Des and the Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SE007, did you ask them whether they thought their Club's actions in luring an under contract coach away to join them, was at all ethical?

Phantar said:
SE007, did you ask them whether they thought their Club's actions in luring an under contract coach away to join them, was at all ethical?

Contracts aren't worth the paper you wipe your arse with , neither is dogy des . I'm glad the prick is gone ..

Average bull said:
Phantar said:

Contracts aren't worth the paper you wipe your arse with , neither is dogy des . I'm glad the prick is gone ..

The Bulldogs are outright second, and have just added a host of Internationals to their team immediately and next season, so as dodgy as he may be, he'll still be a winner.

Ryan said:
Average bull said:
Phantar said:

The Bulldogs are outright second, and have just added a host of Internationals to their team immediately and next season, so as dodgy as he may be, he'll still be a winner.

He's a bastard and I'm glad he's gone ! Got me why anyone would stick up for the prick after what he tried to do to.

Manly has never had coaches stay more than 6 or 7 seasons. Des had the same period as Bozo's 2 stints with similar success. It was time for him to move on I think Manly probably needed a change and so did Des. The way it was all done was crap on both sides it shouldn't have ended like that but such is life. 2V has his chance now and lets hope he carries on the success of his predecessors Des,Bozo,Ronny and Biscuits.

Just on the Dogs did you catch Inu's last conversion.

Just puts the ball down takes a couple of steps back and kicks it from the sideline, took all of 5 seconds.

Utility Player said:
Just on the Dogs did you catch Inu's last conversion.

Just puts the ball down takes a couple of steps back and kicks it from the sideline, took all of 5 seconds.

He must be 'channelling' Mike Eden.

Average bull said:
Ryan said:
Average bull said:
Phantar said:

He's a bastard and I'm glad he's gone ! Got me why anyone would stick up for the prick after what he tried to do to.

I'm not sticking up for Des, AB. I think it's a valid question, especially when many unthinking supporters (from other clubs including C-B) and media types apparently see no problem with poaching a coach just days after winning another he wins another premiership. Apparently it's OK if it happens to Manly! So that's why I think you should ask your travelling companions the question and put them on the spot.

what got me is the contstant denying that they were not paying him over 500K to now supporters of the dogs openly saying they are paying him close to the 850K mark.. anyway whatever just justifies what we all thought here, money driven , but then again if you were offered to do a similar job to your with a competitor at twice the income most of us would prob consider it too, however what made it bad was him trying to rip the club apart doing it, now for that i will never forgive him, however he is a good coach theres no denyin that

i dont know the dogs roster and dont care ( only if Manly players are going there ). also if there signing all these superstars you have to question their salary cap!!!

i have watched the dogs play and yes their wining and scoring points. but i must say and hopefully not being biased they have had some luck , the bounce of the ball has gone their way. ( example - souths try in the corner 50/50 call ,& warriors try in the corner 50/50 call it went their way both occasions and they won )

they are sitting 2nd cant complain if your a dog supporter .
though his some stats ... against top 8 teams.

beat tigers without farrah & lote
beat sharks without carney & gallen
beat melb without slater & during the origin period
beat & lost to souths

havnt played brisbane or cowboys yet

and lost to the MIGHT SEA EAGLES WITHOUT FORAN & TREX

dogs and des can F&#K themselves and hopefully their luck will run out

20+ against the eels on sunday

Regardless of how people spin what happened, two things are evident to me:-

1. Des Hasler is one of the top three coaches alive today;
2. Crusher Cleal is one of the top three talent scouts alive today.

Both are human beings, both wanted to work with more money, and both wanted to work in improved working conditions (including those people on the board).

I have heard no board-room squabbling from The Bulldogs camp since Des got there, yet it continues here. All I hear, is Crusher and co. have acquired T-Rex, Inu, Perrett and co.

Manly are a good team (not as good as they were by a long way), but if your Des Hasler right now, especially seeing the way our management group are disgracing themselves, you'd be laughing all the way to The Bank.

As human beings, who WOULDN'T want that?

I'd have Hasler and Crusher back here in a heart-beat (never happen I know), and I'd have Des replace Toovey immediately (the quality between the two "at present" is HUGE).

id have to agree with Ryan..

however whats happend has happened, I still trust in toovey regardless, once he clears up the mess that was created with contracts etc, i reckon he too will emulate hasler's coaching success , and then after him would have to be Cliffy

I hope so, but at the same time, I'm seeing things in this team (losing to absolute bottom teams)(soft defence), that I haven't seen in many years. The exodus of players since last years GF is terrible and worriesome as well.

Ryan said:
Regardless of how people spin what happened, two things are evident to me:-

1. Des Hasler is one of the top three coaches alive today;
2. Crusher Cleal is one of the top three talent scouts alive today.

Both are human beings, both wanted to work with more money, and both wanted to work in improved working conditions (including those people on the board).

I have heard no board-room squabbling from The Bulldogs camp since Des got there, yet it continues here. All I hear, is Crusher and co. have acquired T-Rex, Inu, Perrett and co.

Manly are a good team (not as good as they were by a long way), but if your Des Hasler right now, especially seeing the way our management group are disgracing themselves, you'd be laughing all the way to The Bank.

As human beings, who WOULDN'T want that?

I'd have Hasler and Crusher back here in a heart-beat (never happen I know), and I'd have Des replace Toovey immediately (the quality between the two "at present" is HUGE).

Agree completely. Apart from the comment about Manly being a long way off where we were. Now apply that thinking of extra $ and better working conditions to players that leave us.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7