Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 WIN Stadium
30 Mar 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I like your optimism but seriously, we have been good in one game - the roosters game. The rest we have been average. Energy was good in Vegas but we werent that great. Our defence is RUBBISH.
Our defence is crap
Look at last years grand finalists average points against per game
Our attack is pedestrian
The Vegas game suited us as the Refeering display was for a fast flowing game
Unfortunately we are back on home soil with refeering blunders, nit picking and inconsistency interfering with any ambition we may have as a club to be competitive

Consistency. Man don't have it. We lost the middle again. AOA looks a bit injured and with out him. We don't have a team. Paseka to Reggie's.
I noticed with Alioia on the very first hit up he didn’t run it very hard and was slow to play the ball.

Thought Tent had some good carries but the whole middle was below expectations, Jake playing 80 every week is not doing him any favours.

Missed the leg speed of Bully today for me, no creativity around the ruck, Gordie’s defence didn’t look the best today in NSW cup but his attack around the ruck would be valuable.

I thought the forwards went alright today as did Koula but beyond that everyone else was garbage
I think Paseka was ok - Aloia ok then he drops it cold. Ola too slow. Anyone who even thinks Olakuato could be at all in the conversation for origin is a deadset idiot. He would get destroyed in origin. No speed at all when he hits the line. He’s a waste of a big body. Does noting with it.

We were terrible but they played like the Bulldogs/Terry Lambs years offside all day and refs did nothing. The teams were never apart enough and that’s why there was so many dropped balls by both teams.
None the less good teams overcome these things , and sadly we are not a good team yet.
We’ll get goods next week v Panthers 🤣

Our defence is crap
Look at last years grand finalists average points against per game
Our attack is pedestrian
The Vegas game suited us as the Refeering display was for a fast flowing game
Unfortunately we are back on home soil with refeering blunders, nit picking and inconsistency interfering with any ambition we may have as a club to be competitive
Can’t blame the refs today. If anything they kept us in the game. WE MUST OWN THAT TRIPE OF A PERFORMANCE

I think Paseka was ok - Aloia ok then he drops it cold. Ola too slow. Anyone who even thinks Olakuato could be at all in the conversation for origin is a deadset idiot. He would get destroyed in origin. No speed at all when he hits the line. He’s a waste of a big body. Does noting with it.
Harsh, but some truth to it. He needs to learn to run hard onto the ball and stop the big guy in u8s routine.

What did I just watch ?

I am struggling to remember a worse performance.

Calling it inept would be a compliment.

And I stayed away from the Sydney FC game to watch Manly on TV. (Tell me you're a d1ckhead without telling me you're a d1ckhead.)

Handling is the biggest problem. If you keep giving the opposition the ball the tackle counts mount and our big guys have nothing in the 2nd half, They were gassed, the forwards should of been running direct then send the ball sideways. They went into panic mode and just through the ball around without any go forward trying to score from every play and the dragons shut us down easily.

The defence for the Sloan try was as bad as anything I’ve ever seen on a football field. The lethargy we showed that entire set was appalling. To let him stroll through while Tom just stood there and basically gave up. Disgusting.

I can cop losing but I can’t cop the zombie-like effort they’ve shown in defence.

I am concerned with the sideways ‘score off every play’ approach. We’ve looked the most dangerous when we’ve run through their middle. Go wide once a set after skittling their middles. Instead, we just go wide on almost every ruck for no reason.
Just speaking of zombie-like, did anyone see the Tbros in the corner of the dressing room at fulltime? I was yelling out , has Jake got a pulse? I’ll tell you one thing, I don’t think my expression was too far off the mark tbh. The family ****ed off for some Easter bull****. Maybe I should’ve hopped on along as well. (I’m sure my Christian neighbours would’ve hoped!).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8