DCE to sign with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ahh hmm....as a member of 'Animal Safe 'n Sound', otherwise known as ASS, I hope that your love-making was metaphorical !
OK I'm bored! Where's the team list damn it!

No. And its not current. A falling out between Stewarts and DCE old news. And it is easy to turn your back and pretend their is no faction incuding Penn, Peters and Stewarts. Blame DCE all you's want when he is gone because that is the easy way out and the problem will still exist. Who will be their next victim, Buhrer, Symonds? They are mates with DCE and don't run with the Peters/Stewart group.

Sorry Trev .... that is not entirely true at all... alot of Chinese whispers going on there...

this is not ONLY DCE's fault..

ill just add this " too many chiefs and not enough indians " at the moment..

I wont be surprised , if both re-sign.. Unity may still be struggling.

i just have no idea , why the delay with announcements.
announcements of good or bad

Last edited:
Sorry Trev .... that is not entirely true at all... alot of Chinese whispers going on there...

this is not ONLY DCE's fault..

ill just add this " too many chiefs and not enough indians " at the moment..

I wont be surprised , if both re-sign.. Unity may still be struggling.

i just have no idea , why the delay with announcements.
announcements of good or bad
We only have one The Indian

As deflated as many of us feel I think that most players today are reasonably professional, and those that make a decision to go elsewhere probably still play ok for their existing club.

A really great example was Ronnie " Rambo" Gibbs, in the middle of 87 season ( and one of the first ever to do so) signed with the Gold Coast, and I well remember the calls to " drop him to reserve grade", but Boz didn't , he played him and it was Ronnies finest hour playing a huge hand in the finals.

So despite my occasional glum comment, and glass half empty approach I'd be surprised if we don't go ok in 2015.

And if 2016 is a rebuild year , so be it, won't be the first, and I'm sure not the last.

I've had many ups and downs since I first became an Eagle lover in 1963, we have been truly blessed this last decade and to be brutally honest it had to come to and end sometime.
I remember Ronnie Gibbs, a centre turned backrower who could hit like Terry Randall. I somehow always wondered if he'd ever regretted taking the money and running.

Like yourself (and a similar vintage) I've been feeling a little put off by our halves drama. Although today something just clicked, and I realised being peeved off at the two indecisive players is a real slap in the face for the other 15 guys who are going to run on and bust their guts for our club.
Win or lose, as long the boy's make a game of it on Friday night that's all I care about.

As deflated as many of us feel I think that most players today are reasonably professional, and those that make a decision to go elsewhere probably still play ok for their existing club.

A really great example was Ronnie " Rambo" Gibbs, in the middle of 87 season ( and one of the first ever to do so) signed with the Gold Coast, and I well remember the calls to " drop him to reserve grade", but Boz didn't , he played him and it was Ronnies finest hour playing a huge hand in the finals.

So despite my occasional glum comment, and glass half empty approach I'd be surprised if we don't go ok in 2015.

And if 2016 is a rebuild year , so be it, won't be the first, and I'm sure not the last.

I've had many ups and downs since I first became an Eagle lover in 1963, we have been truly blessed this last decade and to be brutally honest it had to come to and end sometime.
Yep I remember that all very well-he had a dynamite last season and it was a real shock he left us. All downhill from there for Rampaging Ronnie (NB FOZ & DCE)

Yep I remember that all very well-he had a dynamite last season and it was a real shock he left us. All downhill from there for Rampaging Ronnie (NB FOZ & DCE)
Yes the 87 gf was his last good game. Career suicide. And they ripped him off. They reneged on giving him a block of land they promised. Promises promises from the Gold Coast.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Ronnie Gibbs 1 of my all time favourites just had 2 look this up. 87 I loved this game if you can't watch the full game go 2 about the 20 minute mark and check out Rambo's try just awesome. I watched this game again about a week ago what a team wouldn't be able 2 field it today with the cap.

Yes the 87 gf was his last good game. Career suicide. And they ripped him off. They reneged on giving him a block of land they promised. Promises promises from the Gold Coast.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

He should have done his due diligence...

I remember Ronnie Gibbs, a centre turned backrower who could hit like Terry Randall. I somehow always wondered if he'd ever regretted taking the money and running.

Like yourself (and a similar vintage) I've been feeling a little put off by our halves drama. Although today something just clicked, and I realised being peeved off at the two indecisive players is a real slap in the face for the other 15 guys who are going to run on and bust their guts for our club.
Win or lose, as long the boy's make a game of it on Friday night that's all I care about.
Yep, I have been pissed off ( very), but the other guys are happy in the jersey so why should we penalise them because two Prima Donnas can't make a simple decision .

Ronnie Gibbs 1 of my all time favourites just had 2 look this up. 87 I loved this game if you can't watch the full game go 2 about the 20 minute mark and check out Rambo's try just awesome. I watched this game again about a week ago what a team wouldn't be able 2 field it today with the cap.
2nd tackle of the game, Rambo on Mario wow!!

At
At the game that day and got my jumper signed by the mighty bomb thrower and his wife
The down side was got flogged outside by a a group of their supporters but still have the jumper today

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8