Darcy injured in first hit up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think lane will be dropped for lussick. He doesn’t deserve it but I think Kelpi brings a bit of spark and ups the tempo I tiny bit more the Lane

I think lane will be dropped for lussick. He doesn’t deserve it but I think Kelpi brings a bit of spark and ups the tempo I tiny bit more the Lane
I can’t see it unless his form drops. Lane has started on fire and Barrett has a wrap on him.

Darcy will start in Blacktown first and poor form from our pack, or injuries will be his only way back.

It will probably be lane or Perrett to drop. But I hope Darcy plays at least one week for Blacktown just for the match fitness and confidence building.

How many more weeks till he’s back ? He has given these other guys a bit of a head start, but yesterday wasn’t what you call a tough game so I’d want to see Lane Tangles and Perrett back it up for another couple of weeks. They’ll probably shine again against the butter fingered Burgii this week. Lussick Ver2017 wasn’t much chop anyway so he has to find something to force his way back in.

I think it will be Perrett who loses out.
Darcy to starting prop(when ready) and AFB taking Perrett's spot. These 2 could rotate depending on how each is going.

I think it will be Perrett who loses out.
Darcy to starting prop(when ready) and AFB taking Perrett's spot. These 2 could rotate depending on how each is going.

I don’t think AFB can be dropped to the bench, he’s played in excess of 25 mins in the first half (longer than Marty) as a starting prop both games so far and has been outstanding.

Darcy will be the one that needs earn his place in the team and that’ll be from the bench.

Imo there is no way Lussick should walk straight into the 17 while our forwards are playing the way that are. Lussick will have to prove himself at Blacktown untill he plays his way into the side or injury

I don’t think AFB can be dropped to the bench, he’s played in excess of 25 mins in the first half (longer than Marty) as a starting prop both games so far and has been outstanding.

Darcy will be the one that needs earn his place in the team and that’ll be from the bench.

I understand your sentiment and i did say "when ready" while referring to Lussick. I never advocated him "automatically deserving" ANY spot.

My choices have nothing to do with who "earned" or didn't earn the starting "number"or any perceived prestige in starting... it's about having the best rotation.
I don't agree with the perceived grandeur around starting, as opposed to being bench. It's a 17 man game! It's pompous, backward thinking! You should use 17 players the way they ALL serve the team best as a whole.

This is a business and the pride of our great club and supporters is at stake.

Sentiment of "awarding"/wearing a number 8 or 10 as opposed to a 14 or 15 is not how something is maximised.

All teams rotate their props EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. Why match like against like, there's no advantage there.
Why not change it up to gain an advantage and small things can make a BIG difference.

AFB played 25 minutes straight up and did great. He is even better when coming on against tired opposition and Lussick is better as a starter than a bench rotation.

I would have Lussick (again, when he's ready) minutes 1-20 and 41-60 and AFB 20-40 and 60-80.
A fresh AFB against tired opposition twice.
Lussick to do the hard stuff against fresh guys twice, but the second time he's had a 30 min break and his opponents only 10 minutes.
BIG difference!

Geeze, the bench starter can wear number 8 or 10 instead of 14 or 15 if it means that much.

The Kapow/Tanga rotation maybe works best as it is now, maybe even better if both prop rotations are scheduled the same.

We have 8 interchanges this year so lets use them before it is reduced to only 6 next year.

3 interchanges on the Lussick/AFB rotation, 2 on the Kapow/Tanga rotation and 3 left to use depending on how the game pans out. Maybe 3 on the Kapow/Tanga too. if it provides an advantage.
Heaven forbid we use a free HIA interchange, as many teams frequently do already.

I think Lussick WILL BE the best man for the job, but rotate this way with Perrett or someone else if he doesn't prove to be the one.

Thinking outside the box provides advantages.

