Don't deserve finals footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
well results wise they are actually better. Where did we finish last year under Des mate?
Again facts matter.

Yep we are above where we were last year sure.

Yep we have been without Tom for a large part of the season like last year agree.

BUT this year we haven't had a ****sow like rainbowgate to deal with. In fact Seibold has been gifted a trouble free year as a whole.

Could you imagine this team and this management having to deal with what was put on the former manager last year.

We lost 7 in a row after rainbowgate which was completely avoidable.

If comparing like for like let's take this year and our position on the table and adjust for loosing the last 7. Where are we then? Let me crunch the numbers for you.

2022 - we finished 11th - 9wins 20 points.
2023 - we finish ? - 9 wins 21 points.

Now take into account the 2 extra rounds in 2023 and points we get from the bye.

Rough maths says we actually won 2 more games in 2022 than this year all things being equal. Take away points for the extra bye and its even worse.

Doesn't look so good does it?

Even though Lodge got injured I'd resign him. Coen Hess is off contract at the end of 2024.
Hess / Paseka / Lodge rotation would be a start. In the meantime payout Aloai to go to Super League.
The bonus with Hess is, he can play both Prop / 2nd Row
Could work in our favour. Might get him on a reduced contract

Lot of emotion about with the season now effectively over and a lot of squabbling amongst fans.

The fact is not having Tom and our props out and losing Lodge early is of course going to contribute to a loss.

However, our lack of intensity, lack of a cohesive attacking game plan, poor line speed and inability to win the ruck coupled with a low rugby league IQ of some players, poor defensive technique of others and just all around medicority of a few is the greater, and ultimately more dissapointing contribution to the loss and a season as a whole.

We can only control what we can control and the club, as a collective unit, need to improve.

There is no silver bullet, no one change that will right the ship, there are a lot of areas we need to make small to medium improvements in, and that should lead to a large overall improvement.

Sacking Seibold right now is not the annswer IMO, he gets next season with his squad, but he is not infallible and his coaching unit need to learn from mistakes of this season.

We need another quality mobile body in the middle. Woods should not be re-signed, I'm not a hater but there should be little trouble in finding better impact. Toff should be a last resort depth option and Keppie for mine has never really come on. Bully if used correctly off the bench, as a middle using his leg speed is a good option and should be re-signed.

Tuilagi is not it. Parker....who I absolutely love is not the level we should be aspiring to if we are talking premiership contender. Kayal Iro is just sitting there as a clear option.

Schuster for Manly sake and his own needs to focus and commit 100% to not only getting his body fit but learning the intricacies of NRL football.

I think Brooks will help balance us and I still see further progression to come in Olakau'atu, Koula, Paseka, Burbo and Saab.

Over all, our mental toughness is what frustrates me, I dont know if the answer is a sports psychologist, or if it is a cultural thing of getting a few hard headed, vocal leaders into the squad.

Not sure.

Either way, I remain with this club and team but we need to be better then last night and better than this season.
Pretty bloody good summation imo…

I knew we were gone when on a couple of occasions instead of trying to get a repeat set we took the 5th tackle when we were attacking.
That was just fuking embarrassing and through a total lack of game management by our so called star halves. DCE and Shuster went missing for 60 minutes last night. It was a terrible performance.

Why didn't Saab go for the try himself or past to Koula he was free, and what's with Garrick goal kicking plus we had 9 more penalties disgrace effort.

We will finish where we deserve to finish. It is not looking like a top 8 finish and we probably will finish on 29 points if we can beat the Dogs and the Tigers and that's not guaranteed. Poor season.

have you been living under a rock mate, you do know why the season derailed last season? Des had as a game away from a GF the year before that one and we were on our way to another finals series , until Mr Penn Rainbow Master decided to hijack women in league round, and go missing in the face of adversity , only for DES to cover up for everyone for something he had no idea about , and then made a scapegoat for his trouble..... your issue is with Penn no-one else... if you cant see that then you need to get reconfigured
We are all well aware of Rainbow gate, nobody disputes this. Injuries this year have created plenty of adversity too. The point is the record this year is better is it not? As mentioned before I was just as much of a fan of Des as EoL and others and have defended him too, but he’s gone now move on.

Ps if you believe our season last year was solely derailed by rainbow gate, you might also have been living under a rock.

Assuming we miss the finals again this year which is looking very likely after last night we have only made three from the last nine finals series including this year.

2015 to 2023. We qualified for the finals in 2017,2019 and 2021.

