Des is staying for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thedogs88 said:
If you count kite and galavaou as rep players then bloody hell stagg and halatau still are. turner also is state player, and when the hell did king play for australia ? thats a disgrace.

Dogs also had ennis out most of the year, despite what you lot say he is still a top 3 hooker with smith and farah.

You can say what you want but if the dogs had a 5/8 of forans quality it would be a title threat straigth away our props are the best props of manly/dogs our backrow isn't as good but still a fit eastwood and pritchard isn't exactly garbage. barba and morris are quality, first year and barba top try scorer, leads like breaks and tackle busts. give him a quality 5/8 with hodkinson and ennis fit and its a good spine. throw in morris who with a qualtiy 5/8 will be back to his best then some up and comers in lafai, kasiano and taupau who all looked the goods this year.

not saying its a sure thing but it certainly is a decent team on paper and with a coaching staff as good as we have secured i think its happy days ahead for us IF we can sign a quality 5/8 that is.

Your opinion is every bit as valid as mine.

I invite you back in October 2012 and we can see what develops, I believe two things are for certain.

1. Manly will finish in the top 8, and more than likely make the GF again

2. The Dogs will finish outside the 8

bob dylan said:
thedogs88 said:
If you count kite and galavaou as rep players then bloody hell stagg and halatau still are. turner also is state player, and when the hell did king play for australia ? thats a disgrace.

Dogs also had ennis out most of the year, despite what you lot say he is still a top 3 hooker with smith and farah.

You can say what you want but if the dogs had a 5/8 of forans quality it would be a title threat straigth away our props are the best props of manly/dogs our backrow isn't as good but still a fit eastwood and pritchard isn't exactly garbage. barba and morris are quality, first year and barba top try scorer, leads like breaks and tackle busts. give him a quality 5/8 with hodkinson and ennis fit and its a good spine. throw in morris who with a qualtiy 5/8 will be back to his best then some up and comers in lafai, kasiano and taupau who all looked the goods this year.

not saying its a sure thing but it certainly is a decent team on paper and with a coaching staff as good as we have secured i think its happy days ahead for us IF we can sign a quality 5/8 that is.

Your opinion is every bit as valid as mine.

I invite you back in October 2012 and we can see what develops, I believe two things are for certain.

1. Manly will finish in the top 8, and more than likely make the GF again

2. The Dogs will finish outside the 8

I thank you for your open mind to discussion after all this is a footy forum.

I will take you up on your invite, i'll even place a little bet with you say a carton of beer paid by the other?

Dogs to make the 8. Manly to miss the grand final.

bob dylan said:
Yeah Barba can play. No doubt about it.

Eastwood and Pritchard can not be paired they are too lazy in defence, I'd go as far to as to say they may not cut it under the Hasler regime. Which one of them is taking up Andrew Ryans workload.

Fair comment, one of the few that I have read on this forum. The extra workload will be taken up from Graham from what I have seen of him. However I would certainly think that Finucane from what I have seen of him could get a start next year and do Ryans job plus an extra 20 tackles. He is the next Nathan Hindmarsh/Andrew Ryan clone coming through the grades.

Also if you are talking lazy in defence Watmough and Stewart come to mind. And Des paired them up every game

Lafai is the real deal. Most Dogs fans that have watched him agree. One of the only outside backs we have that look the goods.

You are right about Eastwood and Pritchard, if fit all year they will terrorise the opposition running off the back of Graham and Tolman. Barba top try scorer again

Dear lord, Choc and Stewart lazy in defence? Surely you jest.

Graham and Tolman will work hard but together they make no impact on bending back the line, they are a hit and surrender type runner and good teams will dominant them and as such, they'd be the last person you'd want to be taking a run afterwards as the defence will be set and you'll get smashed.

Mickdog said:
bob dylan said:

Eastwood and Pritchard can not be paired they are too lazy in defence, I'd go as far to as to say they may not cut it under the Hasler regime. Which one of them is taking up Andrew Ryans workload.

Also if you are talking lazy in defence Watmough and Stewart come to mind.

Give yourself an uppercut mate!! Those 2 always top our tackling stats. Watmough may miss a few tackles here and there - but he's definately not lazy for wanting to make 5 tackles in every set.

Masked Eagle said:

Graham and Tolman will work hard but together they make no impact on bending back the line, they are a hit and surrender type runner and good teams will dominant them and as such, they'd be the last person you'd want to be taking a run afterwards as the defence will be set and you'll get smashed.

Garbage, Tolman makes good metres and Graham makes even better.

Then blokes like Kasiano coming off the bench will certainly bend the line back.

Pritchard and Eastwood if fit will be more then enough to complete our pack but we will also have blokes like Taupau, Payne, Millington, Halatau etc.

Tolman and Graham will sure up the middle in defense certainly too. Both capable of 30-40 tackles a game and keep going. Huge motors in both props!

I agree with the manly boys in this though stewart and watmough both try in defense, just watmough misses alot and stewart is a little slow. They are't the stagg type mould is what i think he means of making 40 tackles and missing 1.

