DCE v Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
going by other post on here with manly being a myth and the performance last night not good enough. lets all remember that we were without snake, matai, wolfman and big george.

The fact that have come out of the last three weeks:

we have a quality and international standard 5/8, some young kids have emerge like hoppa, oldfeild, buhrer, T.robinson, etc.

But the one issue i have realised is we are missing a quality halfback. We let one go to the dogs last year.If Ox was playing everyone would be screaming down the Forum what makes dce exception to that rule.

Last night his kicking game was dreadful. his long kicks were going over the dead ball line or he would kick it straight down the throat of merrit. One of merrit tries was from him receive the ball on the full and put the manly forward on the back foot, 2 tackles later ingles gets around lyon and merrit goes in for a try. it was all because of the go forward from merrit kick return.

Try assist in the trials and first three rounds for DCE stand zero. Thank God we have kieren is our side.

I have seen Liam foran in NSW cup and in the trials and he is a quality halfback. he organises the attack and takes control while DCE does not do that. He might need more time. But can we afford to have more time in the 1st grade. Lets not forget we were down 32-14 with 9mins to go. forget the close scoreline.

The issue with DCE is, he looks lost out there. He doesn't know if he should run or pass. His pass game is flat at best and him running to the line is an easy target for the opposition. He is very confused out there. If he wants to become a quality half then he needs to take control and step up another 10 levels to even become and normal 1st grade half back.

My choice for halfback at the club at this stage would be Liam Foran.

I know i will be bagged on this article but look at it as to what is best for the team next week against the sharks.

fair assessment Slick, on League Unlimited he is being bagged by people who watched the game like:

And people have the hide to call Chris Sandow rubbish.

Ordinary, ordinary player. Field kicking, goal kicking, awareness — the lot.

Dave Taylor has shown he's a better half than this hack.

And that's from a Rooster supporter  ::)

Give him time!! DCE has the ability, Orford has been going crap, Sandow until last night :- If anything, Riccardi could be a goer next year, he has a wonderful kicking game

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301688143[/time]

Liam has been at a few clubs in past couple of years, obviously NRL teams haven't believed he could be a starting player, give DCE time.

Wow ! someone on League Unlimited bagged our halfback AND he is a Roosters supporter, it must be gospel then.

DCE deserves time. He is missing the long corner and in-goal kicks by only a small margin.

I hope the kid won't take this badly but he was the single difference to us in a win or a loss. By that I mean if you swapped Sandow onto our team we would have won by 12. Sandow's kicks were almost perfect. Split the backs, controlled the field and put it into touch to get us to turn around.

DCE's kicks were woeful. Straight to the man, dribbled out the back and missed finding the line in the field of play.

I'm dissapointed in not getting the win but overall we were beaten by a better side and a lot of that comes from the late withdrawls.

I'm not going to put it all on DCE either. It was the elders in the team that also let us down. Robbo going for the miracle intercept and then Lyon rushing out of the line that left the bunnies with an overlap for two easy tries. In the forwards it was the newbies in Buhrer and Joe, along with Choc that lead the way but the oldies didn't have the attack to get over them. And we can count ourselves lucky in two tries that looked pretty dubious to me.

Absolutely terrific fightback and I saw a lot to like and all of us needn't feel bad about the result. Still we were beaten and probably rightly so with what was shown.

It makes it difficult when you haven't had the same starting 1-5 in any of the first four rounds of your NRL career. Give the guy a break. I agree his kicking game was off but I woulnt expect any cohesion of the backs until the side selected starts looking the same for a few weeks in a row.

1) I wouldn't listen to anything those brain dead gimps on Lu say the posters on there are rugby leagues lowest common demonator

2) some of these cock smokers who come out of the wood work after a lose need to pull their heads in the kid is showing a ton of potiential and will continue to improve. Remember it has taken fozza 30 odd games of first grade to get to this level

Cambo link said:
2) some of these cock smokers who come out of the wood work after a lose need to pull their heads in the kid is showing a ton of potiential and will continue to improve. Remember it has taken fozza 30 odd games of first grade to get to this level

If you say so Cam. You are starting to sound like a bear's supporter so don't forget to leave home with your rose-coloured sunnies. Potential is all good and we can look forward to terrific times but for now it doesn't win games and I'll stick to those who see what is actually happening.

From what I've seen of DCE so far he is a tremendous prospect. Top shelf halfback right now? No. But he has shown ability, including with his kicking, and it's ridiculous to slam him after one average display imo.

Totally agree! I mean what the freak this was the kid's 4th game - he's practically a veteran and should be scoring and setting 3-4 tries a game!

In fact I think Des in general gives these new guys too long to fit in and get used to the speed of NRL. I reckon that they should get 20 minutes and if they haven't looked like the next Johns then they should be roped and marked never to be picked again.

ads link said:
Totally agree! I mean what the freak this was the kid's 4th game - he's practically a veteran and should be scoring and setting 3-4 tries a game!

In fact I think Des in general gives these new guys too long to fit in and get used to the speed of NRL. I reckon that they should get 20 minutes and if they haven't looked like the next Johns then they should be roped and marked never to be picked again.
hA ha I know your taken the piss but there are clowns on here that believe that

Can someone ask the roosters supporter how T Carney is performing this year? DCE has only had one below average game, carney has been playing consistently average football every round.

We need to give DCE time. Everyone says he needs to step up, and then say we need to drop him. How would dropping him after 4 games help his confidence and inspire him to play better?
Unlike last yer where we had Dogkinson play great at the start of the season and fizzle out towards the end, I'd rather DCE play better towards the end of the season, when it counts.

That's my humble opinion, and it's the correct opinion, so this argument is now CLOSED. Thanks for stopping by, stay classy.

its enough to bag him on this site, but to see him walk out of the sheds lastnight with his head hanging low and then turn to his gf and say it wasnt my night with tears in his eyes is enough for me, this kid is our future, im with him all the way, i thought we showed heart to even come back !

For the record I don't want DCE dropped. Never suggested it. I am willing to stick with him all year and the next. But FMD if you can't see it wasn't his night then we were watching different games.

This is the issue with a team full of kids. Consistency - some weeks they will be up and others they will be down

Copa Eagle link said:
its enough to bag him on this site, but to see him walk out of the sheds lastnight with his head hanging low and then turn to his gf and say it wasnt my night with tears in his eyes is enough for me, this kid is our future, im with him all the way, i thought we showed heart to even come back !
Oh please let me get out the violin, this is the guy that has been talked up by the rose glasses brigade as a potential star. He is at best a hack no better or no worse then sandow, and to all the excuse makers saying this is his 4th game he is playing first grade he is not doing an apprenticeship he did that last year. 3 year contract on this goose

ManlyBacker link said:
For the record I don't want DCE dropped. Never suggested it. I am willing to stick with him all year and the next. But FMD if you can't see it wasn't his night then we were watching different games.

I think all agree with that.  What most seem to be saying is that he should not be dropped for Liam Foran which is what the original post was alluding to.

ManlyBacker link said:
mb ill agree it wasnt his best night mate not disputing that. I just get pissed at clowns who come on here and expect andrew johns/cliffy lyons/ wally lewis standard from the word go.

Now my former hill sharing mate, very very low blow to sink to calling me a bears fan almost worthy of you being placed on ignore buddy ;)

Fair enough Garts

And Cambo, call me a c*ck smoker again and I'll steal your beer :)
Ok, bears was too harsh but I have seen their toothless rabble in the bottom room of Norths Leagues after a game and maybe, just maybe, you were sounding like them. :p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8