Dumb and dumber

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I feel the need....the need for speed.

Our meatpies scored from line breaks and tearing away for tje opposition have been few and far between in 2010.

Maybe Snakie and Wolfie will make a difference??

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I feel the need....the need for speed.

Our meatpies scored from line breaks and tearing away for tje opposition have been few and far between in 2010.

Maybe Snakie and Wolfie will make a difference??

Mark see my post on another thread. We won't have speed next year again I'm afraid. If anyone thinks Snake will be as fast as he was immediately, if ever, look no further than the recover of player like Anthony Minichelo. Different injury I know, but it will take time. As for Wolf, let's not forget we got from Park footy because Parramatta released him because of chronic injury problems. He was injury free on 2008, but has had problems since. I fear he will be a one season wonder.

That leaves us with an unfulfilled need for speed.

I agree with the speed thing, its a pity it will be lacking again next year.
Hopefully not as much as this year (injuries pending)

Go ask the Titans what they think of us in relation to speed.
Especially Kevin Gordon.

Attitude too would be a nice change from this year.
I noticed at the death of the weekends game the usual players were chasing Gasnier even though the game was looking well and truly over.

Thats the stuff we need to bottle and get the rest of the team to follow suit.

Cheers,
Alex

Not relying only on Stewart and Wolfman, Whare has pace as does Oldfield, and so does Cherry-Evans. At least some of these 5 players should be regular additions to our teams next year, giving us more in the pace dept than this year.

clontaago link said:
The dragons knew they could hold us out, hence the goals. Anything over 1 try was always going to be enough for them and they knew it.

When we played them last time they held us comfortably. We failed to change our game plan at all and did not learn a thing from that failure. 

Very poor coaching.

Tend to agree with that, we seem to have a plan A and if that doesnt work then we are gone. This year Plan A was worked out by a few teams.

I wouldnt mind seeing someone new in the coaching ranks to look after the attack and leave Des with the defence.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=185293.msg294511#msg294511 date=1284380599]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=185293.msg294441#msg294441 date=1284371363]
Mata ,were you there?  We didn't look like scoring.  Even with 'discipline' we didn't have the talent to get across the line.  If we  had Glenn, Rodney and Matai on the park, yes we would have troubled them out of it imo, but we didn't.  End of story.  

Roger that. The Dragons defence had us easily covered, in fact I can only remember 2 line breaks from us all game. Our only attack was 5 tackles kick to the wing, which didn't reap any benefits. I can hardly remember Lyon getting his hands on the ball in the red zone, which seemed a stupid plan. Poor discipline didn't help but we never looked threatening.

Also let's not forget the Dragons had 2 or 3 tries disallowed or called back for forward passes.
[/quote]  If the donkey had held his line when we were setting him up 1 on 1 against Coward we'd have nabbed a few.
[/quote]

You're being a bit harsh, he did set up one try down the left hand sideline, only problem was the guy in the 3rd row of the concourse wasn't up to taking the pass.

Chip & Chase link said:
You're being a bit harsh, he did set up one try down the left hand sideline, only problem was the guy in the 3rd row of the concourse wasn't up to taking the pass.

Probably best not to pass to the guy whos walking back to his seat with a beer in each hand.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=185293.msg294622#msg294622 date=1284436575]

Probably best not to pass to the guy whos walking back to his seat with a beer in each hand.
[/quote]  Watmough plays like that each week so you can understand the confusion. 

Can't blame Tony for that! I mean when he's on the wing he always holds his position just in case. It's not his fault robbo stupidly went in field to help out.

Though more seriously where was Robbo?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8