Dean Ritchie blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Weren't there some recent political decisions that have impacted on the profitability of leagues clubs?
On a separate note, are you saying the purchase of the leagues club premises was simply an act of charity? A reasonably valuable chunk of real estate was acquired, or so I thought?

And what is Penn supposed to do with it??? Half the building is vacant and has been since he has taken it over some years ago. I seriously doubt he is getting a handsome return on the investment (was is $9 million?) for the rent the Leagues Club pays.

Real Estate is only worth something if you can use it.

PS In regards to political decisions affecting the club, Dee Why RSL which is only down the road seems to be doing a hell of a lot better, they are investing in property and businesses (eg Child Care and Car Wash etc) - not getting bailed out. You tell me what is wrong....

The Wheel said:
And what is Penn supposed to do with it??? Half the building is vacant and has been since he has taken it over some years ago. I seriously doubt he is getting a handsome return on the investment (was is $9 million?) for the rent the Leagues Club pays.

PS In regards to political decisions affecting the club, Dee Why RSL which is only down the road seems to be doing a hell of a lot better, they are investing in property and businesses (eg Child Care and Car Wash etc) - not getting bailed out. You tell me what is wrong....

If Dee Why RSL had poured $30 million dollars into a football team over the last 20 or so years (representing about 110% of its profit over the same period) then it probably would not be travelling too flash either.

The Wheel said:

So who is the GM (or whatever) of the Leagues Club these days?

Matabele said:
The Wheel said:

So who is the GM (or whatever) of the Leagues Club these days?

Chief Executive Officer : Peter Spray
Operations Manager : Craig Dickson

WAMF said:
tookey said:
WAMF said:
tookey said:
I think that it would be common knowledge that Ritchie has spoken to Des a number of times in recent weeks.

If it's such common knowledge, where are the quotes from Des?

Not sure. Guess you will have to ask Ritchie that.
Nice deflection away from your moronic statement. If it's common knowledge, back it up with an ounce of fact....or shut up.

Of course Ritchie would have spoken to Des in the weeks leading up to the the grand final. he is a journalist with the telegraph and wrote a number of stories about Manly during the semi final series.

At least once or twice a week from what I was told. He has an e-mail address and conducts regular blogs. Ask him yourself if you doubt me

tookey said:
WAMF said:
tookey said:
WAMF said:
tookey said:
I think that it would be common knowledge that Ritchie has spoken to Des a number of times in recent weeks.

If it's such common knowledge, where are the quotes from Des?

Not sure. Guess you will have to ask Ritchie that.
Nice deflection away from your moronic statement. If it's common knowledge, back it up with an ounce of fact....or shut up.

Of course Ritchie would have spoken to Des in the weeks leading up to the the grand final. he is a journalist with the telegraph and wrote a number of stories about Manly during the semi final series.

At least once or twice a week from what I was told. He has an e-mail address and conducts regular blogs. Ask him yourself if you doubt me

Asking him would mean removing one's head from the sand of FC spin!

So you're happy to listen to the same hacks that have been doing their level best to derail the club. Get a grip. The first 3 minutes talks about the sky falling in at Manly. Keep buying that crap.

I was more interested in the suggestion the Penn shareholding was up to 58%. Most likely the journalists have it wrong, but if that's the updated situation after the covering of 2011 losses, it's very interesting.

DSM either way , in the slew of good news coming from the club, you have to hope that we do not forget what got us into this mess

A botched negotiation process due to a dysfunctional board structre.

I do not know what the best way forward is, but to ignore why the club ended up in this state (and say it was our "choice" to get rid of des) will only paper over cracks which re-appear sooner or later

Isz, I'm not at the centre of the storm, so I don't know exactly how this imbroglio came about. However, unlike Matas and some others, I'm not so sure that the Board did bring this house of cards down. I have it on good authority that part of the souring of relations with Des was his insistence in the inclusion of 'get-out' clauses in player contracts. Perry's talk of becoming more involved in the player contracts is a good thing imo and hopefully will lead to the dropping of these damaging clauses. Talk of changing Board members and other pay-backs is plainly ill-considered. We are successful for some reason, and the players, coaching staff and management of the club played a part in that success.

DSM either way the club should conduct an internal review on the structure etc

At the end the club wanted to retain Des, had the money to retain him, but were unable to finalize the deal. I am sure Des had a role however if any company were to lose a key staff member they wanted to retain (as many people have stated on numerous occasions) then they should conduct an internal review

Not a witch hunt

A review

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4