Darcy injured in first hit up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Any half-arsed high school mathematician will tell you that any "football" stat is meaningless without pages of explanatory notes. They are simply interesting pieces of information ... as a quantitative guide they can be useful, however as a qualitative guide they are limited.

One game cannot be compared to another game unless it was played against exactly the same opposition at the same time of day at the same location with the same refs with the same weather conditions with exactly the same team-mates inter-changed at exactly the same time with the same penalty count etc etc ad nauseum .......

It is a "stat" that we won when Kapow was suspended ..... so is it then a fact that we go better when he is suspended .......
Stats are a very useful tool that reveal crucial information and smart operators can take full advantage of them .
Stats are critical to a modern day coaches game plan. Elite coaches like Bellamy use stats to make better decisions on game day .
The astute and Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton was big on stats when he coached Manly and Australia .
1429243964446.jpg

Statistically speaking, I've gauged that the majority here consider statistics, statistically valid. Not sure about the mini and bikini analogies. I'll have to look up on those ones.

I think Darcy is pretty important to the team.

Yes he gives away a few penalties , and sadly isn’t as consistent as he should be but I think we are a better side when he and Marty start off and AFB comes on from bench.

Stats aside of course.

Do you know who else needs to step up....anyone who has not joined the tipping comp.

As i "posted" (well spammed) in another thread

Do not like tipping? Bah humbug...you would not be on a supporter site if you did not have an opinion.
Are bad at tipping? Well there is the prestiege of the weekly write up...and the last fan standing comp
Do not have the money? This is a tough one as I know plenty do it tough but the cost of a years support is less than entry to a game or a round of beers.

Could Manly offer the experienced Jeff Lima or Rory O'Brian a 1 year contract? There's a young dude from the Titans, Oshae Tuiasau, who's doesn't have a contract, 116kg's, 22yrs. He might fit in well with our young and upcoming forwards.
We have enough good young up and coming props looking for an opportunity. Thanks but no thanks.

Hard to drop anyone at this rate. Parker was outstanding as well, but Walker just has to get his spot back.

Hard to drop anyone at this rate. Parker was outstanding as well, but Walker just has to get his spot back.

When walker in fit and firing he is the best right centre in the NRL. Parkers form allows him more time to recover from that ankle injury, mabye even a game in blacktown to get him ready.

Yeah Lussick is no certainty. He may have to wait in black town till either injuries or origin (i.e. turbos and DCE called into SOO squads)

I think Darcy is pretty important to the team.

Yes he gives away a few penalties , and sadly isn’t as consistent as he should be but I think we are a better side when he and Marty start off and AFB comes on from bench.

Stats aside of course.
When I first saw Darcy a few years ago I was excited - physically and the aggressive way he played actually reminded me of Ian Roberts. But mixed form and injuries over the last few years and I'm starting to think he may end up the bloke with all the potential in the world but it never quite clicked. I really hope I'm wrong because Darcy playing at his best week in week out is probably an Origin player. Really hope this year he turns the corner when he's fit again. Go Manly

Tough decisions for Baz ahead.

Lussick isn't on the same level as Walker to warrant an auto selection back into the 1st grade team.

He will need to bide his time in ISP and play well.
If Darcy has to come back then he'll have to work himself in as a starting prop. He's a loose cannon when he comes off the bench. But with AFB doing so well as starting prop, do we really need Darcy there now?

If Darcy has to come back then he'll have to work himself in as a starting prop. He's a loose cannon when he comes off the bench. But with AFB doing so well as starting prop, do we really need Darcy there now?

Agree but also feel AFB isn't bending the line quite as much as he used to (playing against fresh guys will do that) so could go back to the bench without losing anything.

In saying that, at this stage Lane, Tanginoa and Perrett all deserve to stay on the bench so really it's a gain some fitness at Blacktown and force your way back in and or wait for an injury for Darcy.

The good news is we have 3 guys who can start and handle it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10