DT.. Friendly fire article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone please explain why the centre position is so converted in NRL 2023?

Look at Garrick. When Tommy was fit Garrick and Sabb scored tries for fun. Garrick setting points records and the world was good. On the wing.

The centre position isn't what it was when Lyon, O'connor and our other great 3/4's were causing mayhem. Now with the edge forwards out there you probably need talakai sized guys to just tackle and run hard.

Its strange to think that with Saab out we could potentially see 2.Tui 3.Garrick 4.Koula 5.Vaega, we have the agile, quicker guys in the centres and the bulkier tackle breakers out on the wings.

Its strange to think that with Saab out we could potentially see 2.Tui 3.Garrick 4.Koula 5.Vaega, we have the agile, quicker guys in the centres and the bulkier tackle breakers out on the wings.
Probably get a hint from Siebold on player positions in the 2 upcoming trials in Feb, lots of intrigue and conjecture about who plays where atm.

Yeah I don't like looks of flanks tbh mobility wise bit happy to be proven wrong.

SEA EAGLES

Positional battle:
Centre

Analysis: Reuben Garrick knocked back a deal to play fullback at Newcastle to take up a new four-year extension with the Sea Eagles, and the promise to play a new position. And if Tom Trbojevic is fit to start the season then Garrick will partner Tolu Koula in the centres. Where that leaves Brad Parker and Morgan Harper is up in the air. But it also opens the door for powerful youngster Christian Tuipulotu to claim Garrick’s vacant wing spot.

Best 17

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Christian Tuipulotu

3. Tolu Koula

4. Reuben Garrick

5. Jason Saab

6. Josh Schuster

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Josh Aloiai

9. Lachlan Croker

10. Taniela Paseka

11. Haumole Olakau’atu

12. Kelma Tuilagi

13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton

15. Toafofoa Sipley

16. Sean Keppie

17. Cooper Johns

Will Reuben Garrick’s move to centre cost Morgan Harper?

Will Reuben Garrick’s move to centre cost Morgan Harper?
Good looking side but many before Cooper for top 17.
If he was any good MELB would have retained him.

Tippytoes goes all right as a centre too , probably where he has played most of his previous footy . Someone has mentioned that Harper may not be available for the early part of the season and no doubt Parker still has some serious consideration to resume there . Just surprising that there is this Garrick for centre speculation and when he has never played there since his arrival at Brookie or not from my recollection . Indications that Weekes may get a run in the trials as a 6 and probably no reason why he could not get a run in the centres as well but not a lot of opportunity with the amount of general trial game time available .

Weekes can be be a pretty solid fullback, is quite good catching the bombs and he has pace, so he may be a surprise on one wing. I just question his defence, however Seibold will work on that.

My concern is that by putting Garrick at centre you potentially weaken two positions.

Garrick is one of the best wingers in the game, sure, he is probably ranked 6th or 7th, however, there are split hairs between the top 10. On their day, each could be No 1 and I wouldn’t swap Garrick for any of the others, especially given his goal kicking.

Tuipulotu is not in Garrick’s league yet as a winger, and I am yet to be convinced how Garrick would perform as a centre, even though he was originally a centre.

Parker may be a relative slow coach compared to other centres, however his defence is without question and he does occasionally run great lines, which has resulted in tries for him and also for Garrick.

Just my thoughts, and it will be interesting to see the team at Round 10, as barring injuries, it will probably be the main formation for the rest of the year.

Parker may be a relative slow coach compared to other centres, however his defence is without question
I think Parker's lateral defence is lacking at times. Faster players can run past him on his outside. In this aspect of defence, I would hope that Garrick can perform better.

Weekes can be be a pretty solid fullback, is quite good catching the bombs and he has pace, so he may be a surprise on one wing. I just question his defence, however Seibold will work on that.

My concern is that by putting Garrick at centre you potentially weaken two positions.

Garrick is one of the best wingers in the game, sure, he is probably ranked 6th or 7th, however, there are split hairs between the top 10. On their day, each could be No 1 and I wouldn’t swap Garrick for any of the others, especially given his goal kicking.

Tuipulotu is not in Garrick’s league yet as a winger, and I am yet to be convinced how Garrick would perform as a centre, even though he was originally a centre.

Parker may be a relative slow coach compared to other centres, however his defence is without question and he does occasionally run great lines, which has resulted in tries for him and also for Garrick.

Just my thoughts, and it will be interesting to see the team at Round 10, as barring injuries, it will probably be the main formation for the rest of the year.
You have captured my thoughts exactly. would prefer Turbo, Garrick, Koula, Parker/Harper, Tui while Saab is out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4