DES WHO?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be honest , yes , respect what he did , but hated how he left , and wasn’t really a fan of what he did when he came back.

One good year , on the back of Turbo.

Otherwise , absolute garbage !!
2019 was certainly not garbage, and there were some positive signs mid last year...

Manly have won 8 premierships in their entire history. Des has been involved with half of these - and it would be fair to say that the last 2 were single handedly created off the back of Des. Bozo had a superstar line-up in the 90s, but Des created a brutal and uncompromising dynasty, a team of workers that were feared across the board for a decade.

Shame on anyone trying to stick the boot in. Ungrateful and repugnant.

What have we achieved? The Dogs were a disgrace today.

2019 was certainly not garbage, and there were some positive signs mid last year...

Manly have won 8 premierships in their entire history. Des has been involved with half of these - and it would be fair to say that the last 2 were single handedly created off the back of Des. Bozo had a superstar line-up in the 90s, but Des created a brutal and uncompromising dynasty, a team of workers that were feared across the board for a decade.

Shame on anyone trying to stick the boot in. Ungrateful and repugnant.

What have we achieved? The Dogs were a disgrace today.
It’s an opinion , as is yours , that’s what Silvertails is all about.

Ungrateful & repugnant , is a little over the top.

But thank you for the insult , I’m sure it made you happy.

I like how things are looking with Spoony as coach he may prove some doubters wrong.

But let's respect the bloke who rebuilt our playing ranks after the northern eagles and Peter Sharp experiment. The bloke who won us two comps. Maybe it was time for des but it seems siebs is getting more support from back office than des got last year.

Onwards and upwards.

I like how things are looking with Spoony as coach he may prove some doubters wrong.

But let's respect the bloke who rebuilt our playing ranks after the northern eagles and Peter Sharp experiment. The bloke who won us two comps. Maybe it was time for des but it seems siebs is getting more support from back office than des got last year.

Onwards and upwards.
We can all respect the previous coach for what he did until 2011.

But let’s not forget how he left , and that he tried to rip us apart at the time.

I realise you are a Dessie fanboy , lots are, I was , but he was stale ( very ) and still living in the past, I’ve moved on.

As to the current coach , time will tell.

Des was a fantastic coach for us in the late 2000s
/early 2010s and I love him for it… but that was over 10 years ago. The team we flogged today is still reeling from his impact at their club and I have no doubt we’d be heading towards the same spot if he was still here. It says a lot that Seibold picked up the Broncos first ever spoon yet he is still a huge improvement on what we’ve had in recent years

Des was a fantastic coach for us in the late 2000s
/early 2010s and I love him for it… but that was over 10 years ago. The team we flogged today is still reeling from his impact at their club and I have no doubt we’d be heading towards the same spot if he was still here. It says a lot that Seibold picked up the Broncos first ever spoon yet he is still a huge improvement on what we’ve had in recent years
Strewth,there’s a lot of BS to unpack in that statement.Des hasnt been at the Dogs since September 2017,so he has nothing to do with anything they produce on and off the field now.The cap issues they had are well and truly gone.As for the Seibold praise,this is nothing against him but he’s only beat the very team you just said are still reeling from the Des years

Yeah throwing shade at club legend not on board with that. Des yes was past his best as a coach but imo he deserves respect. It's time to look forward and not back.
Beating a constant cellar club great let's see how we are round 13.

Des is a club legend. I won't belittle his achievements. Grand finals and premierships as a player and coach. He dragged us out of the N.E Sharpe shambles and the Barrett fiasco. His time had come just wish it had been more amicable. New era now and lots to look forward to barring injuries.

Des stuck with to many out of form players, his loyalty was one of his flaws last season, missed a few opportunities to blood some of the younger players when the season was done.

Along way to go for Seibold and the coaching staff this season, though no matter which way the season ends up it was definitely time to move on from Des.

Strewth,there’s a lot of BS to unpack in that statement.Des hasnt been at the Dogs since September 2017,so he has nothing to do with anything they produce on and off the field now.The cap issues they had are well and truly gone.As for the Seibold praise,this is nothing against him but he’s only beat the very team you just said are still reeling from the Des years
You ask any Dogs fan and they will let you know their thoughts on Des. Don’t forget that Damien Cook was overlooked for Lichaa and Sharon Woods was signed up on a big contract. Yeah maybe a big call to suggest he’s the reason for their problems now given they had the misfortune of also having T-Baz as a coach in that time, but his refusal to blood juniors was an issue there as it was for us last year.

Seibold can only coach against what is in front of him but we’re 3/3 so far against 2 good teams in trial games and a much stronger Bulldogs squad today. Players like Paseka and Bullemor were criticised last year but strangely enough are looking much better with a coach playing them in roles they are better suited for.

You ask any Dogs fan and they will let you know their thoughts on Des. Don’t forget that Damien Cook was overlooked for Lichaa and Sharon Woods was signed up on a big contract. Yeah maybe a big call to suggest he’s the reason for their problems now given they had the misfortune of also having T-Baz as a coach in that time, but his refusal to blood juniors was an issue there as it was for us last year.

Seibold can only coach against what is in front of him but we’re 3/3 so far against 2 good teams in trial games and a much stronger Bulldogs squad today. Players like Paseka and Bullemor were criticised last year but strangely enough are looking much better with a coach playing them in roles they are better suited for.
“Ask any Dogs fan” of course they’ll use Des as a scapegoat because he’s an easy target.But Ciraldo is their 3rd full time coach since Des left and I’m happy to stand corrected but there’s no players left in the squad that played under Des,barring the only recently returned Reynolds.As for Seibold,I was not bagging him but he’s only beaten the Dogs,if you think winning those two preseason games means anything more than good hit outs to get the rust out of the system and collecting the $100K,im sorry but you’re delusional

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4