The era with Dce, Jake and Tom is entering its twilight years now. Two more years left with the three of them. Three at a maximum.

All three have been and are amazing players however we have not had a lot of success unfortunately.

Again facts matter.

Yep we are above where we were last year sure.

Yep we have been without Tom for a large part of the season like last year agree.

BUT this year we haven't had a ****sow like rainbowgate to deal with. In fact Seibold has been gifted a trouble free year as a whole.

Could you imagine this team and this management having to deal with what was put on the former manager last year.

We lost 7 in a row after rainbowgate which was completely avoidable.

If comparing like for like let's take this year and our position on the table and adjust for loosing the last 7. Where are we then? Let me crunch the numbers for you.

2022 - we finished 11th - 9wins 20 points.
2023 - we finish ? - 9 wins 21 points.

Now take into account the 2 extra rounds in 2023 and points we get from the bye.

Rough maths says we actually won 2 more games in 2022 than this year all things being equal. Take away points for the extra bye and its even worse.

Doesn't look so good does it?
We still have 4 to go here yet tho. Might be worth another look at the end of the year. Tbh my interest level in this game is that low I don’t really care anymore. We were bad last year under Des (before and after Rainbow gate) and we are bad this year as well.

there is a long stretch between the turbos and the stewart brothers. looking back, as much as they love the club they have not been worth the money . its time to plan ahead.

The team behaves (plays) the same whether it was Des was coaching or now with Seibold.

Poor playing IQ and inconsistent performances.

You can argue all you want about Des or Seibold etc. but this is mostly on the playing group as neither could solve the issues mentioned above.

We are all well aware of Rainbow gate, nobody disputes this. Injuries this year have created plenty of adversity too. The point is the record this year is better is it not? As mentioned before I was just as much of a fan of Des as EoL and others and have defended him too, but he’s gone now move on.

Ps if you believe our season last year was solely derailed by rainbow gate, you might also have been living under a rock.
Geez must not have had no injuries at all last season too.... Rock n Roll

@maxta when you start to say we don't deserve finals football.....there is something wrong. Your posts are always so positive (even this post is far from slagging off the team), but it really shows where we are........

Last night was a must win to get that 7th/8th spot in the top 8 (especially with Panthers/Warriors coming up).....and our intensity was pathetic. Sure we lost Lodge, and that hurts. But the Roosters are far from a top team currently, and we made them look like world beaters.

We wait until the game is well and truly lost....then Schuster does some brilliance and we get fired up.....what the living....???? Saab just watched Tupou take bombs....doesn't compete, or wait to smash him....just watches him....excellent.

And as was mentioned on other posts about our play of the balls speed....far out. We just lay there. Do any of our players every fight to get up??? Oh wait Lodge does....yup that's what we need a ring-in (who has done great) to show our players you need to try and get to your feet quickly?? What do the coaches teach these days? We allow ourselves to be dominated in every aspect. No wonder people don't hate Manly anymore, it's like kicking Bambi!

I always go back to that 07-13 era, we were like rabid dogs fighting over bones. If the opposition scored.....they would cop a bruise.

2587C6A5-FDBD-448C-AB90-EADB13D2E215.jpeg

This is what we are missing at the moment !!
TOTAL COMMITMENT TO THE BADGE.
It is up to both the players and coaching staff to create this environment and sadly most of them (not all) are MIA 😡

Assuming we miss the finals again this year which is looking very likely after last night we have only made three from the last nine finals series including this year.

2015 to 2023. We qualified for the finals in 2017,2019 and 2021.

The era with Dce, Jake and Tom is entering its twilight years now. Two more years left with the three of them. Three at a maximum.

All three have been and are amazing players however we have not had a lot of success unfortunately.
So based on the geometric progression 2017, 2019, 2021 …. we should qualify in 2023 !!
SIMPLES I don’t know what all the worry is about 🤪

We don’t deserve finals footy, but neither will anyone from about 6 down. Should be top 5. The 8 team finals concept is for tv to have more post season games, and fair enough as they effectively pay the bills. However, teams 6-8 are generally just making up the numbers.
NRL get tickets sales for finals matches.
So more finals more $$$ for nrl

The team behaves (plays) the same whether it was Des was coaching or now with Seibold.

Poor playing IQ and inconsistent performances.

You can argue all you want about Des or Seibold etc. but this is mostly on the playing group as neither could solve the issues mentioned above.
Exactly. The playing group needs a big shake up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8