Different coach at Manly next season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Gotta think out the square people . We have to hire a ref and it has to be sutton as coach. Never before has one man influenced so many results. We need these types of go getters in our organisation

Sutton for coach,
Shouldn't be too difficult. After all, we have a gambling agency as our sponsor.

Really , you don’t think some of the disasters we have aren’t attributable to that?
No mate. Not at all. We kept that great group of players together because of Des.

They way Des left as in trying to take everyone with him was appalling however look at the crap and the disrespect he copped. He should have been locked away long before the dogs came knocking in 2011. Yet manly (Scott penn mostly) umed are rrred and throughout bull**** talk of KPIs. To a bloke who rebuilt the joint it must have been a slap in the face.

No one on silvertails was as scathing or brutal towards Des than I was, I actually think one of my posts made ch 10
News in the lead up to the manly dogs game in 2012. But with hindsight and reflection I totally understand why he went. There was a good reason manly fans were flithy we had a great coach a two time premiership winning coach and piss poor administration let him slip between their fingers to a competitor.

Tradition holds true. No one can coach manly to success unless a former manly player.

Get Ivan Clearly or Toovey or even Hasler please for 2019.

No mate. Not at all. We kept that great group of players together because of Des.

They way Des left as in trying to take everyone with him was appalling however look at the crap and the disrespect he copped. He should have been locked away long before the dogs came knocking in 2011. Yet manly (Scott penn mostly) umed are rrred and throughout bull**** talk of KPIs. To a bloke who rebuilt the joint it must have been a slap in the face.

No one on silvertails was as scathing or brutal towards Des than I was, I actually think one of my posts made ch 10
News in the lead up to the manly dogs game in 2012. But with hindsight and reflection I totally understand why he went. There was a good reason manly fans were flithy we had a great coach a two time premiership winning coach and piss poor administration let him slip between their fingers to a competitor.
Breathtaking incompetence. Where we are now has been building since we beat the Warriors in the 2011 GF. Back then I'd never heard of a club winning the comp and then ditching the coach. We had the makings of a dynasty and a great system that didn't rely on big name signings. We took rejects from other clubs, educated them in the Manly way and turned them into title contenders. Now we take good players and turn them into also-rans.

After the job Des did rebuilding us on a shoestring budget he should have been given the keys to the kingdom. Instead he gets slap in the face KPI's. I don't care who he pissed off or what he did in the aftermath. I only care about one thing, and that is winning premierships for the Sea Eagles. Perhaps he tried to wreck the joint on the way out because he could see that the clowns running the show didn't give a rats about Manly and were going to wreck it anyway.

I was livid with our administration at the end of 2011. Now I'm just resigned to the fact that our boardroom is Numbskull Central. Our coaching staff don't exactly bleed maroon and white either. I know bugger all about running a footy club, so if I could see that it was ludicrous to get rid of Des, why the hell couldn't our admin see it? Anyone remotely involved should have been long gone from this once proud club.

Sorry to rant but that's been building since 2011 too.

Never thought I would say this but I would rather take a punt on Chad Randell than some of the names being mentioned on here (understanding tooves is never coming back and des’s time may have passed)

At least he is a Manly boy...

Haven't posted in a while. We're obvoiusly in a very poor state as a club & as fans we'd just like some hope that things will get better. I honestly can't see a light at the end of this long dark tunnel.

Our current administration & senior management have a lot to answer for. If it wasn't a documented fact that the Penns are successful businessmen, one could be forgiven for thinking they are simply incompetent. Witnessing the complete mess they'd made of the club over the past 8 years, something had to give. Either they came up with a solution or they cashed in & walked away. Unfortunately it seems like actual results on the field aren't that important & there may be a bigger agenda for them.

Contrary to what some people think, football clubs can't be run like a business. A business is all about the bottom line. To survive you need to be as efficient as posible & make a profit. Clubs are about people & tradition. They're about fairness & working together to not just achieve short term success but also keep the club strong for the future. In 2003-5 we developed a culture that sustained us for the next 10 years. Since then though, that culture has been eroded & we find ourselves at another low point in our 71 year history.

So how do we get out of it? Leadership. Although, I'm not sure if the Penns have the will or even stomach for it anymore. They seem to keep making the wrong call too often. They brought Bozo in to run the club for them but his nepotism caused too many dramas & he had to go. I think that probably stems from the early days when they let Des run the club. Des obviously had success but his ego got out of control & that's what ultimately led to the events of late 2011. If they'd been able to manage Des better, I'm sure things would have been very different.

As for the change of coach, I can't see Barrett turning it around. He's passionate about football but IMO not emotionally ready to be a head coach yet. He'd be better as an assistant coach, where he can be close to the players without needing to make those hard decisions. I think our best option for next year would be Maguire. He'll get back the discipline & fitness we're lacking.

Haven't posted in a while. We're obvoiusly in a very poor state as a club & as fans we'd just like some hope that things will get better. I honestly can't see a light at the end of this long dark tunnel.

Our current administration & senior management have a lot to answer for. If it wasn't a documented fact that the Penns are successful businessmen, one could be forgiven for thinking they are simply incompetent. Witnessing the complete mess they'd made of the club over the past 8 years, something had to give. Either they came up with a solution or they cashed in & walked away. Unfortunately it seems like actual results on the field aren't that important & there may be a bigger agenda for them.

Contrary to what some people think, football clubs can't be run like a business. A business is all about the bottom line. To survive you need to be as efficient as posible & make a profit. Clubs are about people & tradition. They're about fairness & working together to not just achieve short term success but also keep the club strong for the future. In 2003-5 we developed a culture that sustained us for the next 10 years. Since then though, that culture has been eroded & we find ourselves at another low point in our 71 year history.

So how do we get out of it? Leadership. Although, I'm not sure if the Penns have the will or even stomach for it anymore. They seem to keep making the wrong call too often. They brought Bozo in to run the club for them but his nepotism caused too many dramas & he had to go. I think that probably stems from the early days when they let Des run the club. Des obviously had success but his ego got out of control & that's what ultimately led to the events of late 2011. If they'd been able to manage Des better, I'm sure things would have been very different.

As for the change of coach, I can't see Barrett turning it around. He's passionate about football but IMO not emotionally ready to be a head coach yet. He'd be better as an assistant coach, where he can be close to the players without needing to make those hard decisions. I think our best option for next year would be Maguire. He'll get back the discipline & fitness we're lacking.
Welcome back mate . You have made some very good points .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10