A supporter is always going to view their own team differently

When it comes down to it the Manly pack, which has remained fairly consistent over the years, has seen the club to 3 out of the last 5 grand finals and semi's in the other years.

If we are not the top pack we are up there

lsz said:
A supporter is always going to view their own team differently

When it comes down to it the Manly pack, which has remained fairly consistent over the years, has seen the club to 3 out of the last 5 grand finals and semi's in the other years.

If we are not the top pack we are up there

I don't think your club is in the "top packs" based on capability and what they can do IN FORM. e.g raiders with shillington, lahrs, white, harrison, fensom etc blows your pack off the park. IN FORM.

However your club is one of the TOP PACKS in regards to solid consistent preformers, you don't have any player in your pack OUTSIDE watmough in my opinion that is someone that can be hot and cold from shreeding a game apart to ruining play or letting the team down.

Blokes like King, Galavaou, Stewart, Rodney etc they aren't superstars they aren't absolute freaks but they are very consistent and offer pretty much the same standard week in week out.

Although Tony Williams is starting to make his mark, if he can do what he has for australia and for your club in finals week in week out i think he will be up there eventually.

thedogs88 said:

I will take you up on your invite, i'll even place a little bet with you say a carton of beer paid by the other?

I sent you an email,.

bob dylan said:
thedogs88 said:

I sent you an email,.

send it via msg mate i got no idea what email it is...

thedogs88 said:
I agree with the manly boys in this though stewart and watmough both try in defense, just watmough misses alot and stewart is a little slow. They are't the stagg type mould is what i think he means of making 40 tackles and missing 1.

I wonder if G Stewart sits at home polishing his CC medal and wishing he could be more like Stagg?

MadMarcus said:
thedogs88 said:

I wonder if G Stewart sits at home polishing his CC medal and wishing he could be more like Stagg?

Some of you guys take things way to personally, are you glenn stewart? i think your a fan whos very upset that the manly board has shafted your club out of the best coach and some other very talented eyes.

anyway i never said stagg is better then stewart, i also said that watmough and stewart aren't lazy in defense that they just aren't defense type players like stagg who make 40 tackles and miss 1.

everyone knows this, however at the same time watmough and stewart both offer alot more in attack don't they...

stop getting your pms mate.

thedogs88 said:
MadMarcus said:
thedogs88 said:

Some of you guys take things way to personally, are you glenn stewart? i think your a fan whos very upset that the manly board has shafted your club out of the best coach and some other very talented eyes.

anyway i never said stagg is better then stewart, i also said that watmough and stewart aren't lazy in defense that they just aren't defense type players like stagg who make 40 tackles and miss 1.

everyone knows this, however at the same time watmough and stewart both offer alot more in attack don't they...

Stagg makes 40 tackles and wouldn't bruise a grape. With how important it is to dominant the ruck these days give me Chocs 30+ tackles and a few misses any day of the week over some of the blokes who just hold on.

Masked Eagle said:

You haven't watched a lot of Graham, have you?

Watmough misses more tackles than he makes and Stewart is lazy in defence. Its just the way it is.

Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
MadMarcus said:
thedogs88 said:

Stagg makes 40 tackles and wouldn't bruise a grape. With how important it is to dominant the ruck these days give me Chocs 30+ tackles and a few misses any day of the week over some of the blokes who just hold on.

Again you completely miss the point, stagg mightin pull off big hits but he certainly doesn't go looking for it and its not his job to do it, pritchard, eastwood, payne, kasiano and others provide plenty of them.

Stagg is safe as a house and saved us from many breaks, trys etc last year. Every team needs a player like this.

EagleRock40 said:
Mickdog said:
bob dylan said:

Also if you are talking lazy in defence Watmough and Stewart come to mind.

Give yourself an uppercut mate!! Those 2 always top our tackling stats. Watmough may miss a few tackles here and there - but he's definately not lazy for wanting to make 5 tackles in every set.

They both miss 1 in ever 10 tackles. Not good enough when your making less than 30 tackles a game.

thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
MadMarcus said:
thedogs88 said:

Again you completely miss the point, stagg mightin pull off big hits but he certainly doesn't go looking for it and its not his job to do it, pritchard, eastwood, payne, kasiano and others provide plenty of them.

Stagg is safe as a house and saved us from many breaks, trys etc last year. Every team needs a player like this.
Stagg safe as a house??? No one is safe when the RECENTLY SIGNED T REX runs at them :D:D:D.

BOZO said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
MadMarcus said:

Stagg safe as a house??? No one is safe when the RECENTLY SIGNED T REX runs at them :D:D:D.

lol pritchard, t rex etc blokes like aren't ever going to be tackled one on one easily. although i think stagg would do a better job then most.

BOZO said:
thedogs88 said:
Masked Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
MadMarcus said:

I was very surprised T-Rex signed for 2 years when he could have signed for one and waited for the new TV deal and big offers to come his way. Sure they will, maybe he has a clause in his contract after 1 year in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8