Difference between this year & last

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On current form, if we played week 1 of the finals tomorrow we would be out the back door, beaten by a side that wants it more, more desire, and has less errors & penalties than us.

Until our missed tackle count drops, defensive lapses disappear and our discipline refocuses markedly we have no right to be talking past next week and certainly not B2B.

Jatz Crackers said:
On current form, if we played week 1 of the finals tomorrow we would be out the back door, beaten by a side that wants it more, more desire, and has less errors & penalties than us.

Until our missed tackle count drops, defensive lapses disappear and our discipline refocuses markedly we have no right to be talking past next week and certainly not B2B.

Indeed, one game at a time focussing on the Dragons this Friday night. No looking ahead to the Storm game, talking about semi-final footy etc. Just because we are premiers doesn't mean anything is going to be handed to us on a platter, the opposite is probably true.

Shoe1 said:
A bye would have been very welcome yesterday. Lots of injuries and tired players. Inexperienced guys like Liam,

Continued... Harrison, whare can fire for a few games, but it takes more experience before becoming professional seasoned first graders who are consistently good week in week out.

On the positive, Manly have it in them to focus when the Opposition is higher in the Table than them.

It is an attitude problem, they do not respect the 2 points on offer IMO :(. Should keep that in mind, instead of the quality of the Oppostion.

Only if they deem the Opposition a threat, do the Boys focus:huh:

We should win against the Aints easy :angel:

Will be an interesting Team selection for 2V - any able bodied Manly Boys left to choose from:dodgy:

The difference between this year and last year is the number of missed tackles after 12 rounds:

2011: 27.45 per game
2012: 33.92 per game

The problem is the Toovey defensive structure.

C'mon guys, the sky is not falling.
I think last year we used a total of something like only 23 players all up throughout the season, this year we'd be close to high 20's already I reckon.
Couple that with our off season dramas, never ending contract negs,
DCE & K Foz catapulting up the money pecking order,
T-Rex non commital so far
Snake commital so far
Ballins future uncertain,
injuries, suspensions, rookie coach, ageing front row etc.
Every other team can smell blood in the water so they know if they can get into the grind they're a good chance.
Plus most of our losses have been against teams playing for their credibility so they play %age footy knowing that we'll try to play attacking footy with some errors
As I said it's not the end of the world, we can't win every week.
Get past Saints then we've got th bye.

Injuries and suspensions. People need to remember we did lose some games last year on the way to the premiership ... although I don't think we put in too many peformances last year like we did against the Panthers, Titans and Eels this year, (IMO the game against the Titans was easily the worst). Still, I'm confident our best is capable of getting the job done. Until I no longer believe thats the case then I'm not giving up on this season yet.

Our defence is reasonable for a contending side. Because we often get into a grind we find ourselves having to do more work in defence. Overall by averages we're ranked 3rd in the competition. What we need to do is start dominating in attack by playing for field position and repeat sets.

But we can improve our defence by missing less tackles and also by defending kicks far better.

Dan79 said:
2011 was a prime number year.
2012 is not a prime number year.
Last year was the first time we ever won during a prime number year.

Correction:

Last year was the third time, 3 is a prime number though ;)

2012 is the end of the known world - as Manly always wins in commemorative years, we should go B2B easy :p

HappilyManly said:
Dan79 said:
2011 was a prime number year.
2012 is not a prime number year.
Last year was the first time we ever won during a prime number year.

Correction:

Last year was the third time, 3 is a prime number though ;)

2012 is the end of the known world - as Manly always wins in commemorative years, we should go B2B easy :p

Wow that will learn me for making stuff up. Next time I will make up ones that can't easily be checked.

Just look at the numerology.

72, 73, 76, 78, 87, 96, 08, 11
even..odd,even,even..odd,even,even..,odd

when we win in an odd year, we win 2 even years.
2011 is an odd year..........2012, 2014 , its elementary my dear watson.

Looks like another 2 premierships, B2B 2011, 2012 then 2014...Sweet.

1947 said:
We are all fans here (minus Rambofan & Captain whatever) - followed 2011 & now 2012.

What is the difference in the consecutive years?

About 12 months.

Cant see reason for panick at all.
Sitting in 4th before last Sunday & simply had key players at 60% & missing size in the pack whick was rolled all day. This is where the game was lost no doubt, Penrith can win plenty of games when there is a sniff of dominating the ruck.
Also dont get the DCE 2nd year syndrome, behind a pack that unfortunately has looked out enthused leaving any 7 limited time & options on the ball, his defence has been solid & kicking stats suggest he finds metres as good as any half in the NRL. Finding the wings & F Back again comes from lack of momentum limiting time to find the ground.
When Foz, T Rex, Wolf get back & Gift regains full fitness, Choc gets over the niggly injuries & the attitude is spiked for the BIG games there is not a team that can match them imo.
The main difference I have noted is the attack is not as robotic & predictable with more raids & tries from our own half. The defence is not as dominating....yet, but if theres a man who knows about the importance of defence its Tooves so have no fear this will be in order come crunch time.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6