dce wins all the awards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm hoping dce is a taller version of Johny Gibbs, it would be great to have a bit of unpredictability. We certainly looked bereft of attacking options at times in 2010.

manlyborn link said:
I'm hoping dce is a taller version of Johny Gibbs, it would be great to have a bit of unpredictability. We certainly looked bereft of attacking options at times in 2010.
He's bigger than Gibbs, not quite as blonde but from what I saw of him in the 2009 Toyota Cup season he is not an individualist like Gibbs, nor as nippy, but is more rugged. I see DCE as a good leader. He sparked his team, and was a good tactical kicker.

his old man troy was a real hardnut and i saw some toughness in his play a few weeks ago.he is quite big for a half too.has a strange physique,a bit like gibbsy but taller.from what i saw he is nippy without being real quick.if alfie gives him a big wrap you would think he has potential but as i said it will be a work in progress and we shouldnt look for him to star in his first year.

I don't always agree with you Susan, but in this tread you are spot on the money. Agree 100%

susan link said:
if alfie gives him a big wrap you would think he has potential but as i said it will be a work in progress and we shouldnt look for him to star in his first year.

VERY VERY true.

The kid has clear potential and I am going to try not to get on his case too much over the next 2 years :)

susan link said:
his old man troy was a real hardnut and i saw some toughness in his play

i thought his dad was JP Cherry who played reggies with us a while back?

or am i thinking of the wrong guy?

I seem to recall someone saying he was a Qld cup player in the 80's.

As for DCE i want to see steady improvement year to year

his old man is Troy Evans from Rockhampton.Real tough nut from Valleys and Redcliffe who had more brawn than ability.If he has half his old mans toughness he will be ok in regard to the physical aspect of the game.Hope he has more football skill than Troy though...which is obviously the case.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Pretty sure JP Cherry is his uncle

Sweet, I knew there was a link there somewhere, which would explain the double barreled surname if his mum was Cherrys Sister.

I dont care who he's related to, I just hope the kid can play

Is he any relation to Cam Cherry - the former roosters player from Qld?

Oh well at least is mother didn't marry a "Picker" or a "pop" that could have been an interesting surname

Hodkinson is a solid defender (with a drop off a tackle in him) so it will be important to see if DCE can stand the rigours of playing defensively in the front line, as he will be targetted for sure.

Will dce be classed as rookie next year? Just wanting to know so i can throw some money on rookie of the year.

effnic link said:
Will dce be classed as rookie next year? Just wanting to know so i can throw some money on rookie of the year.
well yeah mate, of course he will.. has he played nrl 1st grade before??, no... so yeah he is..

swoop link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=185332.msg294628#msg294628 date=1284437949]
[quote author=susan link=topic=185332.msg294623#msg294623 date=1284437141]
DCE won the couier mail player of the year award and colt of the year award and ran second in the other major award judged by the coaches.

in the article it says he is the most hyped player since INGLIS won it a few years ago.

looks like there is no pressure on the kid.......
lets hope we keep him, i`d hate if we went through the same thing next yr like we did this yr, contract negotiations right in the middle part of the comp disrupted every thing for us..
[/quote]
Manly has signed him for next 3 yrs
[/quote]

Seriously? What happened to the pen then?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8