Des on the news!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The selection of D Walker again @ FB, the persistence with Foz in the starting side, our 'hooker crisis' ;), i could go on. Des, WAKE UP.
Praps its a 'back end of the season' strategy . . . . the players are resting, a la Dead Parrot, . . . keeping their powder dry, for when the season really heats up. ?
Foz would be there no matter who was picking the side. Been good so far.

Well, if we lose tomorrow, and the following week, it equals the clubs worst ever losing streak in 75 years.

New records being smashed by the day.

What's everyone's thought's about that?
It's all about meeting milestones. They set targets and the players strive to reach those benchmarks.

Was going to write something very inappropriate, but chose not to... told the misses and she said = "good decision" but it was funny
Yes I can see it already. Its all about the second coming isn't it.@:cool: I was tempted to go there myself, but as I am barely capable of a first coming these days, I thought I should better leave that alone. Also I probably should have shown my wife this post before posting it BUT she would have just laughed in agreement with it. :confused:

Yes I can see it already. Its all about the second coming isn't it.@:cool: I was tempted to go there myself, but as I am barely capable of a first coming these days, I thought I should better leave that alone. Also I probably should have shown my wife this post before posting it BUT she would have just laughed in agreement with it. :confused:
My wife hates me anyway and she thought it better for you to go there

My wife hates me anyway and she thought it better for you to go there
Probably right that it was better for me to go there. In this day of political correctness, even self-deprecating/self-denigrating humour, will end up offending someone on here.

I applaud the club for hiring DESpicable after the Barrett years. I saw great improvement in the toughness of the team in his first year. But from the second quarter of 2020 it's been a disaster. And we are not doing anything to change things.
The appointment of DESpicable for a further two years was premature, to use the kindest word. Whoever is responsible for this decision has sabotaged this club's chances of achieving real success in the foreseeable future.

I hope it turns around for Des, us fanatics at Silvertails and most importantly the players and ironically it's in the hands of the players.
I picked up on something that made me click a little....maybe way out of line and offend some, but at this stage...what the heck.
There's a similarity with most of Des's post match and even pre match interviews....he seems to build the success of winning these day's purely on stats, completions ect....the old Winning Des was all about the attitude and the players digging deep, exactly what they done in the glory teams the man himself coached....
Now it's obvious stats can make or break a game, especially 2 perfectly matched teams, however I often see 2 evenly matched teams, or even the underdog pull down the pants of the favourites, with attitude and desire and have seen many a desperate, gritty, determined team win games with less possession, 1/4 the penalties ect.
Could this be part of the issue that the Manly players are feeling extra pressure, built on the scoreboard after playing overly conservative, which also makes the man with the ball and his support runners unsure/unconfident in playing the footy with belief and confidence and creating the opposite effect of safety first football - I mean in the modern game you need to score tries to win - the 4 - 2 scorelines died long ago....this approach also adds pressure to the defensive line.
Just a thought....
For the recored I anticipate Manly to start well tomorrow, but find it hard to convince myself once in the grind, will be able to contain the red hot Panthers.

I saw something in the club video of him today for the first time. Maybe someone has noticed this before but I haven’t - his ‘th’s have turned into ‘d’s. As in this and that are pronounced dis and dat.
I wonder if maybe he does have some sort of brain damage from his playing days. Not saying this lightly. Just hadn’t noticed it before.
Does that make him eligible to be medically retired as coach

Dear Prophets of doom .
We have lost 3 in a row .
Any sportsmen ,coach or anyone slightly connected to team sports does not continue stats on from previous years.
New year ,clean slate,new mission.
It's a new year , definitely not a great start ,but only three weeks in .There is a heap of time to right this ship.
What you speak of here robbiea is very true, as in early day's.
The negative factor I feel people are frustrated with, is it is a new year and clean slate, yet we are seeing the same players rewarded for mediocrity and the same style of footy and lacking energy similar to 2020..."Groundhog Day".
I do feel however, it's early days and feel we will at 1 stage of this season have a real roll of wins and see a competitive footy side, hopefully not too late !!
Also that at least to start tonight's game vs Penrith, the side will have a dig and could well lead first half.

Last edited:
Dear Prophets of doom .
We have lost 3 in a row .
Any sportsmen ,coach or anyone slightly connected to team sports does not continue stats on from previous years.
New year ,clean slate,new mission.
It's a new year , definitely not a great start ,but only three weeks in .There is a heap of time to right this ship.

fans remember last year.....fans are the game without them the game doesn’t exist. This year isn’t a clean slate for me....

He did a little slip up in the pre game interview on the website
He covered his tracks and most of dessies interviews are slip ups but i got the opinion he was going to say we should start getting the team sorted in a couple of weeks which i presumed was when tom was back and having an impact

I think everyone in the system knows we are nothing without him and it shows. That is what i see is our biggest obstacle

Will everyone cut tommy some slack considering his last game had paul vautin as captain . Dce missed the trial and he got a 3week/ season pass

And how will a fullback save us from croker, considering he sabotages everyone elses game ( i quite like sarcasm)

Can he really turn us around instantly playing the most physically demanding job in rugby leage. Manlys fullback, playmaker, leader, organiser, dummy half runner, try scorer , try saver and mind guru to the team. Do you think he even helps players with there love life. Too many beers, call tommy, he fixes everything

did i cross the line ?

He did a little slip up in the pre game interview on the website
He covered his tracks and most of dessies interviews are slip ups but i got the opinion he was going to say we should start getting the team sorted in a couple of weeks which i presumed was when tom was back and having an impact

I think everyone in the system knows we are nothing without him and it shows. That is what i see is our biggest obstacle

Will everyone cut tommy some slack considering his last game had paul vautin as captain . Dce missed the trial and he got a 3week/ season pass

And how will a fullback save us from croker, considering he sabotages everyone elses game ( i quite like sarcasm)

Can he really turn us around instantly playing the most physically demanding job in rugby leage. Manlys fullback, playmaker, leader, organiser, dummy half runner, try scorer , try saver and mind guru to the team. Do you think he even helps players with there love life. Too many beers, call tommy, he fixes everything

did i cross the line ?
Yes he can. His presence alone lifts those around him by a good deal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8