DCE 2 more years and coaching gig

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
as for coaching, i see nothing in his game that suggests he will be a good coach. his footy IQ on field is astounding low at crucial moments which suggests he may not have a feel for the game. but that means squat and he might be a really good coach like the walker brothers who are heavily focussed on high risk attacking play

if schuster is to be 6 i dont see him and chez giving us the partnership we need to take it to the next level however potent that they can be. not enough steady hands

as of current form i dont see DCE having an easy transition to coaching his team mates. he makes many mistakes and his game hasnt really progressed much in a long time. this and them being all buddy buddy team mates one minute to something different might cause a few difficult moments. he best be thoughtful with his advice

as for signing him up now. I was hoping playing for a contract next year with the NOV 1 thingy might inspire some more consistent efforts. he generally hits a purple patch around pre origin and manly needs some of that purple too after putting so much trust in him to lead the club for so long.

one thing for sure. if he was as good as people say he would have 10 clubs lining up the mega money deals to . when the best come on the market every club wants a sniff

not my favourite player but he could add value at the right price. by the end of this deal he is a benji like bench player and freddy fill in as manly need to get cracking with some new halves

are we on the cusp or a turbo viches and fainu boy era

as for coaching, i see nothing in his game that suggests he will be a good coach. his footy IQ on field is astounding low at crucial moments which suggests he may not have a feel for the game. but that means squat and he might be a really good coach like the walker brothers who are heavily focussed on high risk attacking play

if schuster is to be 6 i dont see him and chez giving us the partnership we need to take it to the next level however potent that they can be. not enough steady hands

as of current form i dont see DCE having an easy transition to coaching his team mates. he makes many mistakes and his game hasnt really progressed much in a long time. this and them being all buddy buddy team mates one minute to something different might cause a few difficult moments. he best be thoughtful with his advice

as for signing him up now. I was hoping playing for a contract next year with the NOV 1 thingy might inspire some more consistent efforts. he generally hits a purple patch around pre origin and manly needs some of that purple too after putting so much trust in him to lead the club for so long.

one thing for sure. if he was as good as people say he would have 10 clubs lining up the mega money deals to . when the best come on the market every club wants a sniff

not my favourite player but he could add value at the right price. by the end of this deal he is a benji like bench player and freddy fill in as manly need to get cracking with some new halves

Are the Walker bros successful though?? Never coached an NRL team? But I agree with you 100 percent. The preliminary is the perfect example

Stats all your rubbish doesn't add up in the stats not in the error list,4th with Teddy in the Dally M,he had a slow start to the year but the backend was was really good, you don't have to tell us he is not your favourite player that point comes across loud and clear

Sorry mate, I usually find I agree with most of your points and opinions than most on here BR.. but definitely not this one. Your saying your glad some people aren't in control of our cap but at the same time willing to throw a mil at a player 2 years away for another 2 years who will then be 34 going on 36!? To me, that is the definition of bad cap management. There are way too many variables
Only time will tell I guess but its a bit like the house prices at the moment. Its a supply and demand issue... There is bugger all good halves out there so why would we let ours go? Maybe the 1 mil is in the high end for his last contract but it was just a ballpark figure but I still don't think its far off the money.

In response.
1. Apparently it was Manly who went to Chez not the other way around. If we lost Chez who would we go and sign???
2. Other than Reynolds, Cleary and Munster who would you want in our halves? Reynolds is at Brisbane long term, put a line through Cleary and Munster will be at Storm or Dolphins.
3. Chez is an elite athlete and is in as good shape as any guy 3 or 4 years younger than him.
4. When is the last time Manly developed a #7? Chez maybe??? and who would you have in mind to develop? We have Schuster and Latu Fainu. Fainu would be what 20 or 21 when Chez retires, that seems about perfect timing.
Schuster could take over Foz in 2023 and Fainu can work his way in from the bench and filling in to start his career.
Schuster and Fainu will have us winning GFs which has not happened since Evans and Foran were in their early 20s .We would rather move on Evans and Foran than Schuster and Fainu .

Schuster and Fainu will have us winning GFs which has not happened since Evans and Foran were in their early 20s .We would rather move on Evans and Foran than Schuster and Fainu .
Fainu........... the messiah?? He really has some talent but we need to forget all about that talent until he gets through the court case, gets through the training, gets back on the field.... and gets back into first grade... and plays with the same skill level. A hell of a lot of ifs there.

