Des's Pressie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Des looked like he’d been dragged through a hedge backwards. Someone in the team needs to get the clippers out and sheer the bloke. Mumbling hobo.

From a journalists' viewpoint DESpicable's media conferences are useless. He may as well not hold them because he gives nothing that is reportable.
I would like to ask him: What instructions are you giving to The Shoe because he has gone from being the NRL's most exciting attacking forward to purely a solid defender?
Lolololol.

I have had two mates text me this morning, singing the praises of Hasler's coaching. They both made a point of saying he does great press conferences. Yet here we are - upset because Des appeared disheveled.

He has early onset dementia doesn't he? Back to the tiddely winks for some.

2EA74E99-BE0C-4B66-80EE-E45EABE462BC.jpeg
Manly press conference.

Des has more important things to concern g himself with, all Robinson can do is reflect on the season gone.
Giving five minutes to the media wouldn’t kill him. If his more important things can’t wait five minutes after the game is done and dusted, he has problems.

Reactions: Ned
I have had two mates text me this morning, singing the praises of Hasler's coaching. They both made a point of saying he does great press conferences. Yet here we are - upset because Des appeared disheveled.

He has early onset dementia doesn't he? Back to the tiddely winks for some.
At the end of the day rl is entertainment. I was looking forward to hearing what Hasler had to say about the game...he is a stakeholder in the whole enterprise. I just don’t get what’s achieved by being rude....regardless of the quality of the journalism. It’s part of promoting the sport that pays his wage. TV is the reason Hasler has a job as a professional coach.

At the end of the day rl is entertainment. I was looking forward to hearing what Hasler had to say about the game...he is a stakeholder in the whole enterprise. I just don’t get what’s achieved by being rude....regardless of the quality of the journalism. It’s part of promoting the sport that pays his wage. TV is the reason Hasler has a job as a professional coach.
Yes agree to a point.
The media came up with the Mad Professor persona and well he might be but his Mad Professor persona is all part of the show - fitness freak, tight arse, calves blood, mad theories etc - so why not just chug along and give them that.
He deflects from the players and owns the performances - we did what we planned, we held the ball etc.

Couldn't believe the question regarding Walker - "so do you see him in that utility role in the future"?
I don't think he could either.

Yes agree to a point.
The media came up with the Mad Professor persona and well he might be but his Mad Professor persona is all part of the show - fitness freak, tight arse, calves blood, mad theories etc - so why not just chug along and give them that.
He deflects from the players and owns the performances - we did what we planned, we held the ball etc.

Couldn't believe the question regarding Walker - "so do you see him in that utility role in the future"?
I don't think he could either.
Yeah but then he says he’s been playing the role for 6-7 weeks...he’s been playing it for the 3-4 months.

Also, I think they were asking if they see him signing on at the club as a utility or does he have hopes for a starting spot elsewhere, etc.

No idea how the players take him seriously(must be more eloquent behind closed doors) as i can't stand listening to air gasping, can't stand looking at a botox inflated face that is constantly portraying the look of the world against the club and i mentality.

Des knows the art of appearing like he is selfless and about the players but he really is all about himself, everything comes across as calculated and manufactured from my perspective.

I do like the no nonsense discipline side and the "occasional" dressing down with short blunt replies to silly lazy ass questions, but Des has to also remember and respect everyone has a job to do, we all sell out to varying degress(even himself) to make a living so why be overly difficult or rude with your interactions.

I recall when Des first started coaching first grade that he replied to a question along the lines of "i'm not a career coach" or something along those lines, to me that pretty much sums up Des.(wont elaborate more on my views on why he answered in that manner because this is a League forum not a psych analysis)

Would love to see how Des works behind closed doors because from the outside looking in(and it is the way he wants it) there is nothing that gives off the impression he could inspire or interest many.(obviously he does, the track record proves this)

I guess we all/most have to "buy" into a cause to benefit in life and it is the ability to manufacture and brainwash others to believe in the greater goal that separates great coaches and leaders from the rest.

No idea how the players take him seriously(must be more eloquent behind closed doors) as i can't stand listening to air gasping, can't stand looking at a botox inflated face that is constantly portraying the look of the world against the club and i mentality.

Des knows the art of appearing like he is selfless and about the players but he really is all about himself, everything comes across as calculated and manufactured from my perspective.

I do like the no nonsense discipline side and the "occasional" dressing down with short blunt replies to silly lazy ass questions, but Des has to also remember and respect everyone has a job to do, we all sell out to varying degress(even himself) to make a living so why be overly difficult or rude with your interactions.

I recall when Des first started coaching first grade that he replied to a question along the lines of "i'm not a career coach" or something along those lines, to me that pretty much sums up Des.(wont elaborate more on my views on why he answered in that manner because this is a League forum not a psych analysis)

Would love to see how Des works behind closed doors because from the outside looking in(and it is the way he wants it) there is nothing that gives off the impression he could inspire or interest many.(obviously he does, the track record proves this)

I guess we all/most have to "buy" into a cause to benefit in life and it is the ability to manufacture and brainwash others to believe in the greater goal that separates great coaches and leaders from the rest.
He is completely different behind closed doors...same as Bennett who swears like a sailor and is a real larrikin with a wicked sense of humour. They portray a different persona to the media but I don’t personally like it because they are biting the hand that feeds them.

I know Des won't cut his hair till the season's done but is not straightening his tie part of the game as well. Frankly he can wear his underpants on the outside and bark like a dog as far as I'm concerned. Still delighted to have him back where he belongs.

Des's attempts to stay under the radar sometimes verge on the bizarre. Does anyone remember a couple of minutes after the full time siren in the 2008 grand final, a reporter shoved a microphone in Des's face and, for a few seconds, he went into talking down the team mode. Then the penny dropped.

Fair enough Snake.

The media, until recently, hasn't exactly portrayed Manly a positive light, for many years.

If Hasler wants to give them nothing, then I'm all for it.

I don't know a lot about Jake Duke, but blokes like Rothfield, Weiner, Hooper, etc have been nothing but a blight on the overall game since SuperLeague.

**** the lot of them.

The media, until recently, hasn't exactly portrayed Manly a positive light, for many years.

If Hasler wants to give them nothing, then I'm all for it.

I don't know a lot about Jake Duke, but blokes like Rothfield, Weiner, Hooper, etc have been nothing but a blight on the overall game since SuperLeague.

**** the lot of them.
It appears as if being a tosser is a prerequisite to attaining a vocation in sports journalism. Most are either failed athletes or babbling agenda muppets. It's evident that Des can't cop the majority of them - Bennett either. A sentiment I understand entirely.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10