Departing players announced.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree - read the email that was distributed - it was so cold and shows such a lack of respect - not even a few lines on what they have done for the club. A total disgrace and embarrassment - the club should be ashamed of itself.
Agree. It will be interesting to see what sort of team blacktown put together. This was far from the worst Nsw cup squad we have had in the last few years. Dylan Kelly he's not only a manly junior who has been with theclub forever. He is was in the Nsw Residence team this year. They are either spending up big, or they are going to field a side which is even less competitive and provides less depth then the currently culled crop. Time will tell.

We have had two of our most disappointing seasons in over a decade back to back and you guys are angry that we're cutting players??

I'd be angry if we kept them.

I'll reserve my anger for 6 rounds into next season once we've seen how the new crop is going. We're in a rebuilding phase.
The anger may be more the fact the club has cut our better juniors. Buying old dinosaurs like Myles and Mason hasn't exactly worked out too well In recent years. Some of us would have been happy for Nicho Hynes and Liam Knight to be in the teams plans in the future. I guess I'll wait and see who we do have playing reggies next year. Not many manly boys ATM.

I must be the only one, but I'm quite happy with that list. Besides Vave and Knight who chose to leave and we couldnt do anything about, the other players would never have even made first grade. In stead of seeing it as a negative, see it as if we have some signings coming our way, i dont know about u guys, but im excited to see who we will sign.

We had a horror year with injuries and highlighted our lack of depth. The club has acted on this and made some wholesale changes. I applaud the move as it shows we are not accepting mediocrity. Not sure why everyone is upset when we all agree change is needed

We had a horror year with injuries and highlighted our lack of depth. The club has acted on this and made some wholesale changes. I applaud the move as it shows we are not accepting mediocrity. Not sure why everyone is upset when we all agree change is needed
At what point will you call for more than a change of players? This cannot be blamed just on the players surely?

People got way ahead of themselves with Liam Knight...the kid is a goose of the highest order and his dad was a suck hole coming on here lapping up all the praise and disliking anyone that condemned his sons actions when he drove drunk and sprayed aeroguard in his mouth.

Apart from Vave the rest are very good decisions.

People got way ahead of themselves with Liam Knight...the kid is a goose of the highest order and his dad was a suck hole coming on here lapping up all the praise and disliking anyone that condemned his sons actions when he drove drunk and sprayed aeroguard in his mouth.

Vave runs hard, but is the biggest loafing bludger in the side. Unfit and lazy...ta ta

Knight should take off now he can associate with Mitchell Pearce.

The anger may be more the fact the club has cut our better juniors. Buying old dinosaurs like Myles and Mason hasn't exactly worked out too well In recent years. Some of us would have been happy for Nicho Hynes and Liam Knight to be in the teams plans in the future. I guess I'll wait and see who we do have playing reggies next year. Not many manly boys ATM.

Gutherson was the only one I was sad to lose. But we lost him because people like Burgess and Mateo dug their heels in. Unfortunately I think Stewart digging his heels in is going to create similar headaches next season.

I don't know about Hynes (doesn't seem to have set the world on fire), but Knight was probably let go because he's been a d*ckhead behind the scenes. It isn't that hard to imagine given his aerogard fiasco.

Gutherson was the only one I was sad to lose. But we lost him because people like Burgess and Mateo dug their heels in. Unfortunately I think Stewart digging his heels in is going to create similar headaches next season.

I don't know about Hynes (doesn't seem to have set the world on fire), but Knight was probably let go because he's been a d*ckhead behind the scenes. It isn't that hard to imagine given his aerogard fiasco.
matters not at manly. You can bash the **** out of someone, go to clink for it and be back at the club before you can say that welsh train station name.

Also I'll post this here since I'm already typing - Can probably post it inn numerous threads. Lewis Brown/Trent Barrett. Yes he's a utility bench player, and more of a hooker/edge back rower. But he has the ability to play centres, and you lot need to understand how the second tier cap works. We were on the verge of exceeding it from around Round 15 due to the high amount of injuries we've suffered. The NRL WILL NOT give a club special dispensation (ala Parker/Bainbridge/Knight) if you have a fit player in your Top 25 available to play the position.

Baz has his hands tied.

You are 100% correct about that (except the bit about Brown being able to play centres. He's proven pretty useless there IMO). Exactly the same as 2015 when Tooves seemingly resisted the increasing calls to put Tommy permanently on the wing in first grade. The 2nd tier cap meant that he could only be used as an injury replacement.

However, as far as 2017 goes.....while still having him in the 25 man squad I (for one) would be happy to see Brown only used in first grade if we needed an injury replacement or needed to replace someone who was selected for Origin. IMO Api would be better for us off the bench as the utility.

Lewis Brown may be a current Kiwi test player.....but I'll be stuffed if I have seen anything in him other than his utility value that would have him in their best 17. There are better Kiwis than him in the NRL and ESL who can play multiple positions.

Knight will prob go onto be another JWH and match him in 'im so far up my own arse that its numb' brigade. oh hang on thats the entire roosters team.

Apart from KILLER The others are all expendable. fringe players at best.

Look at what happened to the cull of 2015 and where they are now. either injured or playing reserves. Apart from gutho the rest have done nothing.. Im not even sure hiku would get a run back in the panthers squad at the moment...

Also as much as we dislike the guy Myles was only signed to get DCE back. we wouldn't have touched him if it wasn't for that...

the reserves had to have a clean out and thats what happened...

we are all so fickle (me included) when it comes to winning. i hate it when we loose but there has to be a rebuild at some point. Do i think Barrett is the man to take the helm? probably not but until hes moved thats all we have...

There is a lot of hatred for Fulton on here and while some of it is justified IMHO i gaurentee that if we head back to the top anytime soon he and the penns will be lauded as the best thing sense sliced bread...

AND IF THEY DONT THEN F**K EMM....

Based upon what is known at the moment the following would be our Top 25;

Snake
Tom
Jeorge
Williame
Wright
Matai
Walker
Api
Dce
Jake
Winterstein
Brown
Bruher
Lussick
Parcell
Afb
Myles
Meehan
Hoppa
Tapau
Lawrence

Rumored
Green
Uate
Lane
Cullen

The game changes if either or both of Snake, Matai don't play in 2017.

Another possibility is that we possibly could have additional players to 25 with some of these players like winterstein and Williame almost permanently gifted to Blacktown Workers as back up players.

I think Parker, Wright and Bainbridge still qualify for U20s next year.

Imo we still are one QUALITY blue chip forward and centre short. Maybe Gillet and Whare?

Much of the player trading took place post Grand Final last year, I imagine it will be the same this year and as such our final 25 could look a bit different to the one above posted by Wheelie.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4