DES GO NOW -post your one word answer here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he doesn't want to be forced out then make him a water boy for next year.

He has to go.

Dumbest ****ing thread in history with some of the dumbest posts I have ever seen. Some of you schmucks should get an education or join the Rabbitoh's supporter group. The club is imploding and all you can do is add more fuel to the fire. What an absolute ****ing embarrassment.

I dont care. Pay him out and get him out. I dont trust him. He will look after the blue and white from now on in. I am very grateful for his service, and premierships and i will always look back with fond memories, but just like he can cut us off so easily, we should be cutting him.

Is it a coincidence that Costigan went to Newcastle or was he advised by Bennett? No doubt he will take 3-4 of our best with him.. dont give him any more time at the club to take more.

Gorgeous George said:
Dumbest f**king thread in history with some of the dumbest posts I have ever seen. Some of you schmucks should get an education or join the Rabbitoh's supporter group. The club is imploding and all you can do is add more fuel to the fire. What an absolute f**king embarrassment.

Name another job in the world when this would be accepted nowhere. This is pro sport and we are looking like a doormat. I can just imagine Sir Alex Ferguson rocking into Manchester United and saying boy's I'm off and coaching Chelsea in 2013 but I'll coach you in 2012 he would be punted as Des should be grow some balls Penn and start acting like a professional

Gorgeous George said:
Dumbest f**king thread in history with some of the dumbest posts I have ever seen. Some of you schmucks should get an education or join the Rabbitoh's supporter group. The club is imploding and all you can do is add more fuel to the fire. What an absolute f**king embarrassment.

Well this is the most head in the sand response I've read. Its an extremely valid point of discussion if Des should or should not coach the club next year.

With players with get out clauses when Des leaves if he stays our entire 2012 season will be stories about who is going to jump ship. It also makes it easier for players to jump clubs in 2013. If Des leaves now and those players have to activate their release clauses for 2012 its going to be a lot harder for them to find a club, in 2013 it will be a lot easier for them to leave because opposition clubs will have 12 months to juggle their books. I say we name Toovs now, then he gets ALL the players in the one room and puts the question to their faces and we get on with the job.

I don't think letting him go now is the answer. The Dogs would love nothing more than to have him a year early so f*%k them I say.
The MOST important thing now is to announce our new coach for 2013 (Tooves hopefully) and for him to start talking to the current players and the club start signing them, Crusher and other staff ASAP.
I'd like to think Tooves has built a great repore with our players and staff as well and he IS Manly through and through...unlike Judas!
Tooves will benefit greatly from learning from Hasler and if we can keep our main stars I don't see a huge change in performance.
I've supported Manly for 39 years and grew up holding Hasler on a pedestal but while he's done his dash for ever with me now...we should be forever grateful for the two premierships he gave us.
On the other hand...the over-rated Greenberg's smug attitude in the press conference made me want to kick my tv in...I HATE THAT GRUB AND HIS SLIMEY CLUB.

Just a question. If Des goes now does that mean the get out clause players, Crusher and co will also go or do they have to fulfil 2012 contracts?
If the players stay on contract then it's more productive that Des goes as Tooves or whoever can influence the players to stay.
If Des stays the close bond continues to thicken everyday and it's a Des bond not a Manly bond.

Disco said:
Des should step aside, Tooves in and secure Crusher!

and get rid of those freakin clauses

hear hear Lose the clauses! Secure the players! Stabilise the Club asap!

How is Des supposed to step aside fools. He's under contract. Now the club can either pay out his contract or perrhaps they could come to a mutual agreement but he can't stand down.

I think most of the posters here must be kids these days.

Im sure the Bulldogs will payout his current contract if they can have him this year . Let him go now and have not have a 12mths of worry and wondering about who he will take with him.

Jerry1 said:
How is Des supposed to step aside fools. He's under contract. Now the club can either pay out his contract or perrhaps they could come to a mutual agreement but he can't stand down.

Umm yeah he can champ, he can offer to step aside and Manly can accept his offer.

If both sides want the same solution then the contract doesnt matter

Jerry1 said:

He can be demoted on full pay also, like for e.g .dropped to assisant coach for next season while we blood tooves or someone else.. I still think if we can get Mal Reilly we havent lost much in the coaching dept..

No,

but he should be coaching director while giving Toovey the coaching role.

Also the board must work on keeping Cleal and if not announce a suitable replacement (good luck)

Yes.

My reasoning is that he has signed for 4 years with a direct Competitor of Manly.

The Players will be split all next year into the three groups of who can go with him and who can't, and most worryingly, who can go with him but he rejects them. Completely untenable. Sport is not an ordinary Business, the efforts of the Players are directly impacted by their emotional state.

I also don't believe he will go the extra mile for Manly during the year.
It may mean dealing with the 'faceless men' and that seems to be beneath him. His reference to being 'financially better off had he signed with Manly' shows his hatred of the Manly Board and was vulgar in the extreme.

The Manly Daily's saturation coverage (all bearing a picture of - 'its not about me, its about the Team' Zorba) shows that the Des faction will try and 'get back' at the Manly Board all year.

We the Fans will be served up a sub-standard product in 2012 if Des is the sole decision maker. As mentioned in a past post, we are like the children in an acrimonious divorce.

Promote Tooves and have Des do a sane hand over to commence the next era of this great Manly Club.

Manly or Death :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8