Game Day: Dragons v Manly [Round 6, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Followed the game from an airport hotel in Santiago. Was crossing my fingers in the last 10 minutes but knew we’d do it tough. Disappointed to hear we should have had a penalty to level it but not surprised.
How did the pack perform without AFB? Stats show Jake had a monster game.

joeboy

Bencher
Great effort no doubt, unlucky on the last play.

We need much more from Elliot & Elgey. They pose no threat, all those people who said Elliot was fast and evasive and a try scorer could not have been more wrong. I had seen him play many times and knew he had next to nothing. At least he can catch I guess.
it’s all well and good defending how we did tonight, but if we can’t score more than 10points, we will get run down more often than not.

We have some woefully average players, but the effort is there. So it’s a start.

eggson

Bencher
Hate the result but proud of the effort from our motley crew :clap:

Fun fact I just finished watching the motley Crüe biography on Netflix.

My wife and I don’t watch manly v dragons as we’d prefer to not say anything abusive and stay married.

At least she goes for manly every other time and even wears club things to games.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Followed the game from an airport hotel in Santiago. Was crossing my fingers in the last 10 minutes but knew we’d do it tough. Disappointed to hear we should have had a penalty to level it but not surprised.
How did the pack perform without AFB? Stats show Jake had a monster game.
Pack went really well and Suli actually stepped in with a few runs up the middle.

Corey is a keeper and played in both halves.
Don't know why Sipley and Boyle didn't come on as fresh replacements in the second half when both Jetski and Siro were struggling.

Joel got an accidental smashed nose in the first half and was well marked all game

upload_2019-4-20_22-30-34.png

Last edited:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Everyone says this, Tom plays =win, afb plays =win.

They were missing debelin, Widdop and Korbin sims. I don’t think we can play that card.

Aren't the three Dragons you mentioned injured ?

Isnt AFB missing due to an avoidable, and thus costly , decision ?

Daddycool

Reserve Grader
Mixed emotions for mine. Yes they’re a lot better than they were last year but it’s the simple mistakes that are killing us. Up by 2 points with 5 mins it go & 15 metres out, they couldn’t afford to cough up possession. Parker hanging a leg out (innocuous as it was) on the last tackle, these are mental errors that they need to get out of their game.
Without Tom they obviously struggle to score points but at least they’re starting to defend better. Although without everything he brings, several of the lesser names need to step it up and others need to improve their discipline (AFB). As a team they must improve their fitness. Tired players often make poor decisions and in close games like tonight, that’s usually the difference between winning & losing.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As a team they must improve their fitness. Tired players often make poor decisions and in close games like tonight, that’s usually the difference between winning & losing.

Fitness, on the whole, is the least of our issues, imo.

Ball handling needs to be our major focus.

Hold the ball, tackle less, be less tired, make better decisions.
It really is a simple game.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well, to elaborate, if AFB was available to play tonight, I feel he would have made a massive difference to us pulling a win tonight.
If only we had Walker, Tommy and AFB. Hopefully only.4 more games without Dylan. Him and Tommy may come back at the same time.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Great effort no doubt, unlucky on the last play.

We need much more from Elliot & Elgey. They pose no threat, all those people who said Elliot was fast and evasive and a try scorer could not have been more wrong. I had seen him play many times and knew he had next to nothing. At least he can catch I guess.
it’s all well and good defending how we did tonight, but if we can’t score more than 10points, we will get run down more often than not.

We have some woefully average players, but the effort is there. So it’s a start.
Conditions tonight we very greasy and both sides defence was good especially at slowing the ruck down so wasn't going to be a high scoring game. There was some very solid hitting in that game, very physical. Unlucky not to get the 2 points

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If only we had Walker, Tommy and AFB. Hopefully only.4 more games without Dylan. Him and Tommy may come back at the same time.

If only I had mentioned Walker and Tommy.

AFB would have been enough tonight., especially how the game was played.

Jerry1

First Grader

My wife and I don’t watch manly v dragons as we’d prefer to not say anything abusive and stay married.

At least she goes for manly every other time and even wears club things to games.

Motley crew were crap. I remember seeing them at monsters of rock Donnington. Crap... :)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14