DCE Fronts Media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher

Got to say do feel for the bloke

Despite my recent postings you can see he is gutted and definitely cares a lot about the squad.
Hope he gets us through this period and can laugh at the blokes like me who doubted him & the team.

GL this Thursday DCE, I'm sure you'll need it but I'm sure you'll conquer soon, if not v Penrith then it can't be too far away.

Still can't get past Des saying he had no intention of player changes versus Cowboys approach of dropping players....potentially.

Reckon same old same old...Panthers by 21+

In fact I'd be happy if we managed to score a few tries. Have to be off the back of the forwards as the backs suck!

DCE has excelled at all levels

The Great DCE is going through a duck period Just like Great batsman do and Greg Chappel did with with 7 ducks in a row and DCE has got his 3

What I believe happened to our team is the mediocre players that Des keeps backing and selecting created a comfort zone of complacency and have brought the whole team down to their incompetent level .

I have not lost faith in DCE because Great proven players that excelled at all levels always bounce back and when he does so too will our team

Last edited:
I feel for DCE having to front the media and try to put a spin on a disastrous situation.
What can he say?
Does he tell it like it is and risk alienating his teammates, coaches and his employers? No, of course not. He will just wheel out cliches like politicians do.
Perhaps the NRL should ease up on the amount of forced player interviews which are meaningless anyway.

I’m not going to bother listening.

And I’m not feeling sorry for him either.

He’s not totally to blame for our current dilemma but you also have to agree he’s a 1.3 million a year player who is playing like a $200k rookie.

He, and his mates have to show us some fight and we’ve seen very little of that as yet !!

He is just going to blab on how they are close and this is the week..same crap all the time..but never i have to lift my game and guide the boys on the field better im sorry to all the fans i am working hard and i will do my best to regain form

I hate when the players front the media. It ends up being embarrassing to everyone then they end up with egg on their faces if they dont perform. You talk the talk, now you have to walk the walk on the field

When asked what went wrong he didn't address the massive errors the team made, including the basic kick out on the full. If you are going to turn over possession then there is no chance of turning your season around. Plus I dont feel sorry for him. He gets paid the big bucks regardless of win, loss, covid etc..

Go the eagles!

What can he say?
Does he tell it like it is and risk alienating his teammates, coaches and his employers?
Hmmmm, I reckon that telling it 'like it is' might actually garner him a few kudos from the rest of the boys......

"Look, I'm on as dream life contract and struggling to put more than one top notch performance in per year, I'm really hoping to double my annual output in the weeks to come to show the boys we are in this together!'

Poor mate, he finished the interview with,

“We have a good squad and good coaches, so we feel that this week should be it“

I think,

We also have denial and no idea so I feel that this week will be more of the same.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8