off the rumours for months, and demanding the club or players speak up.....

Choc does so in a sensible, relaxed manner (that the senior guys are upset over Gift leaving and a little uneasy about a changing-of-the-guard is normal BTW ) and he's STILL in the wrong?

I'd much rather rely on what comes out of their mouths (in this case Choc) not innuendoe and here-steria!

And I do feel better for what Choc's opinion is worth, tho ppl still see it for something else.

I don't mind him doing an interview, but he should be saying "there are no issues". What him and DCE want to work out behind closed doors is their business and one would hope (as grown men) that they can work it out sufficiently to achieve their goal. I assume we all have jobs here, so we know that there are always workplace frictions and it's not always happy families but we shouldn't be feeding trolls like Weirdler.

It's not the end of the world but I'm just a little disappointed that Choc feels this needs to be made public.

It was already public!!! I like that after this interview, the subject isn't about 'speculation the players hate either and don't get on'. Choc addresses the rumours directly and makes a case that is easily accepted by listeners...big group of guys and not everybody will be best mates, but we'll deal with the issues like men.

Simples.

@Globaleagle, you are a first rate pest, you could give pest lessons to deranged blow-flys.

If @Rivereagle moves to Albury we are going to have a BBQ at his place and throw rocks across the border at Mexicans.

Hamster Huey said:
Chip and Chase said:
RiverEagle said:

It was already public!!! I like that after this interview, the subject isn't about 'speculation the players hate either and don't get on'. Choc addresses the rumours directly and makes a case that is easily accepted by listeners...big group of guys and not everybody will be best mates, but we'll deal with the issues like men.

Simples.

Maybe too simples :dodgy: lol

Alan said:
@Globaleagle, you are a first rate pest, you could give pest lessons to deranged blow-flys.

If @Rivereagle moves to Albury we are going to have a BBQ at his place and throw rocks across the border at Mexicans.

My job is done!

:cool:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8