Dogs & Kasiano

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Kasiano charged with grade 2 careless. Will miss a week even with an early guilty plea.

Nice. Halatau and Kasiano gone and the possibility Manly will be at full strength for the very first time this season.
Got to be happy with that!

Bulldogs forward Sam Kasiano could miss Friday night’s blockbuster clash against Manly at Brookvale oval after he was charged with a Grade 2 Careless High tackle by the NRL match review committee on Monday.

Kasiano was charged for his hit on Parramatta forward Fuifui Moimoi in the opening minute of his side’s 32-12 win over the Eels at ANZ Stadium.

The base penalty for the Grade 2 charge is 125 points, but Kasiano also has 45 carry-over points, meaning even with an early guilty plea he will miss the showdown with Manly on Friday night.

nrl.com

Wouldn't surprise me if they fight the charge and get it downgraded to a grade 1. If that is successful and my maths is correct he won't miss the game but would have 90 carry over points.

Masked Eagle said:
Wouldn't surprise me if they fight the charge and get it downgraded to a grade 1. If that is successful and my maths is correct he won't miss the game but would have 90 carry over points.

There's no way Des would run the risk of trying to fight this.
They'll cop the week for the early guilty plea with the knowledge that Kasiano will be back the following round.

There's no way that will be down graded. The player hit played 5 seconds of the match. It took him out for the game.

Stevo said:
There's no way that will be down graded. The player hit played 5 seconds of the match. It took him out for the game.

If they were going from a reckless to a carless or something I'd say no chance. But as they are going from a careless 2 to a careless 1, I'd say if they tried it could be a fair chance of succeeding. I'm not sure how they grade the charges but history would suggest that there is a reasonable success rate on getting downgrades.

Perhaps we should try to get our performance against Newcastle downgraded from Bloody Pathetic to Careless?

Masked Eagle said:
Stevo said:

If they were going from a reckless to a carless or something I'd say no chance. But as they are going from a careless 2 to a careless 1, I'd say if they tried it could be a fair chance of succeeding. I'm not sure how they grade the charges but history would suggest that there is a reasonable success rate on getting downgrades.

Even if they down graded it to careless grade 1 it would be 75 points - 25 for early guilty plea plus his 45 carry over points which comes to 95 points.

Add to that the 50% loading for a prior similar offence back in round 10 which was also a careless high tackle grade 1 you get 132.5 points.

So at best he'll miss 1 week with 32.5 carry over points and a 50% loading on 2 high shots for the next 2 years.

This is why Steve Matai gets smashed everytime he does a high shot. It's not so much what he did, it's the loading for similar offences.

Stevo said:
Masked Eagle said:
Stevo said:

Even if they down graded it to careless grade 1 it would be 75 points - 25 for early guilty plea plus his 45 carry over points which comes to 95 points.

Add to that the 50% loading for a prior similar offence back in round 10 which was also a careless high tackle grade 1 you get 132.5 points.

So at best he'll miss 1 week with 32.5 carry over points and a 50% loading on 2 high shots for the next 2 years.

This is why Steve Matai gets smashed everytime he does a high shot. It's not so much what he did, it's the loading for similar offences.

wow its a 50% loading for prior offences?

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/judiciary/tabid/10435/default.aspx

Explains it all. Interesting reading actually.

We already beat them at full strength when we were under strength. It's their turn to be under strength.

Stevo said:
Masked Eagle said:
Stevo said:

That's correct Stevo. I didn't quite do my maths right.

Sam Kasiano will miss Canterbury's clash with Manly on Friday after pleading guilty to a high tackle charge.

from nrl.com

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8