Latu Fainu is 16! Even when Chez retires age 36 he would still only be 20. Or are you saying he should be our halfback when he is 18?
I wouldn't be surprised to see the DCE extension as part of our long term succession plan but Fainu is still a few years away yet.

Say we don't extend Chez, we then have to go buy a half to fill in for a couple years until Fainu is ready, why bother going through that massive change to your #7 for such a short time. Fainu will be a superstar and can start his apprenticeship under DCE now and for the next few years. It just makes sense. After all why would we go sign someone else who would then be blocking Fainu's development?
I've heard people saying extend DCE but for 500k, that's laughable... does anyone really think we will get him for that???

If they find that DCE is a lousy coach in (what?) five years, will they be committed to keep him?

What does coaching role mean ?

For those pointing out why he could not coach comparing to him playing today are thinking much too literal

Snake could not be head coach but excelled at being around the team for a whole number of reasons
Toovey began this way also and other manly champs

DCE and manly would be thinking 5 - 7 years away with a possible different model for Des to include coaching operational roles and support positions

Read it this way
Hey DCE
Play out your time here and be a one club player
Your the role model that along with Des we want to foster long term

We have a window to win immediately with you leading the team on the field and then another to transition young players to extend this window over a ten year period

We need you and your work ethic around the club to teach our youngster what it means to be formidable

Together with Des and our current crop you could transition into a future head coaching role and help create our next dynasty

In the meantime dump QLD and make us the priority

Just like your 10 year playing contract we gave another 10 years and a pathway to give.

Stand along side our greats and create a legacy

Anyways
Just my read
Go manly

Fainu........... the messiah?? He really has some talent but we need to forget all about that talent until he gets through the court case, gets through the training, gets back on the field.... and gets back into first grade... and plays with the same skill level. A hell of a lot of ifs there.
Sorry but I meant the Fainu ( 6 ) that is coming through the pathways and if he is not ready by 2024, play Cust and Schuster in the halves .

With NSW now open, surely Fainu's case will now be brought forward, when he was stood down it was virtually the start of the pandemic, you would have to think he would be very near the top of the queue and be the first cab of the rank to be called. It's been a hell of a ride for him and hopefully a character building one for Manase.

With NSW now open, surely Fainu's case will now be brought forward, when he was stood down it was virtually the start of the pandemic, you would have to think he would be very near the top of the queue and be the first cab of the rank to be called. It's been a hell of a ride for him and hopefully a character building one for Manase.
Manly should be really pushing the NRL to change this stand down. The rule was never meant to put someone, who hasn't been found guilty of an offence, out for 2 years. At the very least he should be able to play the next level down which isn't run by the NRL.
Would love to know what Manly is doing to change this decision. So much for innocent to proven guilty. In the mean time players guilty of taking drugs and other offences are free to play.

No one knows what his market value will be in 2023 when his current contract ends, that's the point!
Yeah and its a void argument. We don't know anyones value in 2 years. Same goes with Turbo, if he misses 2 more years with hammy issues then that could end his career but I guarantee people will still be taking the risk signing him long term!!! Using your logic NO club should sign a player beyond 2 years as we don't know what their worth will be.

Last edited:
Think that part of D C E "s current contract includes the marquee allowance so just of interest , not sure if that can be transferable to another contracted player but on current indications , Manly are definitely inclined to retain him post 2023 . Maybe the marquee allowance will be again used to contribute to any new contract arrangement . Guess that there will have to be a call on his services this time next year , will he still be able to command 1 . 3 mil a season , no doubt a few different factors will determine that .

Manly should be really pushing the NRL to change this stand down. The rule was never meant to put someone, who hasn't been found guilty of an offence, out for 2 years. At the very least he should be able to play the next level down which isn't run by the NRL.
Would love to know what Manly is doing to change this decision. So much for innocent to proven guilty. In the mean time players guilty of taking drugs and other offences are free to play.
Good points rosco, my thoughts go back to when Brett was hung out to dry missed a lot of footy, then found out the accuser was making it all up. What a travesty of justice to have this happen to you. Manly need to pull a few strings, surely we know people in high places, just get it done !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8