Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 22, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 WIN Stadium
29 Jul 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I
Don't be too premature to write Weekes off guys after 12 games, in a very disrupted squad playing out of position. For many years, he's been a class above (similar to Olakau'atu, Schuster, Koula & himself).

I really, REALLY hope we stick with him, and give him a chance.
I heard a whisper that Weekes might be going to Parra

I see my GP on Tuesday. I’m going to hit him up for more Valium. He’ll question this no doubt. But I’ve been with him for 18 years, and although he doesn’t follow the footy, he does know I am a tad invested in it and more so Manly. He’ll understand. :party:
My only restraint is a strong Captain Morgan and coke, as I pace up and down behind the lounge chair..

It's very easy to win the six agains when you're attacking the opposition line, we probably only had about 15 tackles in the Dragons 20m all night, so the Dragons line wasn't under any real pressure, whereas they probably had around 60 tackles in our 20, so our defensive line was always under pressure.
If we had equal possession and position, rather than just 40% , we would have murdered them, not to mention any bombed tries as well.
Funny how a lot of posters on here seem to disregard these stats and pour crap on our team.

That first try after the break when Koula got a magical pass from Tuipolotu to make the break you had Croker and Bullemore supporting Koula calling for the ball when they were both clearly out of play.

Gotta wonder what they were thinking. It was lucky Garrick got in between Koula and Bullemore and took the pass for the try.

I think the RU guy is an ex Wigan & Warrington rugby league player Jon Clarke. Played with Seibold at London Broncos. Also Chris Hicks and Monas at Warrington.

Clarke_Hicks.jpg

Ah ok. As long as they are nothing to do with the Wallabies set up.

Funny how a lot of posters on here seem to disregard these stats and pour crap on our team.
But it's not just about last night. It's endemic of our season. We have flashes of top 4 and then play like bottom 2. Stats are great but we were playing a side well below us on the ladder and given we are ourselves outside the 8 that's not much chop.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8