Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 WIN Stadium
30 Mar 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

That was so bad even my intervention wouldn't have been enough to turn it around - Burbo's a reserve at best and we'd get a lot more out of starting Brown ahead of Burbo (Though his nick name really should be third wheel), Toms desperation and over effort look like it steams from the fact he's lost a a ton of speed. Garrick needs to move back to a wing cause his defensive decisions are terrible and Penrith wont miss that next week, Tom needs a spell in the centers, Koula needs more space and a shot a fullback. Thought we'd loose that one and we did, don't think either Souths or the roosters are travling that well so the first two weeks of results painted a bit of false hope, we'll be closer to the bottom of the ladder by the end of next week.

They’ve been back a while now, and I thought nothing of it initially, but is this US trip still lingering for those teams?
Souths 1-3
Manly 2-2
Broncs 2-2
Easts 2-2

Perhaps just looking for excuses for this lot (sorry Bozo) lol
I'd say we've had the easier draw out of the roosters and Bronx. Par with souths from memory. Bronx and roosters wouldn't of lost to the dragons. I can deal with the loss to parra, but this one smells real bad

I thought aloiai had turned a corner also, that drop ball from the tap is unforgivable. Given the importance of that set could of made on the game. We got rid of keppie for the exact same reasons. And aloia has a history of it too
Just how big has that bandage on his knee going to get before someone decides he's a lame duck.

There wasn't 1 lower table side playing, there was 2. That's why the quality of the game was sh*t. We beat souffs who've been rubbish and we should've put 40 on them, Rorters who I think have been way over rated and again should've put a score on them and then the rot has set in after 10min last week. Our defensive resolve has been poor from round 1. Conceded 86 points in 4 games.
Yeah, it did feel like we were reverting to the mean in every possible way. Deja vu all over again. Two from four, well beaten by a very average team playing very average football.

I get that we want to throw the ball around and use our “weapons” (to use a Seiboldism), but when your weapons are misfiring that badly, you’ve got to be able to stop the other team scoring to stay in the contest.

But the sad fact is, we don’t want to defend. There is simply no desire at all to protect our line, and “our line” now starts pretty much at halfway. As soon as a team crosses that point, we are f**ked.

Yes, scoring tries is nice. There is no better feeling in rugby league. But you’ve got to want to stop them as well.

Another disappointing loss
Got off to a good start , Then they just stop doing the 1 percenter‘s
Many have said already you have to earn the freedom to throw the footy about after you run hard through the middle to get the opposition on the back foot , Till they learn that there will be days like this
Maybe they had there heads at Brookie for next weeks game
we weren't even doing the 10%ers

Just how big has that bandage on his knee going to get before someone decides he's a lame duck.

Just a flesh wound…

IMG_0164.jpeg

Didn 't see that one coming and just got worse as the game progressed .
6 day turnabout does not really cut it as an excuse , apart from the inexplicable mistake rate , lack of purpose and confidence in attack was really concerning , taking into account the amount of possession Manly had in the 2 nd half especially .
Was always going to be a bit of a struggle once the Dragons got their tail up and to be fair some fairly tenacious defence from them but general inept Manly attack is probably a kinder description and Dragons completion rate not much better really
Tom had a worrying tendency to switch off a bit in a few of his earlier games last season and not good yesterday as well . D C E a bit listless , just can not have 2 of your highest profile backs out of sorts .
Paseka tried to make his presence felt , Brooks and Garrick tackled well , Koula needs just that bit of extra space to be at his most effective .
Haumole again not being used to best effect .
Going to take a mighty turnaround to get back to a competitive level against the Panthers .
Maybe to get Bully back with his mobility , probably need Sipley in the mix as well for a bit of decent go forward . Not too sure with Burbo 's continued starting , tries hard but may need a bit more drive on his edge . Shu and Parker do not seem ready just yet unfortunately .
Felt sorry for Manly supporters at the ground yesterday having to endure that miserable overall performance , excruciating enough just having to watch at home .
Going to be a pretty gloomy remainder of the season if the side can not get some better consistency and professional level .

Didn 't see that one coming and just got worse as the game progressed .
6 day turnabout does not really cut it as an excuse , apart from the inexplicable mistake rate , lack of purpose and confidence in attack was really concerning , taking into account the amount of possession Manly had in the 2 nd half especially .
Was always going to be a bit of a struggle once the Dragons got their tail up and to be fair some fairly tenacious defence from them but general inept Manly attack is probably a kinder description and Dragons completion rate not much better really
Tom had a worrying tendency to switch off a bit in a few of his earlier games last season and not good yesterday as well . D C E a bit listless , just can not have 2 of your highest profile backs out of sorts .
Paseka tried to make his presence felt , Brooks and Garrick tackled well , Koula needs just that bit of extra space to be at his most effective .
Haumole again not being used to best effect .
Going to take a mighty turnaround to get back to a competitive level against the Panthers .
Maybe to get Bully back with his mobility , probably need Sipley in the mix as well for a bit of decent go forward . Not too sure with Burbo 's continued starting , tries hard but may need a bit more drive on his edge . Shu and Parker do not seem ready just yet unfortunately .
Felt sorry for Manly supporters at the ground yesterday having to endure that miserable overall performance , excruciating enough just having to watch at home .
Going to be a pretty gloomy remainder of the season if the side can not get some better consistency and professional level .
Haumole and Koula suffer badly with our current structures and strategy… there just seems to be no organised plan on how to utilise their skills and talent. Most of the time they are receiving ball flat-footed and/or without space. Haumole seems to receive the ball randomly after Chez does a bit of dancing and suddenly decides to offload it. Could you imagine what a Bellamy or Bennett may do with those two weapons?

That was very disappointing. However the ones I saw grinning away with DCE (Drug Cheating Enabler) were not local products, so not really imbued with a M-W mentality, no wonder what the coach thinks.
Having a belly laugh with the opposition coach on the field after a humiliating loss....
Seriously???

This is typical modern manly... embarrassed by dragons then will show up with an improved performance next week & think it's good enough

We've won just two matches from 13 at the 'Gong. This is weird, particularly as Illawarra and St George-Illawarra were not powerhouse teams in this period.
How the Manly side can play so poorly at one venue defies logic.

Perhaps just looking for excuses for this lot (sorry Bozo) lol
Please never mention the word Excuses feathered friend
You are more worthy than that
We Manly people are more Worthy than that

Excuses are made from incompetent people that have no answers and this useless Excuses Word defines their worthlessness

The Word Excuses is not in the MANLY WAY Vocabulary or Culture
The Word Excuses is Blasphemy towards the Resilient Benchmark Premierships Manly Winning teams .

Our Legendary clubs Benchmark Premiership Wins were not Built on Worthless Excuses
1711847077188.png

If we played like we did yesterday a decent team would have at least put 40 points on us.
In saying this it was clear to see that it was an off day and a steep contrast from how we played in the previous 3 games. Certainly not the time to spitting out any dummies. It’s a long season.

I don't think I've even watched an under 8's game that was that bad, you would think the players thought the ball was a bomb or something with the way no one could hold onto it

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8