Game Day: Dragons v Manly [Round 6, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
No no, we were perfect, remember. Apparently Garrick and others had a blinder and we were fantastic. Really poor offensive performance from us in my view.

We lacked any penetration in attack.
Come on mate... you were shouting Garrick’s praises from the rooftops last week, and you’ve posted on here a few times how you enjoyed supporting the Northern Eagles because they would have a crack. We lost the corresponding game 32-8 last season with a MUCH better backline. If that effort tonight doesn’t make you feel proud to support this club, then I’d suggest you’re a very hard marker. Yes, we have a few journeymen in the backline, but that just makes the performance even more noteworthy.

Overall, I think the Dragons had the better kicking game. Despite losing, I think Win Stadium is no longer a hoodoo ground in the minds of the Manly players. Not much go forward from Sipley - was he injured? One thing for sure - if Turbo was playing, we would have won comfortably.

And look at what clown liked this statement.
I expect this imbecile to post negatively, but what has happened to you @Ryan
Are you so obsessed with death riding our team.
I couldn’t give a rats ass how far up the owner of the sites ass you are, but surely you can put your bull**** aside to support the team 100%
Drop the tough guy act no 1 is buying it.

Too many settlers and under plays, Elgey is playing too passive lacking attacking purpose,straightness or craft.

Ball distribution out of dummy half from both hookers all year is lacking variety and composed crispness.

Loving the mix of our forwards with honest hard workers around the paddock and size, also excellent decision making in defence right across the paddock. (Suli as usual gets caught out either on the outside or stays back and indecisive)

Brendan Elliot lacks punch penetration and spark, looks to be playing tentatively with a hamstring strain, doesn't impose himself into the backline with any confidence.

Too much pressure on DCE to put in the big play. When the pressure builds he will run a short side play at speed with a predictable low percentage high risk face ball looking for the miracle pass that either looks a million dollars or is uncatchable under defensive pressure.(Smart wingers will see his short side run with pace and go for the intercept as DCE really telegraphs the play)

All in all loving the effort and resolve in the squad a great platform to work from.

And look at what clown liked this statement.
I expect this imbecile to post negatively, but what has happened to you @Ryan
Are you so obsessed with death riding our team.
I couldn’t give a rats ass how far up the owner of the sites ass you are, but surely you can put your bull**** aside to support the team 100%
Your obsessing again. About posters again.
It's a footy forum. Show some pride in yourself , and talk about footy , in a footy forum.

Come on, be better. You're better than this. This is @Fluffy , me, @Jigzkiller , and @Pittwater Legend , you've bagged tonight.

Didn't you claim Brendan Elliott was a dud, just a few weeks ago?

Mate, show some pride in your posting. You need to be a bit better here.

I didn’t see the game, but I gather that if Tommy and Inkneck had played and to their potential, Amalgawarra wouldn’t have gotten close.

So not too bad really.
It was a very fast a physical game and they only scored off kicks.

Des was pacing but not yelling in the dressing rooms.
This close contest should allow him to refocus the 3-in-a-row players :nerd:

All the commentators agree that the Ref should have awarded us a penalty for Gazza being run off the ball.
In the first half he did just that to the Drags @:rolleyes:

Hate the result but proud of the effort from our motley crew :clap:
giphy.gif

Why because I dare to not carry on like a 12 year old cheer leader? You doubt what you want it won't keep me up at night.
Nope.. because you just don’t get it.

I’ve lived and breathed Manly all of my life, and the last few years of soft capitulation was bloody awful. The WORST I’ve ever seen from this great club.

To see them digging deep, showing some real heart and determination in themselves and this great jersey is a wonderful thing: it’s THAT you should be noting, not nit picking like a blood referee over little things..

Yeah we lost. But we lost well. Never forget that.

Yeah if you don't get with the group think mentality some how your not a true supporter. I have never worked like that and will never. It doesn't make me any less a supporter.
What does make you less of a supporter is the lack of recognition from a gutsy performance.
This team was lacking three of its top four attackers - Turbo, Walker and Aladin - so it's not surprising we didn't have much penetration.
But the defence and commitment was epic.
No line breaks by Illawarra who have one of the best attacking teams in the comp.
We have only won once in nine starts at Wollongong, and most of those Manly teams were a lot stronger on paper than the one tonight.
I'd hate to be in the defensive line with you next to me!

My point is he should have been binned.

Yes but the referee stopped play for that incident, sent it to the video referee who made a judgement that a penalty was sufficient.

For the last play of the match, the referee called full time and then told DCE that the referees had already reviewed the incident.

I don't buy it. On replay it is 100% clear it should have been a penalty and every single panelist on Fox (questionable as they may be) agreed.

We did however have our opportunities but were not able to capitalise on them. A great effort nonetheless.

I think we missed a trick late in that game with one particular opportunity. The Dragons had us on our 10 metre line by the 4th tackle but their entire defensive line had shifted over towards where the ball was. A long kick into that vacant space on the far side would have been very interesting

It was a great effort from a disrupted and under strength lineup. We were the better side but just lacked the polish to finish off. The canaries were as usual. Lots of positives to see this year. We're right in the mix. I'm sure with AFB, Tom and Walker back we'll have the firepower to win these games.

Nope.. because you just don’t get it.
I get it they had an enormous dig but let's not leave it at that this is nrl that is the least we should expect. I stand by the statement that our squad is mostly reserve graders and that's not their fault it is salary cap management.
What Des has done in what 6 months is sensational no doubt and I am proud but I will still call it the way I see it. I know I'm negative that's just my personality but I love the club just as much as the cheer leaders.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11