Darryl Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes but the club also needs more than just businessmen, administrators and PR gurus. It needs 'good blokes' who also have top level league experience and a strong history with Manly.

I just think that if there's a vacant position and/or a new position then it would be advertised to see if some strong candidates come forward, and the job is filled by merit. I hope this is the case.

• 👍
Reactions: God
Matabele said:
I just think that if there's a vacant position and/or a new position then it would be advertised to see if some strong candidates come forward, and the job is filled by merit. I hope this is the case.

Fair point.

Sorry for the long post but I’m answering several points raised above…?

For those still not sure - The MWSE board and its set up is not really complicated if you understand that the club has “4 owners”

2 privately owned companies (Quantum and Penn Sports) and the Leagues Club and Football Clubs (that are member owned.)

The MWSE club has a board of directors that manage the club (The “Sea Eagles” NRL Franchise if you like) and is made up of representatives of the 4 owners.

That is why the “Sack the board” or the “Board must go” posts are nonsensical – no board - means no owners - means no money - means no team?

Although a person may represent one of the owners at the MWSE board table they don’t necessarily need to be a director or owner of the entity they are representing (But of course the owners wouldn’t just choose any old random to be there on their behalf!)

One thing that has been overlooked during this whole saga (and worth remembering!) is that that the people who own the club or represent the owners or sit on the various boards are supporters as well – they wouldn’t be putting cash, time and effort if they weren’t?

Matabele - I wondered if there was a reason for your original post...but again it appears to be of a vexatious nature – however, in the spirit of trying to keep the forum positive - here goes…..

See here the reason for his involvement: http://www.silvertails.net/news/5977-new-eagles-peacemaker

I’d suggest his credentials as posted above would show he has ample ability and background in senior RL positions (often in a very political landscape) to cover the role.

Remember it is not a job per se but a volunteer role?

MWSE board meetings are generally held once a month (or as needed)

There have been calls for more player and ex-player involvement so I’d like to think that his involvement was as a result of those comments?

Vacancies and appointments such as this are covered in the Leagues Club constitution.

Tookey – Peter Spray (Who is the CEO of the Leagues Club) was previously appointed to represent them at MWSE level – so Darrell now fulfils that role (but as mentioned is not on the board of the Leagues Club).

Re your questions re player and coaching staff contracts – sorry, as I’m not fully in the picture on the full terms and conditions of the people mentioned I don’t feel comfortable in making statements about them on a public forum.
Players and coaching staff are employed by the MWSE (not the Football Club) so they would be best placed to make any comments re that?

Canteen Worker – The representatives of the FC and LC are selected by the respective boards (as per the constitution – 25.2 in the case of the FC)

Re Zorba – he will join the FC board at the next AGM – there may be times (as there are with his current role on the Leagues Club board) when it apparent that he would have a conflict of interest on some matters and absent himself from discussions or abstain from voting – I can’t give specifics but, again, these aspects are covered in the constitution and it is something that Peter would be fully aware of.

Thanks Vidmar. So can I confirm it's a volunteer role for Williams then? So no payment?

Not being vexatious, just curious about the new people coming on board to help out.

To the very best of my knowledge it is voluntary and there is no payment for the role - I would be very surprised if there were?

(There is a small stipend for Leagues Club directors which is disclosed in the annual report but he is not a director so thta would not apply)

vidmar said:
To the very best of my knowledge it is voluntary and there is no payment for the role - I would be very surprised if there were?

Okay, good to know. Certainly lowers the levels of expectation that might apply to him.

Matas, Matas, Matas, just let it go mate. Let's see some optimism please. I note that William's role will be to get the old players back into the fold. Now that can't be bad, can it? Get inside the tent brother, instead of pissing in.

Why would volunteering = low levels of expectation? I actually have higher expectation as it is evident that he feels passionately or strongly enough to give up his time for the club.

As my last post indicates I'm satisfied with this situation now Vidmar has provided clarification. It doesn't hurt to ask does it?

voicefromthehill said:
Why would volunteering = low levels of expectation? I actually have higher expectation as it is evident that he feels passionately or strongly enough to give up his time for the club.

It means narks like me can cut him some slack, because as you suggest he is giving up his time for the benefit of the club.

Jesus Matas, volunteering doesn't mean something less than professional. There's no 'slack' to cut. Mate, the way you qualify everything corrupts what your point is. You insinuate Williams, by volunteering his services, may not provide a 'complete' service, thereby lessening any critisism that you might send his way. I'm sure Williams would not want to be condescended to as such. Be positive. Leave the nark. It's no good. Trust me

That may be as you see it, and may be as it is in your organization, but there are many people out there volunteering their services in a professional manner and would resent the implication. Let's see how Williams goes, without discounting his 'volunteer' status, before you get the knife out, metaphorically speaking. OK?

I don't have the knife out Mr Conspiracy Theory.

Volunteerism is excellent, noble and essential to the economy. Very often the volunteer will out perform an employee, but from the perspective of management there are different requirements, particularly when it comes to compulsion.

Williams will hopefully do a fine job.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7