Pre-Game Dragons v Manly [Round 19, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

20 6
Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
22 Jul 2022 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a good performance from Manly on Friday night. It’s a great opportunity for Sips and Paseka to stamp their authority in the pack so we end up with plenty of options when we hit the playoffs. These are the games we need to bag. Foz holds the key to this one and needs to get our rampaging backs in the game from the off. Yes, having Jake & AD out is a blow but we should have enough strength in depth to slay the Dragons! Go Manly!!
Just need a solid 1st half like the last three games, we have the forwards to bully any pack barring the Riff. Good test for our forwards without Jake and Davey, no doubt Des will ram this point home for Friday night.

Assuming the news about Davey is correct, I can't decide whether its Barney, Burbo or Bully who comes into the side. Can make an argument for each.
Might have to leave this one to Des, he can earn his money for a change. @:D

Loss of Davey and jake around the middle , and in the scrappy no frills department is a huge loss. The other forwards will need to step up for sure and will. The lawman out , will be missed more also in such a prop heavy squad

completions, errors and kicking will be far more important as we won’t defend a lop sides possession rate for long without them. this would be a great week to kick them a new one and play the game at there end .

in saying that it would be a super tactic for the drags turning our big guys around. And take advantage of our limited mobility . In DCE and hunt both teams have the capability to do so, have seen it work recently and are key stratagists in each teams game plans.

who will flinch first

for top 8 this is a massive game for both sides, so regardless of who plays, manly need to be very good, and ramp Up the footy IQ

unless the dragons shoot themselves, this will be a difficult game for manly As they may need to play against the dragons, crowd, ref and there own instincts to get the lollies

Loss of Davey and jake around the middle , and in the scrappy no frills department is a huge loss. The other forwards will need to step up for sure and will. The lawman out , will be missed more also in such a prop heavy squad

completions, errors and kicking will be far more important as we won’t defend a lop sides possession rate for long without them. this would be a great week to kick them a new one and play the game at there end .

in saying that it would be a super tactic for the drags turning our big guys around. And take advantage of our limited mobility . In DCE and hunt both teams have the capability to do so, have seen it work recently and are key stratagists in each teams game plans.

who will flinch first

for top 8 this is a massive game for both sides, so regardless of who plays, manly need to be very good, and ramp Up the footy IQ

unless the dragons shoot themselves, this will be a difficult game for manly As they may need to play against the dragons, crowd, ref and there own instincts to get the lollies

Yep no frills and wear them down. We've still got all our attacking artillery so just need Marty Keppie Schu and co to concentrate on effort in defence.
Hmm, why does that sound more hopeful than confident?

Yep no frills and wear them down. We've still got all our attacking artillery so just need Marty Keppie Schu and co to concentrate on effort in defence.
This is it. We can out score most sides. we are a strong attacking side. This separates us from the chaff. But we like to have the game won by the 30 minute mark, and this is a weakness. We just need to hold our nerve, grind Out 80 and a few individuals will make the difference.

Neither Really . It’s just footy talk. and There is nothing wrong with that

In today's interview, Des was asked if Josh would be taking Davey's place. He gave an indeterminate answer, saying he'll be in there somewhere.

He seemed excited by the slight possibility that Turbo would return to the side later in the season :)

We all had high expectations,but he is only young,I think he is a better middle forward than on a edge ,he has a good motor just needs to up the intensity and involvement
I agree . He needs to rev that motor of his and up his passion , intensity and involvement

It is called pulling his finger out and one is never too young to do that

Being a Queenslander one would think he would play with more passion than he does in his Maroon colours

Maroon is the colour of Passion and all players that play in it should live up to it

This was always going to be a difficult game and can’t help but think the Goons at home are now specials.

We will really miss Jake in the middle.

And no guessing where they’ll aim their attack.

Remember it’s been how long since we’ve won v them, our real bogie team.

Remember it’s been how long since we’ve won v them, our real bogie team.
I understand what you are saying feathered friend

We do not have a good record against the Dragons away from home

But the fact is .....

Records , Game plans , Defensive lines and Salary caps are meant to be broken

I wish the journos had asked Des if Jake's other brother (Burbo) is Covid-free, and for that matter if any other players are in doubt. Then again, Des being Des doesn't give anything away that he doesn't have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11