Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop said:
BREAKING NEWS: Des Hasler will quit the Manly Sea Eagles.

In a stunning development, the 2011 premiership-winning coach will announce tomorrow he will walk away from Brookvale after next season.

It is undertsood Hasler will sign a long-term deal at Canterbury worth $750,000 a season.

A rival publication reported only this morning that Hasler would stay at Manly - their information was dead wrong.

Hasler's shift to Belmore will shock Manly fans.

He has won two premierships at Brookvale and is regarded as one of the best coaches in the NRL.

Hasler's relationship with football club and leagues club chairman Bob Reilly and rookie COO David Perry has deteriorated in recent weeks.
Bob Reilly and David Perry hang your heads in shame:mad::mad::mad:

Fingers crossed, hasler comes out and surprises us with a contract extension. (seems extremely unlikely).

I agree with the notion that, if toovs is coaching beyond 2012, then mabye hasler should shadow him. The best is to plan for the future. We can move on form hasler, but we cant afford to loose key players over it.

This has nothing to do with the added money - This has to do with Zorba being forced out, the board pushing Dessie and the players around and the continuing dramas behind the scenes. Worst thing to happen to Manly are the egos on the board!

Even so, I myself would not turn my back on the club for whatever amount of money. If all this is true, I'll have to pull Des' photo down from my wall. Imagine going to the Dogs! Yucko!

I didn't give a hoot about Hoppa, but Des' departure will crush our club.

This is a sad day for all Manly fans.
Poor Scotty Penn. How is he going to hold all this together?

swoop said:
Hasler's relationship with football club and leagues club chairman Bob Reilly and rookie COO David Perry has deteriorated in recent weeks.

That has done me.

There has been a cloud hovering over the club since the bad old Northern Eagles days.

The politics and internal warfare has gone on for way too long and has done the damage, it has got the better of the club.

As far as I am concerned those faceless men are accountable and should all step down for letting this happen.

Just announced on fox news, scumdogs will have a media conference tomorrow.

NEWS FLASH: Des is going to the Dogs in 2013

I am shattered.... now we will lose some players

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/des-hasler-to-join-bulldogs-in-2013-20111007-1lcdx.html

This is bad news! But news we will all get over, I am still over the moon we won the premiership again so soon after 08.
Des wanted more cash and a new challenge, yes he is a Manly legend who will now coach against us, but that is the game.

Ramrod said:
This has nothing to do with the added money - This has to do with Zorba being forced out, the board pushing Dessie and the players around and the continuing dramas behind the scenes. Worst thing to happen to Manly are the egos on the board!

Even so, I myself would not turn my back on the club for whatever amount of money. If all this is true, I'll have to pull Des' photo down from my wall. Imagine going to the Dogs! Yucko!

I didn't give a hoot about Hoppa, but Des' departure will crush our club.

This is a sad day for all Manly fans.
Poor Scotty Penn. How is he going to hold all this together?
Don't leave out Zorba's or Hasler's ego in your estimation.

But everything is still just conjecture.

We lost Fulton in 1976 to the Roosters. The sky didn't fall in.

All the articles keep linking back to smh. But if the the dogs are hosting a press conference, i guess it will be basically official.

Let's see what comes out over the next week or so before we go off half cocked about who was or is responsible. If its current board members who have dropped the ball and not acted in the best interest of the club either Football Club or Leagues Club then elections are all about members taking a stance with all the facts at hand.

I'm not sure how the Football Club members rights go as far as elections are concerned given its a privately owned club but at least we will have the facts.

As far as the Club is concerned we have two very good and well credentaled ex Players standing by in Toovey and Cliff Lyons and we will be alright. Loosing both Crusher & Hasler will be a blow but one we will get passed. Particularly if we end up playing the bastards in a final in the future that will make for plenty of reason to enjoy smashing them

This is an absoulte joke - I DONT want to hear this news from a bulldogs press conference first!

It is about time Manly got on the front foot and cleared this up either way we look like a circus with no ring master at the moment!

RE: NEWS FLASH: Des is going to the Dogs in 2013

silver said:
I am shattered.... now we will lose some players

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/des-hasler-to-join-bulldogs-in-2013-20111007-1lcdx.html

This has already been reported in the "Des - Merged Thread" thread at:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Des-Merged-Thread

Well that's it, loyalty is officially dead. I wonder if anyone else is lining up to piss on our premiership win?

Ah well, all you got to remember is that at the end if the day it's just a game.

Two premierships, two implosions.

So the various articles are saying that manly essentially offered the big bucks and Des has turned them down. That just leaves the club itself.

Those playing politics need to be removed from the club ASAP or it will be gone in a few years.

Suck it up bitches your club is falling apart next to leave is crusher and T williams how funny it is. This is Mr Loyalty Des Hasler what a joke your club has become enjoy your premiership as it is your last. Put this in the bank Des WON'T be coaching you next year he will be coaching the dogs lmfao:D

Eagles2nv said:
All the articles keep linking back to smh. But if the the dogs are hosting a press conference, i guess it will be basically official.

The Bulldogs may merely be announcing that Dymock is confirmed as coach for 2012.

Let's not run ahead of ourselves here. We have different media outlets with differing stories. So who do you believe?

RE: NEWS FLASH: Des is going to the Dogs in 2013

So Canterbury, the family club that proudly boasted 'Bred not bought' has turned into 'bought not bred'.

Jim Dymock must be thrilled about the loyalty shown to him. The Board obviously has no faith in him as a coach to deliver results.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8