Last edited:
AFB is fitter in 2018 and has earned his starting spot....and personally think opposition teams would feel relieved to see less of him.
As for Perrett - there’s no way I would not have him in the 17 provided he plays with the energy he showed against Eels.
Lussick needs to fight from Blacktown to win back a spot, otherwise it’s a slap in the face to the pack who performed so well.

Lussick will need to get back into that early to mid 2017 form if Perret continues to to perform.

He was pretty average last year, needs to be better than that.

Played 10 good games from around June in 2016 where he was as good as anyone before getting injured in August, if that Lussick returns then he will be starting again.

He was pretty average last year, needs to be better than that.

Played 10 good games from around June in 2016 where he was as good as anyone before getting injured in August, if that Lussick returns then he will be starting again.
That was 2016? I thought that was last year

Edit: it was whatever year his mother passed away. He was brutal after that then by late in the season we was back to his usual ways

Last edited:
I understand your sentiment and i did say "when ready" while referring to Lussick. I never advocated him "automatically deserving" ANY spot.

My choices have nothing to do with who "earned" or didn't earn the starting "number"or any perceived prestige in starting... it's about having the best rotation.
I don't agree with the perceived grandeur around starting, as opposed to being bench. It's a 17 man game! It's pompous, backward thinking! You should use 17 players the way they ALL serve the team best as a whole.

This is a business and the pride of our great club and supporters is at stake.

Sentiment of "awarding"/wearing a number 8 or 10 as opposed to a 14 or 15 is not how something is maximised.

All teams rotate their props EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. Why match like against like, there's no advantage there.
Why not change it up to gain an advantage and small things can make a BIG difference.

AFB played 25 minutes straight up and did great. He is even better when coming on against tired opposition and Lussick is better as a starter than a bench rotation.

I would have Lussick (again, when he's ready) minutes 1-20 and 41-60 and AFB 20-40 and 60-80.
A fresh AFB against tired opposition twice.
Lussick to do the hard stuff against fresh guys twice, but the second time he's had a 30 min break and his opponents only 10 minutes.
BIG difference!

Geeze, the bench starter can wear number 8 or 10 instead of 14 or 15 if it means that much.

The Kapow/Tanga rotation maybe works best as it is now, maybe even better if both prop rotations are scheduled the same.

We have 8 interchanges this year so lets use them before it is reduced to only 6 next year.

3 interchanges on the Lussick/AFB rotation, 2 on the Kapow/Tanga rotation and 3 left to use depending on how the game pans out. Maybe 3 on the Kapow/Tanga too. if it provides an advantage.
Heaven forbid we use a free HIA interchange, as many teams frequently do already.

I think Lussick WILL BE the best man for the job, but rotate this way with Perrett or someone else if he doesn't prove to be the one.

Thinking outside the box provides advantages.
I don't understand the "against tired opposition". When the prop rotation (usually at 20 mins) happens the opposition too replace their props. So it is fresh players against fresh players.

AFB is fitter in 2018 and has earned his starting spot....and personally think opposition teams would feel relieved to see less of him.
As for Perrett - there’s no way I would not have him in the 17 provided he plays with the energy he showed against Eels.
Lussick needs to fight from Blacktown to win back a spot, otherwise it’s a slap in the face to the pack who performed so well.
This X 2

I don't understand the "against tired opposition". When the prop rotation (usually at 20 mins) happens the opposition too replace their props. So it is fresh players against fresh players.

Ok, every team does their prop rotation around the 20 minute mark, the bench props play until 1/2 time then return again after only a 10 min rest.

Another option is to re-bench the prop rotation at 1/2 time and bring back the starting props for the start of the second half. These starting props have had a 30 min rest, as opposed to the opponents 2nd half starters only have had a 10 min rest.
The original bench props can then return around the 60 min mark after having a 30 min break as well.
This option uses 2 more interchanges if all props are rotated this way.

Lussick named on the reserves. Interesting to see whether he's a late inclusion come Saturday afternoon. Does anyone know if he's been named in the BWSE side?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8